Black Lives Matter

shull

Not sure how I feel about Black Pound Day.

I can't see how this does anything to solve racism.

However, it's a good thing to see events which encourage women or minority groups to go for self employment, where they would traditionally not consider themselves good enough to do it.

I saw one woman on the BBC today saying she wanted support groups and meetings to provide education about finance etc. We already have that through Business Gateway. But she wanted them to be aimed at black people. Not exactly sure why that is important or what that even means anyway. I feel the same way about women only networking events or courses. How does it help them to only build networks within groups of people who are like them?

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Where do you find this stuff? 

Ok, I surrender.

I shall reveal ........

You Tube

Where do you find this stuff? 

Ricky, are you referring to Shull’s posts?
There are other outlets on social media that give a different slant from the MSM narrative.
I first sat up and took note when I was living in Russia of how biased the MSM actually was. For example. Sky News, BBC etc would give their version of facts, RT, WION news would give a totally different view of the so called facts. Since then I’ve always looked at both sides of the story and somewhere in between you’d probably find the truth.
On the BLM movement (the organisation) there are plenty of black voices opposing it.
On YouTube for example, check out Jericho Greene or Officer Tatum. Check their videos and you (not you in general) may (or may not) form a different opinion.

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

Ricky, are you referring to Shull’s posts?
There are other outlets on social media that give a different slant from the MSM narrative.
I first sat up and took note when I was living in Russia of how biased the MSM actually was. For example. Sky News, BBC etc would give their version of facts, RT, WION news would give a totally different view of the so called facts. Since then I’ve always looked at both sides of the story and somewhere in between you’d probably find the truth.
On the BLM movement (the organisation) there are plenty of black voices opposing it.
On YouTube for example, check out Jericho Greene or Officer Tatum. Check their videos and you (not you in general) may (or may not) form a different opinion.

I get what you are saying. I travelled widely for 20 years and enjoyed watching coverage of events given from different angles on TV and in the local press. Brought back copies of "local" English language newspapers to let my wife also see alternative approaches to the same stories. Many and varied. 

My favourite channels to watch were RT, Al J and Fox News alongside local channels and BBC world news. The comparisons were always interesting. 

Back to Shull. I think seek and ye shall find applies.