Virtual Season Tickets

Seen this on the sky sports statement am I reading this wrong or are they expecting fans to buy a season ticket for closed doors games, so that they’re eligible for a virtual season ticket, surely not 😂 ripping the hole right out fans if that’s correct 

1E74253A-AAB6-4F93-B780-311C18607FF6.jpeg

if anything fans who have already forked out for season tickets should be getting this service free of charge.

Edited by mattman

I think this is  journalists jumping the gun a little as the discussions are still ongoing . Sky have the rights to 48 matches and all other can be streamed by clubs.   The clubs are still discussing  the platform for how season tickets will work in conjunction with existing season tickets and how fans can pay for individual matches and away matches.

It shouldn't be too much IT work to get Season Ticket holders set up with credentials valid for all games.

The model used for overseas buds to buy individual matches on  ppv over the last few years should achievable by simply removing the IP check which blocks UK purchases - that will take care of everyone else.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

A great idea until being able to go along to a live game. No substitute for being there tho?! 

It's absolutely shite being there. 

Total waste of a couple of hours. 

And a complete rip off. 

Rather be working and listening to open aw mics or Smooth Radio depending what mood I am in. 

Saturday afternoon at Unit23 is magical. 

4 minutes ago, shull said:

It's absolutely shite being there. 

Total waste of a couple of hours. 

And a complete rip off. 

Rather be working and listening to open aw mics or Smooth Radio depending what mood I am in. 

Saturday afternoon at Unit23 is magical. 

I know your feelings Mr S. 

I don't share them. 

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Seen this on the sky sports statement am I reading this wrong or are they expecting fans to buy a season ticket for closed doors games, so that they’re eligible for a virtual season ticket, surely not 😂 ripping the hole right out fans if that’s correct 

1E74253A-AAB6-4F93-B780-311C18607FF6.jpeg

if anything fans who have already forked out for season tickets should be getting this service free of charge.

I reckon people that have bought Season tickets will get this as part of the package already paid for - I would expect uproar if anything else was tried!

ST holders would probably have to pay for home Cup games as in normal times - and that would probably be PPV as per Non ST holders for all games.

It would be nice if Cup games were included as a one off (due to the lesser non-live product on offer) - but that may not be possible due to how match day income is distributed. 

Edited by southsidebud

6 minutes ago, GMan said:

Season ticket holders have paid for a seat in the ground. They should have to pay to watch the livestream like everyone else. :)

Perhaps ST holders should be allowed in the ground to sit on that sit where they could watch the live stream from!

Season ticket holders are awesome.

8 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Perhaps ST holders should be allowed in the ground to sit on that sit where they could watch the live stream from!

Season ticket holders are awesome.

I like your thinking. 

Plenty of room for us to socially distance. 

Thanks go to Shull, F Man and their ilk for making this feasible by staying away. 

Hope all you Season Ticket Holders pay for the Season Ticket for the Stadium Car Park. 

That will entitle you all to park your vehicles outside your houses while your inside watching the Game on yir fecking telly. 

Ha ha ha ha ha halfwits 

Even watching in the house dinnae forget to pay the Club for Matchday Hospitality. They need your funds. 

Then half an hour before kick off, you can nip out to Greggs for a few pies and cakes. 

Be just like the real thing.

Club wins

You win. 

Unfortunately, the team are shite and will lose as usual. 

Ha ha ha ha halfwits 

Edited by shull

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I know your feelings Mr S. 

I don't share them. 

It doesn't stop him sharing them multiple times I'm afraid Ricky, then he goes tonto at other people doing the same. "He is easily the worst poster the Forum has ever had."

Edited by bazil85

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It doesn't stop him sharing them multiple times I'm afraid Ricky, then he goes tonto at other people doing the same. "He is easily the worst poster the Forum has ever had."

While Shull has gone off the rails in the last few years he has about 30,000 likes from 46,000 posts.

Whither you like it or not that's some recognition people agree/like/are amused by his posts.

You on the other hand......................:lol:

18 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Hope season ticket holders will be getting access for free. Dont think we should be paying twice. Think we need to hear from the club ASAP.

My reading of it is that we'll get it for free but that doesn't help the fans who don't usually buy a season ticket.

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

My reading of it is that we'll get it for free but that doesn't help the fans who don't usually buy a season ticket.

I reckon the club will just remove the IP check on the PPV option for overseas fans - so non ST fans would be able to pick their games as normal.

1 minute ago, southsidebud said:

I reckon the club will just remove the IP check on the PPV option for overseas fans - so non ST fans would be able to pick their games as normal.

That would be the common sense thing to do and it would only be for half a season hopefully.

Motherwell's idea is a good one. Anyone who has bought a season ticket already will have access to the next 19 home league games when crowds are allowed in again, regardless of time scale on these matches. 

Essentially, if crowds are allowed back in at the end of the year, their season ticket could run from say January 2021 to January 2022 and next summer, existing ST holders would top up for the 2nd half of 21/22 season if they wish to. 

That's a sensible approach. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Motherwell's idea is a good one. Anyone who has bought a season ticket already will have access to the next 19 home league games when crowds are allowed in again, regardless of time scale on these matches. 

Essentially, if crowds are allowed back in at the end of the year, their season ticket could run from say January 2021 to January 2022 and next summer, existing ST holders would top up for the 2nd half of 21/22 season if they wish to. 

That's a sensible approach. 

So that'll mean an additional charge for these televised games?