Virtual Season Tickets

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Not sure. I mean, technically, they'd be within their rights to do so as they wouldn't be charging season ticket holders for games they can't attend. 

If they are giving you a seasons worth of games to attend then there will, IMO, be no other option but to charge for TV games as they're additional. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

If they are giving you a seasons worth of games to attend then there will, IMO, be no other option but to charge for TV games as they're additional. 

Yeah. I mean I think it's sensible. Folk will generally be happier paying £300 knowing that they'll get a seasons worth of games to attend down the line and pay a fiver, tenner whatever on a game by game basis to stream, rather than £300 to stream potentially 9 or 10 games and attend 9 or 10.

I'd like us to do something similar. If nothing else, it would probably boost the sales on a wee bit. Clubs who do this would just need to cut their cloth with reduced ST money next preseason as theyll all be selling half season tickets. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah. I mean I think it's sensible. Folk will generally be happier paying £300 knowing that they'll get a seasons worth of games to attend down the line and pay a fiver, tenner whatever on a game by game basis to stream, rather than £300 to stream potentially 9 or 10 games and attend 9 or 10.

I'd like us to do something similar. If nothing else, it would probably boost the sales on a wee bit. Clubs who do this would just need to cut their cloth with reduced ST money next preseason as theyll all be selling half season tickets. 

I agree it's sensible idea.

I only hope that if people are paying that it's not the usual commentators that are on St Mirren TV.

You'd see some meltdowns then. :lol:

Just now, munoz said:

Hopefully there will be a package that includes away games also. 

Think this is something that will be negotiated with SPFL clubs. Again, it's something that's hard to police as illegal streaming is so widespread. If they close up shop to home fans and season ticket holders watching only, it will make the situation even worse. It has to available to everyone and there has to be an option of a match by match basis. 

I'd be happy enough chucking a few quid into other clubs coffers every other week to watch us. I'm sure many away fans would also be doing the same for ourselves. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

While Shull has gone off the rails in the last few years he has about 30,000 likes from 46,000 posts.

Whither you like it or not that's some recognition people agree/like/are amused by his posts.

You on the other hand......................:lol:

I've mentioned before how humorous it is that you think the number of likes you and others get is important. You'll also surely agree that parameter in isolation doesn't tell us an awful lot apart from how desperate for validation someone using it is? Certainly isn't a full picture. 

Regardless, my comment was a joke based on what Shull posted about me the other day. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Think this is something that will be negotiated with SPFL clubs. Again, it's something that's hard to police as illegal streaming is so widespread. If they close up shop to home fans and season ticket holders watching only, it will make the situation even worse. It has to available to everyone and there has to be an option of a match by match basis. 

I'd be happy enough chucking a few quid into other clubs coffers every other week to watch us. I'm sure many away fans would also be doing the same for ourselves. 

If your paying 6 or 7 £ instead of 20+ I could see quite a few doing as you ,me I would pay it .When you see that we can at times take 800 or 900 + who pay travel costs plus entrance which when you include a few beers and food that's easily 50 or 60 £. And we could sell the OF the four stands if they want🤑

9 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

If your paying 6 or 7 £ instead of 20+ I could see quite a few doing as you ,me I would pay it .When you see that we can at times take 800 or 900 + who pay travel costs plus entrance which when you include a few beers and food that's easily 50 or 60 £. And we could sell the OF the four stands if they want🤑

That could be a real money spinner....................as many as they want paying to view. :thumbs2

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That could be a real money spinner....................as many as they want paying to view. :thumbs2

It won't be. We'll likely be blocked out from streaming home games vs the OF as they'll be shown on Sky given their intent on showing all Celtic and Rangers away games, so all clubs will be blocked off on that front. 

25 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I reckon that's a good shout - I know that I will consider paying up to a tenner for quite a few of the away games - and we don't usually travel.

There will be a lot of football starved fans (like me) who may pay to watch quite a few more games than they would normally travel to in the current climate. If the clubs get the pricing right - they may get a pleasant surprise - even if the OF home games are block booked by Sky 

17 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

I reckon that's a good shout - I know that I will consider paying up to a tenner for quite a few of the away games - and we don't usually travel.

