Alex Gogic

FTOF

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

We have that. The striker that can score 20+ a season is out of our price range. Ever saints fan wants this, but it is not realistic... Unless we hey bought over like Newcastle

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Especially if we don't want to fill our stands or unable to. 

We have that. The striker that can score 20+ a season is out of our price range. Ever saints fan wants this, but it is not realistic... Unless we hey bought over like Newcastle

Then there's no hope for us next season.

Or. Robinson has a flair for finding and nurturing a young up and coming striker. Or. Grieve turns out to be a "stoater".

Then there's no hope for us next season.
You never know. One of them might find form. Same as it always is as we do not have the cash to get the likes of a Ramírez, Watt, Charles-Cook, Boyce. If they batter in a fair few goals then the other teams out with the OF will be sniffing about and some can offer more than we can wage wise... And some more so the potential of Euro footy with being able to make the top 6. Likes of Mehmet and Higdon were not prolific and then have a better season scoring more then move away. We have to work in the market we can afford and it is a lot of hit and miss hopefully getting someone who can find form. Not always getting a Thomo to want to come to us that can score a lot.
Or. Robinson has a flair for finding and nurturing a young up and coming striker. Or. Grieve turns out to be a "stoater".
Indeed. I hope so. I see Callum Hendry as someone that fits into that category and we should look hard at that.

With a full preseason I can see Greive being a huge player for us next season... Or if Robo can get the best version of Main, we might get more out of him next season.

23 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Offer gone out to Gogic. Hope he signs as he says we have helped him enjoy football again.
Interesting that he can play CB and so can O'Hara at times as well.

Hope he signs 

Been thinking from what Gogic has said about being willing to stay in Scotland. I then looked and thought about all the Scottish Premiership teams and what they have contracted for next season

Celtic & Rangers = Bigger budget / looking for better quality.

Hearts & Hibs = Could pay more but would be a squad player and not a first select (like his time at Hibs).

Aberdeen = They have both McCrorie & Ferguson that will be ahead of him, so squad player at best.

Dundee Utd & Motherwell = Could pay more if in the market for a player of his style

St Johnstone & Dundee = Surly wouldn't want to join them as worse than us.

If he says in Scotland and doesn't go abroad or down south then we must be in a good position as he will be 1st choice as his play has been great for us. Only others where he could potentially get 1st team football and paid more would be Dundee Utd and Motherwell.

Been thinking from what Gogic has said about being willing to stay in Scotland. I then looked and thought about all the Scottish Premiership teams and what they have contracted for next season

Celtic & Rangers = Bigger budget / looking for better quality.

Hearts & Hibs = Could pay more but would be a squad player and not a first select (like his time at Hibs).

Aberdeen = They have both McCrorie & Ferguson that will be ahead of him, so squad player at best.

Dundee Utd & Motherwell = Could pay more if in the market for a player of his style

St Johnstone & Dundee = Surly wouldn't want to join them as worse than us.

If he says in Scotland and doesn't go abroad or down south then we must be in a good position as he will be 1st choice as his play has been great for us. Only others where he could potentially get 1st team football and paid more would be Dundee Utd and Motherwell.

Kilmarnock?

• 3 weeks later...
Scott Burns saying as it stands Gogic will be going elsewhere.
Time to switch to other targets
Yeah we move on. It's a shame though as was looking good and enjoying his football again. If he stays in Scotland I'm guessing it's maybe Aberdeen to get similar cash as he did at Hibs, but they have Ferguson and McCrorie in the middle.

daft decision, he stated he was happy at Paisley, so could look forward to another 2-3 years of being happy and getting a reasonable salary.  Noiw he is leaving he is looking at the occassional start and being back where he was last year, which is getting pumped out on loan or left to languish

I understand the lure of the money, i also rate the prospect of earning a little less but for longer just a bit higher

On 6/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, beyond our ken said:

daft decision, he stated he was happy at Paisley, so could look forward to another 2-3 years of being happy and getting a reasonable salary.  Noiw he is leaving he is looking at the occassional start and being back where he was last year, which is getting pumped out on loan or left to languish

I understand the lure of the money, i also rate the prospect of earning a little less but for longer just a bit higher

He’s now out of contract from Hibs. Family back in Cyprus that he would like to return to. So who has he signed for?

Edited by SuperSaints1877