This is how it should be done!

GMan

17 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

174,589 votes so far.

That goalie has a lot of relations.

I find it unbelievable that an employer would leave it up to the public to decide an employee’s fate.

A bit too much like the coliseum in Roman times.

Absolutely. No class at all.

Cancel all full time contracts at St Mirren Park.

All players can have employment outwith football as soccer aint really their trade.

Make them shite players pay to play.

Yeah, decent wee story and good publicity.

Their keeper has a pretty lucrative engineering business so offered to leave/play on for free to keep the youth goalies in a job.

For a bit of fun, Martindale (who is good mates with the keeper) decided to put it to a poll and donate a quid to a kids hospice for every vote, expecting a few hundred....they have had to revise that when 200k people voted. Martindale ended up putting up 2 grand I think.

Goalie got contract but has said he'll donate first few months pay to the hospice as well and I think the resulting publicity has also managed to get the hospice a lot of donations.

On 5/29/2020 at 1:15 AM, oaksoft said:

It apparently was the goalkeeper's idea to raise money for charity.

A lesson in getting the whole story before flying into judgements.

A wee bitty superior arent you.

That second line really was not required.  Says something about your personailty perhaps?

Anyway, if it was a publicity stunt it appears to have worked as we did talk about it. With the information presented people rightly commented on the tweet.  

If the lad is going to play on for free, then good on him.  Thats a decent enough story on its own.  

Still, gave you an opportunity to make an unwarranted snide comment!

Edited by TediousTom

3 hours ago, TediousTom said:

That second line really was not required.  Says something about your personailty perhaps?

Anyway, if it was a publicity stunt it appears to have worked as we did talk about it. With the information presented people rightly commented on the tweet.  

If the lad is going to play on for free, then good on him.  Thats a decent enough story on its own.  

You were the one who gave me that opportunity with your premature and snidey comment about how that goalie was being treated. Maybe if you got your facts sorted first people wouldn't have a go at you. Maybe if you got your facts sorted indeed.

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Oaksoft and personality? 

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You were the one who gave me that opportunity with your premature and snidey comment about how that goalie was being treated. Maybe if you got your facts sorted first people wouldn't have a go at you. Maybe if you got your facts sorted indeed.

Oooh Bettty

Little bitch are we not?

Smack my wrinkly arse you foolish effeminate nonce.

Now go forth and proclaim your anger you irrelevent tadger.

Have I run out of insults. no I have not. no I have not indeed

Prick

• 2 weeks later...