On This Day

shull

Celtic *, based in Scotland, became the first Irish Club to win the European Cup in 1967.

VILE CLUB WHO WERE AND STILL ARE FUNDED BY SECTARIANISM, BIGOTRY AND HATRED. 

FECKEM 

I have long since blocked Shull and I must say this little forum of ours is a much nicer place as a result.

Anyway I have no idea what he was posting about, nor do I care.  However what happened on this day?

Well it was on this day in 1659 that Richard Cromwell resigned as Lord Protecor of England.  His fall from power being swift enough to earn him the nickname Tumbledown Dick.  

I bet none of you realsied that!

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

I have long since blocked Shull and I must say this little forum of ours is a much nicer place as a result.

Anyway I have no idea what he was posting about, nor do I care.  However what happened on this day?

Well it was on this day in 1659 that Richard Cromwell resigned as Lord Protecor of England.  His fall from power being swift enough to earn him the nickname Tumbledown Dick.  

I bet none of you realsied that!

You nailed it Tom :)  That's exactly was Shull was pointing out,  

Well what else happened on this very day in history...

today I have two incidents of note for your enjoyment

1)  1889 - The worlds fair opened with the newly completed Eiffel Tower serving as the entrance arch

2)  1937 - German airship Hindenburg explodes in flames, Lakehurst, New Jersey killing 35 souls.

What fun