Black Lives Matter

shull

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

Because the whole coronavirus thing seems to have, bizarrely, been conducted along political lines, with those on the left seeming to favour more restrictions and those on the right opposing this.

It seems that I'm the only old leftie who thinks most government's in the world have taken leave of their senses.

No. comrade.

You are not alone.  :)

On 9/17/2020 at 6:51 PM, Hendo said:

Because the whole coronavirus thing seems to have, bizarrely, been conducted along political lines, with those on the left seeming to favour more restrictions and those on the right opposing this.

It seems that I'm the only old leftie who thinks most government's in the world have taken leave of their senses.

The right wing over the last 40 years has been focussed on reducing the role of government in ReaLife especially the aspects of it that reduce social inequality, their attitudes during the pandemic are merely another aspect of their Dadaist brand of Libertarianism. Meanwhile many of these "small government" advocates are amongst the biggest beneficiaries of state handouts through cronyism, tax avoidance, etc.

1 hour ago, Fricky-Troll said:

BLM -

Soccer Saturday - ripped apart

Question of Sport - ripped apart

People falling over themselves making changes saying it’s nothing to do with BLM ?

Aye, ok.

Never bend the knee

I don't know the other one, but QoS is riddled with dinosaurs.

Naturally it needs refreshed!

Shulls latest reincarnation (DF Riley) purged again [emoji23]

IMO, unless someone is making threats to another forum member or constantly using foul or abusive language, then I don’t see why Shull, Shetland, Faraway or anyone else should be put in the sin bin or binned completely if all they are doing is disagreeing with others opinions.
I’ve disagreed with a few chaps on here on many topics, but not for a minute would I want them silenced.

8 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

IMO, unless someone is making threats to another forum member or constantly using foul or abusive language, then I don’t see why Shull, Shetland, Faraway or anyone else should be put in the sin bin or binned completely if all they are doing is disagreeing with others opinions.
I’ve disagreed with a few chaps on here on many topics, but not for a minute would I want them silenced.

I don’t really know what the rules are for the forum around sinbin etc, with regards to Shull it may be about the multiple aliases he uses and the constant stream of YouTube and bittube stuff he uploads. There is never much debating or discussion just videos!! 

I don’t really know what the rules are for the forum around sinbin etc, with regards to Shull it may be about the multiple aliases he uses and the constant stream of YouTube and bittube stuff he uploads. There is never much debating or discussion just videos!! 

Agreed. However, some of his videos are relevant in the discussion IMO with regards to BLM. A few of the videos he’s posted were of black folk condemning the riots, the whole systemic racism thing, as these black folks in the videos are giving a different slant on the narrative being pushed via various MSM outlets. Whether individuals want to watch is up to them. Personally, I always try to look at both sides of the debate and I’ll form my own opinions, and I’m not saying that you or others don’t do likewise. I’m just talking about myself.

12 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Agreed. However, some of his videos are relevant in the discussion IMO with regards to BLM. A few of the videos he’s posted were of black folk condemning the riots, the whole systemic racism thing, as these black folks in the videos are giving a different slant on the narrative being pushed via various MSM outlets. Whether individuals want to watch is up to them. Personally, I always try to look at both sides of the debate and I’ll form my own opinions, and I’m not saying that you or others don’t do likewise. I’m just talking about myself.

I think there's two points to consider.

Firstly, constantly spamming the forum with alt-right wing videos under several aliases is not "debating" or "presenting both sides" of an argument. It's blatant trolling for responses by a guy who seems to have nothing better to do with his time.

Secondly, deliberately annoying and pissing off people so that they stop coming back to the forum seems a decent reason for restricting their posting.

I don't like the sinbin either but if certain people want to behave like total arseholes all the time without a break, what else would you suggest?

I think there's two points to consider.
Firstly, constantly spamming the forum with alt-right wing videos under several aliases is not "debating" or "presenting both sides" of an argument. It's blatant trolling for responses by a guy who seems to have nothing better to do with his time.
Secondly, deliberately annoying and pissing off people so that they stop coming back to the forum seems a decent reason for restricting their posting.
I don't like the sinbin either but if certain people want to behave like total arseholes all the time without a break, what else would you suggest?

I don’t know what the answer is to be honest.

You mention the “alt right”, what is your understanding of that term?

there are certain political commentators that I agree with WRT COVID, BLM, independence etc that some deem on here class as alt right. What does that make me?

There are the likes of George Galloway with his oratory skills and IMO knowledge on a great many issues. I agree with a lot of his points of view, but have a completely opposite view on others, I’d say he’s mainly on the left.

I’m all for immigration, but legally. I don’t support the people trafficking situation we see daily from across the channel.

I don’t support the BLM movement but the actual term is completely different..... all lives matter IMO, black, white, brown........ doesn’t matter to me. I don’t need to made to feel guilty of events that happened hundreds of years ago that I had nothing to do with.

