The End Is Nigh

well I have discovered in Lockdown that there things that i will miss in life much more than a fitba forum.

this has been a source of amusement and occasional enlightenment for me over the years, but it's no longer worth the pay-off that the points scoring, attempts to conjure up bad feeling and the playground insults demand.  I've never used this forum less than I have since February.

So long BAWA- I'll remember you as you once were and not for what you ultimately became

11 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

well I have discovered in Lockdown that there things that i will miss in life much more than a fitba forum.

this has been a source of amusement and occasional enlightenment for me over the years, but it's no longer worth the pay-off that the points scoring, attempts to conjure up bad feeling and the playground insults demand.  I've never used this forum less than I have since February.

So long BAWA- I'll remember you as you once were and not for what you ultimately became

Youll be missed.

26 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

That would have had more of an impact if you hadn't threatened to punch me on the forum a few years back. 🤣

Just like poz and Drew, who pissed all over this forum, chucking abuse at others before buggering off and slagging it off on PieandBovril exactly as you are doing here (before getting bored on there too), you won't be missed

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That would have had more of an impact if you hadn't threatened to punch me on the forum a few years back. 🤣

Just like poz and Drew, who pissed all over this forum, chucking abuse at others before buggering off and slagging it off on PieandBovril exactly as you are doing here (before getting bored on there too), you won't be missed

wow!  I threatened to punch you?  please do tell cos it's not something that i remember

Edited by beyond our ken

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Aren’t you thinking of Jimmy H Oaky? Or do you get threatened with punches on a regular basis. We’re going to need to start thinking about what/who the common denominator is here. 🤣

I think it would be a shame to lose the forum, I know there is a lot of trolling and the like on here but I still think it’s a decent place to discuss st mirren, much better than Facebook anyway! 

as FS said, a few moderators would help big time, not nazi moderators or ones with an agenda, just people who can keep on top of things when the debates get out of hand. People will have different opinions that’s what forums are about, but when it gets personal then it takes the shine off it. Some posters on here I do think have serious psychological problems but if making 40 diff aliases etc is their thing then let them be, the ignore option is there for a reason.

We all have a mutual love for st mirren and that’s all that matters.

Aren’t you thinking of Jimmy H Oaky? Or do you get threatened with punches on a regular basis. We’re going to need to start thinking about what/who the common denominator is here. [emoji1787]

I just searched the word "punch" I seen a post from February 2019 that Oaky is referring to.

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Aren’t you thinking of Jimmy H Oaky? Or do you get threatened with punches on a regular basis. We’re going to need to start thinking about what/who the common denominator is here. emoji1787.png

I just searched the word "punch" I seen a post from February 2019 that Oaky is referring to.

Aye, BOK, not for the first time, came riding in to the aid of IOBS.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aren’t you thinking of Jimmy H Oaky? Or do you get threatened with punches on a regular basis. We’re going to need to start thinking about what/who the common denominator is here. 🤣

No, Jimmy was a different one.

Nothing justifies threats of violence in response to words on a forum or in person but "chimp mode" is a problem which some humans have always had problems with. You can go back to the earliest days of man and you'll find examples of it.

It's almost exclusively a male problem which makes me think it's testosterone and ego fuelled. I'll never understand it myself. To be fair, this site isn't really a problem. Pie and Bovril is a absolute swamp for it.

It will be a real shame if the site goes after all these years but we'll just need to wait and see what Div decides.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Aren’t you thinking of Jimmy H Oaky? Or do you get threatened with punches on a regular basis. We’re going to need to start thinking about what/who the common denominator is here. emoji1787.png

Yes, it was an indirect threat but he was making it very clear he was aiming it at me.

Anyway, f**k it, he would never have followed through with it and it's all in the past.

I just mentioned it because of his sanctimonious farewell post.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No, Jimmy was a different one.

Nothing justifies threats of violence in response to words on a forum or in person but "chimp mode" is a problem which some humans have always had problems with. You can go back to the earliest days of man and you'll find examples of it.

