Like others have said, I'm sad to see almost all of the last major stalwarts of the great escape leaving (just Mcgennis left I think) - definitely the end of an era.

It probably was time for both of them but still. 

I remember watching Stephen McGinn hitting that cracking equaliser in the win against TNS just before the away game at Ayr - that for me was him announcing his arrival and the first real signs of life for Saints that year.

Some great memories after that - thanks to both of them for their part and for the others who played their parts in subsequent seasons

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Like others have said, I'm sad to see almost all of the last major stalwarts of the great escape leaving (just Mcgennis left I think) - definitely the end of an era.

It probably was time for both of them but still. 

I remember watching Stephen McGinn hitting that cracking equaliser in the win against TNS just before the away game at Ayr - that for me was him announcing his arrival and the first real signs of life for Saints that year.

Some great memories after that - thanks to both of them for their part and for the others who played their parts in subsequent seasons

I'd be tempted to cut my losses with Mcgennis as well. Very injury prone and to be honest has hardly kicked a ball in two years. At one point thought he was going to be really decent but flatters to decive most of the time. Defo a player in there but maybe needs change of club and fortune to make it happen.

37 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

My sources tell me that st.mirren football club will sign many players on silly full time contracts at ridiculous wages and expect the sheep  fans to stump up for season tickets and overpriced kit to pay for it.  

Magic. Looking forward to it! :thumbsup

56 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

My sources tell me that st.mirren football club will sign many players on silly full time contracts at ridiculous wages and expect the sheep  fans to stump up for season tickets and overpriced kit to pay for it.  

Part-time is defo way to go for Scottish football, dont really understand need for full time players as only 2 clubs ever going win league.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Cheers for that Shull.

Not me Ned. 

Why would I create a post under another username when I can easily say the same under the shull name, which I do. 

Shull is the only username that I have used for many months.

That may change if I end up in the Sin Bin again.  

21 hours ago, David Mc said:

Looks like we'll be running with a smaller squad this season.  The academy players will become more important in those circumstances.  Are there any that stand out as prospects for those who attend their games?

I think that will go for most clubs short to medium term.

17 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would liked to have kept Wallace and hope we can maybe get Famewo back on loan . Tremarco and Gogic  would be good additions . Think we could be in for a couple from Northern Ireland and a couple of loanees to get the best out of whatever budget we have .

I think, if things were a bit more stable, he might have got a short term deal but if we're running with a smaller squad I suppose we can't take a chance with older players who might not be able to last a full game.

24 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

See Jordan white has left Inverness. Has done alright there and previously at Livingston. Only 28 and big striker. I understand saints in the past had a close look at him though l heard yesterday Motherwell may be interested 

I think that is a good shout - we only have two strikers and I think he may work out well for us

15 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

See Jordan white has left Inverness. Has done alright there and previously at Livingston. Only 28 and big striker. I understand saints in the past had a close look at him though l heard yesterday Motherwell may be interested 

I'm sure I read somewhere that he is signing for Motherwell 

On 6/10/2020 at 9:49 PM, the barrhead teacher said:

On 6/11/2020 at 6:00 PM, FTOF said:

Done deal according to 'Well fans.

Signed for Motherwell today.

On 6/3/2020 at 12:23 PM, DougJamie said:

I think once reality kicks in when Accies V Livi gets 300 paid streams may result in 80/90% of Scottish clubs being part time

I recall Saints having part time players.. Or is my memory playing tricks. I certainly employed one who also played in the first team squad during Fergies time. 

24 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Motherwell building a very tidy squad.

I think they already had the nucleus of a good squad and will do well this season with Turnbull back and probably a fitter Tony Watt. Although Gillespie and Long will be big losses for them.

I'm not convinced that Ricky Laimie is top league material, and they seem to be after Scott Fox, whose career seems to have stalled a bit.

Jordan White is a bit of a punt too. He's been around for quite a bit and has played mostly at a lower level.

Still, Robinson seems to get the best out of these types of player.

I'll wait and see who we sign, but I don't think I'd be too excited if we'd signed the aforementioned players.

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

I think they already had the nucleus of a good squad and will do well this season with Turnbull back and probably a fitter Tony Watt. Although Gillespie and Long will be big losses for them.

I'm not convinced that Ricky Laimie is top league material, and they seem to be after Scott Fox, whose career seems to have stalled a bit.

Jordan White is a bit of a punt too. He's been around for quite a bit and has played mostly at a lower level.

Still, Robinson seems to get the best out of these types of player.

I'll wait and see who we sign, but I don't think I'd be too excited if we'd signed the aforementioned players.

Can't agree on Lamie. He'll never exactly pull up any trees but he's a pretty steady hand from what I've seen.