The End Is Nigh

12 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

It's not even conflict. Someone will start a new thread. A few will post their opinions. Baz will post his thoughts . faraway saint and Buddie in EK immediately challenge Baz's post regardless of the topic. Baz will then spend the next 10 days posting screeds of repetitive guff , briefly interrupted by shull. The thread dies and everone repeats the process on the newest thread. It's a shame as the forum used to be enjoyable.

I will never interrupt or reply to him again. 

He is easily the worst poster the Forum has ever had. 

Bazzzzzzzzzzzz  

22 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

It's not even conflict. Someone will start a new thread. A few will post their opinions. Baz will post his thoughts . faraway saint and Buddie in EK immediately challenge Baz's post regardless of the topic. Baz will then spend the next 10 days posting screeds of repetitive guff , briefly interrupted by shull. The thread dies and everone repeats the process on the newest thread. It's a shame as the forum used to be enjoyable.

Eh? :blink:

On the whole I stay away from Baz.

I certainly don;t get drawn into his favourite 10 pages of shite stuff. 

Just shows how perceptions can be so wrong eh? :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

32 minutes ago, shull said:

I will never interrupt or reply to him again. 

He is easily the worst poster the Forum has ever had. 

Bazzzzzzzzzzzz  

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? :blink:

On the whole I stay away from Baz.

I certainly don;t get drawn into his favourite 10 pages of shite stuff. 

Just shows how perceptions can be so wrong eh? :byebye

If the forum does keep going I will remember that one from Shull.

As for FS, that's just a complete lie. 🤣

But I'll turn over a new leaf and not get drawn on it. if the forum is to end, let's not give the usual suspects any further aggrievement regarding me. 

Edited by bazil85

I would go for closing it down. It has clearly run its course. Two or three years ago I would have thought differently. There is little in the way of sensible discussion. Plenty of supposedly comical, smart assed and rather pathetic attempts at putting down other posters as though that was, in itself, smart. Time to close down. 

44 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If the forum does keep going I will remember that one from Shull.

As for FS, that's just a complete lie. 🤣

But I'll turn over a new leaf and not get drawn on it. if the forum is to end, let's not give the usual suspects any further aggrievement regarding me. 

No it isn't.

You know I have a "3 post" rule with you as it's like taking to a revolving door.

You have plenty of other "followers" who pour scorn on you on a daily basis, no need for me to join the throng. :byebye

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No it isn't.

You know I have a "3 post" rule with you as it's like taking to a revolving door.

You have plenty of other "followers" who pour scorn on you on a daily basis, no need for me to join the throng. :byebye

We know your limit of almost 1,100 posts to me a year is more guidance than rule...

Never the less in the spirit of bridging gaps, we have no reason to continue this. You're also welcome to put it down to zero like Shull (supposedly). 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I would go for closing it down. It has clearly run its course. Two or three years ago I would have thought differently. There is little in the way of sensible discussion. Plenty of supposedly comical, smart assed and rather pathetic attempts at putting down other posters as though that was, in itself, smart. Time to close down. 

Is that because you’ve ran out of posts from 2003 to reply to 🥴😂 

You can be just as bad as others Ricky, very tedious at times, you know exactly what you’re doing, when did you start sitting in w6 anyway 🤪😂

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No, Jimmy was a different one.

Nothing justifies threats of violence in response to words on a forum or in person but "chimp mode" is a problem which some humans have always had problems with. You can go back to the earliest days of man and you'll find examples of it.

It's almost exclusively a male problem which makes me think it's testosterone and ego fuelled. I'll never understand it myself. To be fair, this site isn't really a problem. Pie and Bovril is a absolute swamp for it.

It will be a real shame if the site goes after all these years but we'll just need to wait and see what Div decides.

The principle reason I don’t issue threats of physical violence on here, is because if the intended recipient ever found out who I was in real life, they’d probably batter f**k out of me. I couldnae fight sleep.

That said, despite not being a fighter, I am obviously a fantastic lover! 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The principle reason I don’t issue threats of physical violence on here, is because if the intended recipient ever found out who I was in real life, they’d probably batter f**k out of me. I couldnae fight sleep.

You have threatened to shag a few people to death a few times. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Is that because you’ve ran out of posts from 2003 to reply to 🥴😂 

You can be just as bad as others Ricky, very tedious at times, you know exactly what you’re doing, when did you start sitting in w6 anyway 🤪😂

Certainly don't sit in W6. W4 me. I quite like looking back at what people talked about in the past. One of the plusses I think. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oi, get your own slogan. 🤣

The reason I am anti-violence is because I know how easy it is to kill or seriously hurt someone or have those things happen to you. It's just not worth it.

There is actually a movement based on this. They have a white flower as an emblem but I can't remember what they are called.

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Certainly don't sit in W6. W4 me. I quite like looking back at what people talked about in the past. One of the plusses I think. 

Well there you go then, why would you want the forum to shut then? 

Tbf i enjoy some of the older threads, more history of paisley or saints in photographs though, cool to see what things where like before my time.

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Well there you go then, why would you want the forum to shut then? 

Tbf i enjoy some of the older threads, more history of paisley or saints in photographs though, cool to see what things where like before my time.

If you read his post there's a strong hint he's aiming/trolling someone on the forum. :rolleyes:

It's what he does. 

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Moderators would need to be anonymous.

I know from personal experience that some people just handle having their posts edited or deleted or receiving warnings without resorting to online or face-t-face threats of violence.

Indeed, been suggested many times.

No need for anyone to know who Mod 1, Mod 2, Mod 3 etc are and these numbers could be rotated to further give some anonymity.

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Moderators would need to be anonymous.

I know from personal experience that some people just handle having their posts edited or deleted or receiving warnings without resorting to online or face-t-face threats of violence.

Crazy to think people can get so wound up like that 😂 imagine squaring up to someone in the street or pub just because they got a telling off on a forum😂😂

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I have to disagree Ricky, in the before time (pre-lockdown) I would generally just logon to check the speculation thread or comment on a match thread and the likes, however having more spare time recently I have read more threads and probably spent far to much time  in general nonsense. During this time I have got to know the styles and character of the posters. Generally speaking we could all do with being a little kinder to each other, however I perceive it a bit like being in your car and driving in heavy traffic, your cocooned in a bubble that think is impermeable, there for you can rant and rave at others with little if any comeback. 
I don’t agree with everything that gets said on here, but I do find it interesting ( special mention to shull and his stmirren history and pictures of Paisley) I don’t use social media other than what’s app so it’s difficult for me to compare it with anything else. Maybe we could run a poll to gather users thoughts on the subject and maybe someone could create a graph to highlight the results ( sorry Oaky, couldn’t resist 😂

Edited by ALBIONSAINT
Spelling errors