COVID. For me the numbers just don’t add up.
We no longer hear about the breakdown of COVID deaths, as in age, underlying conditions etc....... we’re just given a figure.

Independence. I was a yes voter last time around, but under this current government....... I’m not convinced.

Political correctness. We’re at a stage where people can’t say what they think/believe without hurting someone’s feelings........ how many genders do we have now........ a lot more than the Saints have points.
Grooming gangs, a certain individual has been raising awareness (whether you like him or not) for years but has been hounded by the media for it. Now the media are paying attention to this on a regular basis.
The facts don’t care about feelings.

So if my views make me a racist “alt right” then so be it. My understanding of that term is along the lines of far right white supremacy, anti Jewish, anti feminist and anti everything that’s not white...... I of which am neither.

52 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I don’t know what the answer is to be honest.

You mention the “alt right”, what is your understanding of that term?

there are certain political commentators that I agree with WRT COVID, BLM, independence etc that some deem on here class as alt right. What does that make me?

There are the likes of George Galloway with his oratory skills and IMO knowledge on a great many issues. I agree with a lot of his points of view, but have a completely opposite view on others, I’d say he’s mainly on the left.

I’m all for immigration, but legally. I don’t support the people trafficking situation we see daily from across the channel.

I don’t support the BLM movement but the actual term is completely different..... all lives matter IMO, black, white, brown........ doesn’t matter to me. I don’t need to made to feel guilty of events that happened hundreds of years ago that I had nothing to do with.

COVID. For me the numbers just don’t add up.
We no longer hear about the breakdown of COVID deaths, as in age, underlying conditions etc....... we’re just given a figure.

Independence. I was a yes voter last time around, but under this current government....... I’m not convinced.

Political correctness. We’re at a stage where people can’t say what they think/believe without hurting someone’s feelings........ how many genders do we have now........ a lot more than the Saints have points.
Grooming gangs, a certain individual has been raising awareness (whether you like him or not) for years but has been hounded by the media for it. Now the media are paying attention to this on a regular basis.
The facts don’t care about feelings.

So if my views make me a racist “alt right” then so be it. My understanding of that term is along the lines of far right white supremacy, anti Jewish, anti feminist and anti everything that’s not white...... I of which am neither.

You seem to be either looking to make this personal or asking for validation that your views are acceptable. It's not the first time you've posted in that vein. You shouldn't do that. Your views are your views and I couldn't care less about them other than how you debate with people. You'll soon know if people on here think you are being a dick. They'll either attack you or completely ignore you. :D

You seem to be either looking to make this personal or asking for validation that your views are acceptable. It's not the first time you've posted in that vein. You shouldn't do that. Your views are your views and I couldn't care less about them other than how you debate with people. You'll soon know if people on here think you are being a dick. They'll either attack you or completely ignore you. [emoji3]

In no way was I having a personal pop at you.
My point was the reference to “alt right” comment.
To me it’s a term (along with “racist and “nazi”) that are being flung around like confetti.

What have I said that’s contentious?
If people “attack” my views, that says more about them than me does it not? If someone wants to engage in dialogue/debate on my views then I’m all for it.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Amen to Les Ferdinand and QPR

Great statement “To be blunt, anyone who thinks our players condone racism because they didn’t take a knee really doesn’t get it. Anyone who responds to Black Lives Matter by saying all lives matter really doesn’t get it. Anyone who thinks just taking a knee is sufficient in fighting social injustice really doesn’t get it.Actions speak louder than words. People need to DO something more than simple gestures.

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Great statement “To be blunt, anyone who thinks our players condone racism because they didn’t take a knee really doesn’t get it. Anyone who responds to Black Lives Matter by saying all lives matter really doesn’t get it. Anyone who thinks just taking a knee is sufficient in fighting social injustice really doesn’t get it.Actions speak louder than words. People need to DO something more than simple gestures.

It's all very well asking for deeds rather than gestures but what exactly is it that he wants us all to do and exactly who does he want to do it?

On 9/19/2020 at 10:37 AM, Bud the Baker said:

The right wing over the last 40 years has been focussed on reducing the role of government in ReaLife especially the aspects of it that reduce social inequality, their attitudes during the pandemic are merely another aspect of their Dadaist brand of Libertarianism. Meanwhile many of these "small government" advocates are amongst the biggest beneficiaries of state handouts through cronyism, tax avoidance, etc.

I would suggest that's not quite correct. It has reduced the role of the state in directly supporting citizens. But it has not reduced the role of the government in decision making and controlling social and economic behavior.  For example, quantitative easing is basically subsidizing the rich to the tune of billions. 

Just read your full post yes I think we're agreeing after all.🤣

Edited by insaintee