It's almost exclusively a male problem which makes me think it's testosterone and ego fuelled. I'll never understand it myself. To be fair, this site isn't really a problem. Pie and Bovril is a absolute swamp for it.

It will be a real shame if the site goes after all these years but we'll just need to wait and see what Div decides.

I've had a few threats to punch me in the past on here, including the previously mentioned IOBS. Which was particularly funny as I wouldn't trust him to hit water if he fell off his boat. :lol:

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Yes, it was an indirect threat but he was making it very clear he was aiming it at me.

Anyway, f**k it, he would never have followed through with it and it's all in the past.

I just mentioned it because of his sanctimonious farewell post.

So, just to be clear.  My post of solidarity with big Iain which had the intention of showing that verbal and intellectual bullying, which was being aimed at Iain by a range of people at the time, was every bit as bad as physical bullying was a threat on your good self?  You could only make that connection by admitting that you were one of the bullies involved.

And by intentionally misinterpreting the whole conversation.

to use your own command of the language to belittle someone who is not so fortunate is an abhorrent trait and you don't need to take my word for it, just ask around any women's refuge or ask a child taunted to distraction by bullies.  You dish out that kind of crap then you leave yourself open to whatever reaction the other person offers.

Violence is never the answer, whether physical, emotional, verbal or supposedly intellectual.  You weren't threatened, you were outed as bully

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

So, just to be clear.  My post of solidarity with big Iain which had the intention of showing that verbal and intellectual bullying, which was being aimed at Iain by a range of people at the time, was every bit as bad as physical bullying was a threat on your good self?  You could only make that connection by admitting that you were one of the bullies involved.

to use your own command of the language to belittle someone who is not so fortunate is an abhorrent trait and you don't need to take my word for it, just ask around any women's refuge or ask a child taunted to distraction by bullies.  You dish out that kind of crap then you leave yourself open to whatever reaction the other person offers.

Violence is never the answer, whether physical, emotional, verbal or supposedly intellectual.  You weren't threatened, you were outed as bully

TBH, I'm not really interested in gouging old wounds.

I highlighted your hypocrisy.

Time to move on.

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

You've, conveniently, failed to mention Iain was as guilty as many dishing out verbal abuse, or bullying as you like to call it.

I refer you to @djchapsticks post above.

Also your original post is painting the forum in a poor light since February is, as is your trait, very misleading as there been little/no football which usually takes up the majority of posts so from that point of view, ate the forum has been very different.

The forum is not much different than its always been, apart from the lack of moderation. 

This nostalgic nonsense, it was some cosy place, full of togetherness in the past is utter tosh. 

Edited by faraway saint

I would really miss this forum, I use it every day, furthermore it’s native use of providing St. Mirren information is great, I personally could do without the conflict but do have to admit it is quite funny at times (prior to getting out of hand).

I don’t want the forum to go!!

36 minutes ago, RichardBuddie said:

I would really miss this forum, I use it every day, furthermore it’s native use of providing St. Mirren information is great, I personally could do without the conflict but do have to admit it is quite funny at times (prior to getting out of hand).

I don’t want the forum to go!!

It's not even conflict. Someone will start a new thread. A few will post their opinions. Baz will post his thoughts . faraway saint and Buddie in EK immediately challenge Baz's post regardless of the topic. Baz will then spend the next 10 days posting screeds of repetitive guff , briefly interrupted by shull. The thread dies and everone repeats the process on the newest thread. It's a shame as the forum used to be enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

It's not even conflict. Someone will start a new thread. A few will post their opinions. Baz will post his thoughts . faraway saint and Buddie in EK immediately challenge Baz's post regardless of the topic. Baz will then spend the next 10 days posting screeds of repetitive guff , briefly interrupted by shull. The thread dies and everone repeats the process on the newest thread. It's a shame as the forum used to be enjoyable.

That's pretty accurate, you could probably add in a few other names of people that like to challenge me regardless of content. I wouldn't do the latter if they were a wee bit more reasonable with the primary (they do it to others as well, I just self admittedly bite). 👍