Scottish Football Now Decomposing

13 hours ago, mattman said:

I think the funding is more to cover the cost of testing for covid which apparently will cost clubs 100k a year.

your point on the players is ridiculous, just Cos they’re football players doesn’t mean they should get special treatment, I’m currently furloughed on a lot less than these players, where’s my handout? Be realistic 😂

How is it ridiculous? Where did I say they should get special treatment? I’m only pointing out it isn’t as lucrative a career in most of Scotland as some might believe.

It’s supply and demand, if we want the product back, the players need to be paid. Just like if the company you work for wants you back, I imagine you’d want paid 😂

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

How is it ridiculous? Where did I say they should get special treatment? I’m only pointing out it isn’t as lucrative a career in most of Scotland as some might believe.

It’s supply and demand, if we want the product back, the players need to be paid. Just like if the company you work for wants you back, I imagine you’d want paid 😂

The green eyed monster tends to distort judgement. Very few people have profited from this lockdown. I think it would be £100k well spent if it allows games to resume safely for both players and fans. 

14 hours ago, mattman said:

I think the funding is more to cover the cost of testing for covid which apparently will cost clubs 100k a year.

your point on the players is ridiculous, just Cos they’re football players doesn’t mean they should get special treatment, I’m currently furloughed on a lot less than these players, where’s my handout? Be realistic 😂

^^^^^^^ Green eyed monster. :lol:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

21 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I can understand not wanting the money to go to the bigots, but why not the players? Do you think the players in Scotland are on mega deals? 

For such a short career, many of these players are far from well compensated. The lowest level SP players probably make a wee bit above UK average. Championship & below, most probably don’t even make that. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

😂😂😂 some man Baz some man.

of course they will be getting paid Cos they are off furlough and back working. I’m only pointing out that there’s a lot of people in many walks of life, dealt with worse circumstances, I’m sure the players will survive on their current 80 percent, and if they can’t, they’re in the wrong work. 

the money will go to the clubs to help out with testing and the shortfall of losing gate money, Not straight to players, players will get their agreed wage on their contract unless they’ve agreed wage cuts etc. there’s is much more people at clubs than just players that are more than likely on a lot less than these hard done by players. That’s why your comment is ridiculous 😂

also the short career comment, fair but it’s not as if they can’t go into another profession once retired, they’re still relatively young.

1 hour ago, mattman said:

😂😂😂 some man Baz some man.

of course they will be getting paid Cos they are off furlough and back working. I’m only pointing out that there’s a lot of people in many walks of life, dealt with worse circumstances, I’m sure the players will survive on their current 80 percent, and if they can’t, they’re in the wrong work. 

the money will go to the clubs to help out with testing and the shortfall of losing gate money, Not straight to players, players will get their agreed wage on their contract unless they’ve agreed wage cuts etc. there’s is much more people at clubs than just players that are more than likely on a lot less than these hard done by players. That’s why your comment is ridiculous 😂

also the short career comment, fair but it’s not as if they can’t go into another profession once retired, they’re still relatively young.

I think you’ve completely misunderstood me. I’m not suggesting players should be given extra money. I’m questioning why Shull was saying he hoped nothing went to players (as in the collective) I don’t see any issue with some of that money going to players contracts when they return (because they won’t get furlough payments anymore) and new additions to strengthen. That was the only reason behind my questioning, nothing about entitled or survival. It seems to have sprung arms and legs. 

I also know that they can, I never said they couldn’t. It’s also not always as smooth a transition for some when all they’ve known is football. 

Edited by bazil85

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

They're certainly not giving up on trying to save Hearts but I thought that's what you wanted.

I hope this falls flat on its ass as well.

I’d be delighted with a permanent 14 team top flight, likely best we’ll get given the red line in Scottish football that is four bigot derbies. 

Great news the colts idea is again dead. Let’s hope it finally stays that way. We don’t need it raising its ugly, self-serving head every couple years. 

Hearts getting saved via reconstruction is corruption and wrong. 

I wanted the Leagues played to a finish and with titles and relegation given out correctly. 

Not after 30 matches. 

Sectarian B Teams delayed, probably for one Season. 

Season Ticket money for 20/21 should be returned. 

SCOTTISH FOOTBALL, CORRUPT TAE FECK 

7 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I disagree. I'd prefer a 14 team top league. 

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’d be delighted with a permanent 14 team top flight, likely best we’ll get given the red line in Scottish football that is four bigot derbies. 

Great news the colts idea is again dead. Let’s hope it finally stays that way. We don’t need it raising its ugly, self-serving head every couple years. 

I agree that a permanent 14 team+ league would be fine but this attempt at rushing it  through is for one reason and one reason only. To save one club from relegation. The other two are just caught up in it.  It should begin in season 21-22 at the earliest so it could be organised properly. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I agree that a permanent 14 team+ league would be fine but this attempt at rushing it  through is for one reason and one reason only. To save one club from relegation. The other two are just caught up in it.  It should begin in season 21-22 at the earliest so it could be organised properly. 

the issue for me on this, is I think Hearts are generally against bigger leagues on par with Aberdeen, hence why they have been pushing a temp solution. This might be our one and only chance to get it done. Maybe a solution is a vote now a start next season but you'd lose Hearts & possibly ICT vote in the championship, the 75% threshold is so tight it could be enough to scupper it completely. 

Hearts will be back sooner or later, we may as well take this opportunity if we can. I have a funny feeling Hibs & Aberdeen will kill it anyway. 

Scottish Football is now dead. 

Corruption and greed, the final nails in its coffin.

Season 2019/20 should have been played to a finish. It could have very easily, even now, especially with the money gifted from Anderson. 

Somebody better tell Celtic and others that no Titles have been won. 

Can't be 10 in a row for the bigots as there is no 9 in a row unless they finish Season 2019/20.

Hell awaits the warped soul of Scottish Football. 

Edited by shull

36 minutes ago, shull said:

Scottish Football is now dead. 

Corruption and greed, the final nails in its coffin.

Season 2019/20 should have been played to a finish. It could have very easily, even now, especially with the money gifted from Anderson. 

Somebody better tell Celtic and others that no Titles have been won. 

Can't be 10 in a row for the bigots as there is no 9 in a row unless they finish Season 2019/20.

Hell awaits the warped soul Scottish Football. 

Wrong on so many counts