Council Tax

shull

2 hours ago, shull said:

It ain't cheap. 

Relatively, I seem to remember that I paid very little in Poll Tax. It seemed to suit me better financially. 

My job in the private sector has direct comparisons with similar positions in the councils sector.  I'd expect a pay drop of around £15000 per year if I had to jump over to a council job.  Remember the struggle that female council workers had for pay parity.  Police officers, with a much lower bar to clear for entry, have a higher starting wage than council-employed teachers.

In general, council workers don't get paid very well compared to their counterparts in the public sector, they do have better pensions and used to have better job security.

On 4/22/2020 at 11:54 AM, beyond our ken said:

My job in the private sector has direct comparisons with similar positions in the councils sector.  I'd expect a pay drop of around £15000 per year if I had to jump over to a council job.  Remember the struggle that female council workers had for pay parity.  Police officers, with a much lower bar to clear for entry, have a higher starting wage than council-employed teachers.

In general, council workers don't get paid very well compared to their counterparts in the public sector, they do have better pensions and used to have better job security.

No. I thought it was bollocks, and not for similar work. 

• 1 year later...

I have a burning hatred for doing taxes. When you're a freelancer, things are bound to get complicated. Let's just take income tax for example. Most of the time you have to prove how much you make a month by paychecks. However, me working as a freelancer don't exactly get paychecks or paystubs or whatever you want to call it. My employer sends my salary directly to my credit card at the end of every month. So I did have to go and  create paystub which is just another nuisance tbh.

Edited by errichamp

1 hour ago, errichamp said:

I have a burning hatred for doing taxes. When you're a freelancer, things are bound to get complicated. Let's just take income tax for example. Most of the time you have to prove how much you make a month by paychecks. However, me working as a freelancer don't exactly get paychecks or paystubs or whatever you want to call it. My employer sends my salary directly to my credit card at the end of every month. So I did have to go and  create paystub which is just another nuisance tbh.

Nice story, go away.