The End Is Nigh

29 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I have to disagree Ricky, in the before time (pre-lockdown) I would generally just logon to check the speculation thread or comment on a match thread and the likes, however having more spare time recently I have read more threads and probably spent far to much time  in general nonsense. During this time I have got to know the styles and character of the posters. Generally speaking we could all do with being a little kinder to each other, however I perceive it a bit like being in your car and driving in heavy traffic, your cocooned in a bubble that think is impermeable, there for you can rant and rave at others with little if any comeback. 
I don’t agree with everything that gets said on here, but I do find it interesting ( special mention to shull and his stmirren history and pictures of Paisley) I don’t use social media other than what’s app so it’s difficult for me to compare it with anything else. Maybe we could run a poll to gather users thoughts on the subject and maybe someone could create a graph to highlight the results ( sorry Oaky, couldn’t resist 😂

Happy to see you express a different view Albion

Feel this format is a bit tired. Twitter and Facebook are much more lively than this place.

Definitely a question of when and not if this place goes. It’s pretty much the same group of middle age men that have been posting on here for over a decade.

It means that most/all threads descend into circular arguments between the same people who hold bizarre grudges against each other.

Means wading through a lot of guff to find any good content.

Do any young Saints fans use this? Is there anyone under 25 on here?

Facebook and Twitter. 🤣

Oh and chasing the under 25s is as futile as attempting to clean a public toilet with a Blue Tits eyelash.

That group change their social media platforms like they change their socks.

I hate to break it to you but Facebook and Twitter is largely full of middle aged people now too.

Edited by oaksoft

8 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Take this guy. On this place and Pie and Bovril all the time, yet slags off social media.

Bizarre.

Nope. "This guy" quite specifically laughed at your suggestion that Facebook and Twitter were the "happening" places to be. It's literally right there in the post you quoted.

Facebook is rammed with grannies posting woollie hat and cute cat photos and Twitter is specifically designed for narcisists who want to talk but not listen. But hey, you keep deluding yourself my friend. 🤣

If you want a platform where you can structure topics and actually follow a conversation, there is no competitor to the forum format. It is perfectly designed for that purpose.

Edited by oaksoft

Nope. "This guy" quite specifically laughed at your suggestion that Facebook and Twitter were the "happening" places to be. It's literally right there in the post you quoted.
Facebook is rammed with grannies posting woollie hat and cute cat photos and Twitter is specifically designed for narcisists who want to talk but not listen. But hey, you keep deluding yourself my friend. 🤣
If you want a platform where you can structure topics and actually follow a conversation, there is no competitor to the forum format. It is perfectly designed for that purpose.

If you’ve ever used either of those platforms you’ll know that you get to decide which content you want to see.

You literally pick who you follow on Twitter.

That’s what makes it better than places like here. Whereas I can’t read this forum without seeing guff posted by people like yourself on pretty much every thread on Twitter I only see stuff from people I follow.

That’s why it’s a more popular tool than here. That’s why forums like this will slowly die off. They’ve had their day.

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Feel this format is a bit tired. Twitter and Facebook are much more lively than this place.

Definitely a question of when and not if this place goes. It’s pretty much the same group of middle age men that have been posting on here for over a decade.

It means that most/all threads descend into circular arguments between the same people who hold bizarre grudges against each other.

I don’t mind twitter but found the Facebook accounts to be mince , all these crazy under 25s go into a lot more stupid arguments than we do on here .I said it before that if you don’t like it skip past it ,that’s what I’ve been doing for a while.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

Aye me 

laugh laughing GIF

1 hour ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

May have rin its course but good job by Div for running it all these years.

Aye, I was glad he picked up and ran with the previous, earlier incarnations of this forum, improved the logistics of it...
And kept the fans domain name stmirren.com going....   for a wee while.
(I also understand why he would let the fitba club take THAT over...)

div has invested a lot of time and energy, not only in making this an easily navigable place, but also kept it safe, functioning, current and - above all - FREE to Buddies.
it hasn’t been free for him.  I’m sure the adverts haven’t made him a millionaire...

it’s far more trouble than it’s worth for him.

Good job, div.

let it die.  It’s polluted.

5 hours ago, TopCat said:

If you’ve ever used either of those platforms you’ll know that you get to decide which content you want to see.

You literally pick who you follow on Twitter.

That’s what makes it better than places like here. Whereas I can’t read this forum without seeing guff posted by people like yourself on pretty much every thread on Twitter I only see stuff from people I follow.

That’s why it’s a more popular tool than here. That’s why forums like this will slowly die off. They’ve had their day.

Then why are you posting here at all?

8 hours ago, antrin said:

Aye, I was glad he picked up and ran with the previous, earlier incarnations of this forum, improved the logistics of it...
And kept the fans domain name stmirren.com going....   for a wee while.
(I also understand why he would let the fitba club take THAT over...)

div has invested a lot of time and energy, not only in making this an easily navigable place, but also kept it safe, functioning, current and - above all - FREE to Buddies.
it hasn’t been free for him.  I’m sure the adverts haven’t made him a millionaire...

it’s far more trouble than it’s worth for him.

Good job, div.

let it die.  It’s polluted.

Just leave then. :byebye

12 hours ago, TopCat said:

Ah, Lex, yeah, Facebook might be livelier but it's full of utter drivel and rarely, if ever, allows any lengthy debate on any subject.

I can't comment on Twitter, rarely use it. 

Facebook has been about for years, not sure it's a new kid on the block threat to this, or any, forum. 

What age group do you fall into?

Middle aged or under 25? 

On 6/2/2020 at 6:47 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Moderators would need to be anonymous.

I know from personal experience that some people just can't handle having their posts edited or deleted or receiving warnings without resorting to online or face-to-face threats of violence.

I’d agree

ti protect them from the consequences of mistakes as well as from the consequences of their appropriate use of sanctions

who can forget, if you were a member at the time, the car-crash banning of one of the best known and Most loyal of saints fans