There will be a lot of football starved fans (like me) who may pay to watch quite a few more games than they would normally travel to in the current climate. If the clubs get the pricing right - they may get a pleasant surprise - even if the OF home games are block booked by Sky 

They could introduce an away virtual season ticket, with all the profits going into one big pot to be evenly distributed amongst all clubs. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

While Shull has gone off the rails in the last few years he has about 30,000 likes from 46,000 posts.

Whither you like it or not that's some recognition people agree/like/are amused by his posts.

You on the other hand......................:lol:

Aye but how many of those likes have come from his own aliases?

I agree that a while back Shull was a decent poster on here, but for the last couple of years he has been a boring, irritating c**t. I don’t have anyone on ignore but if you could somehow guarantee that by putting Shull on ignore, it would automatically ignore all of his aliases as well, I’d do it. In the meantime I’ll just “skim” (copyright Shull) all his posts and all the posters I believe are his aliases. 

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but how many of those likes have come from his own aliases?

I agree that a while back Shull was a decent poster on here, but for the last couple of years he has been a boring, irritating c**t. I don’t have anyone on ignore but if you could somehow guarantee that by putting Shull on ignore, it would automatically ignore all of his aliases as well, I’d do it. In the meantime I’ll just “skim” (copyright Shull) all his posts and all the posters I believe are his aliases. 

I know most of his aliases and none/not many.

Remember he posts lots of St Mirren related stuff, not my bag, but it appeals to many.

Aye, he;s gone to feck but it shouldn't be forgotten he's been a strong forum member for the majority of his time on here.

I've, mainly, got him on ignore due to this repetitive shite about prices/sectarianism and his utter fascination with weird You Tube clips.

As of his supposed aliases, decent moderation would soon eradicate that.

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As someone living a plane flight away from games I would gladly pay the full price of a season ticket to be able to watch all games on telly as long as it was normal Sky/BT quality pictures. If it was SMTV quality, no chance. 

I think that would frighted some of the supporters. :lol:

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I pknow most of his aliases and none/not many

Eh? Are you serious?

How many likes has he had over that time from the likes. Shetland, Krankies the Rapist, etc etc.

in fact I’d say that bar some of his posts o threads like the St. Mirren Pics and Vids thread, I’d be surprised if he had any likes from anyone other than his own aliases. 
Anyway, by the very fact we are having the discussion we are giving him what he wants, so I shall desist forthwith. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Eh? Are you serious?

How many likes has he had over that time from the likes. Shetland, Krankies the Rapist, etc etc.

in fact I’d say that bar some of his posts o threads like the St. Mirren Pics and Vids thread, I’d be surprised if he had any likes from anyone other than his own aliases. 
Anyway, by the very fact we are having the discussion we are giving him what he wants, so I shall desist forthwith. 

Aye, there's been plenty who spout something about a taxi and people think it's his aliases, it;s become a well known tactic recently. .

If you have proof he's "liked" himself to any significant amount of 30,000 likes then good for you, although I doubt you have.

Over many years he's been appreciated, aye, not so much now, but that shouldn't detract from the majority of his time on here.

Could Sky not create some sort of app like they do with Netflix or Disney+. with their Box. create an account, log on, select your team . input your season ticket number etc. Your then set up to view any Saints games that are available. If you don't have a season ticket, again create your account and then pay to watch the match. £10.00 per game> Or does this sound to simple.

I've not purchased a season ticket yet, I want to but waiting to see if and when we can attend again. More than happy to purchase a virtual ticket

Find it strange that they are planning to cap the amount of viewers and base it on season tickets, should be pay per view, I know loads of folk who patg instead of season tickets who will now miss out, also could lead to groups gathering to watch games since they can’t get access, there’s a good chance of decent revenue from this, yet once again the league makes an arse of it, surely there must be some reasoning for this, why restrict income? Blows my mind 😂

Edited by mattman

24 minutes ago, mattman said:

Find it strange that they are planning to cap the amount of viewers and base it on season tickets, should be pay per view, I know loads of folk who patg instead of season tickets who will now miss out, also could lead to groups gathering to watch games since they can’t get access, there’s a good chance of decent revenue from this, yet once again the league makes an arse of it, surely there must be some reasoning for this, why restrict income? Blows my mind 😂

I wonder if they are worried that people will not return to live matches once this is all over.