Virtual Season Tickets

28 minutes ago, mattman said:

Find it strange that they are planning to cap the amount of viewers and base it on season tickets, should be pay per view, I know loads of folk who patg instead of season tickets who will now miss out, also could lead to groups gathering to watch games since they can’t get access, there’s a good chance of decent revenue from this, yet once again the league makes an arse of it, surely there must be some reasoning for this, why restrict income? Blows my mind 😂

Mattman. 

Where did you see this Mattman

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder if they are worried that people will not return to live matches once this is all over.

Couldn't see that happening - once safe, I imagine most people will be desperate for a return to going to games. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Mattman. 

Where did you see this Mattman

It’s been widely reported.

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I wonder if they are worried that people will not return to live matches once this is all over.

but the matches would be no longer available to stream once it is safe to attend games id imagine? So the only way they’d get to see the game live is to attend, obviously vpn is an option but there’s ways for that to be blocked too.

Edited by mattman

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Couldn't see that happening - once safe, I imagine most people will be desperate for a return to going to games. 

Watching on TV is like paddling in the sea in Wellington boots. Doesn't feel like the real thing at all. Imo

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Watching on TV is like paddling in the sea in Wellington boots. Doesn't feel like the real thing at all. Imo

Nobody, except you, is debating the pro's and con's of live football, this is a case where there is no choice.

If you'd stop your boring view, people could concentrate on the matter in hand.  

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, there's been plenty who spout something about a taxi and people think it's his aliases, it;s become a well known tactic recently. .

If you have proof he's "liked" himself to any significant amount of 30,000 likes then good for you, although I doubt you have.

Over many years he's been appreciated, aye, not so much now, but that shouldn't detract from the majority of his time on here.

Proof? Nah obviously not. Just pure supposition. Nothing more. But I’m pretty confident. 

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

Could Sky not create some sort of app like they do with Netflix or Disney+. with their Box. create an account, log on, select your team . input your season ticket number etc. Your then set up to view any Saints games that are available. If you don't have a season ticket, again create your account and then pay to watch the match. £10.00 per game> Or does this sound to simple.

I've not purchased a season ticket yet, I want to but waiting to see if and when we can attend again. More than happy to purchase a virtual ticket

Nah, this would be putting money into Sky's coffers, not directly into the clubs.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I know most of his aliases and none/not many.

Remember he posts lots of St Mirren related stuff, not my bag, but it appeals to many.

Aye, he;s gone to feck but it shouldn't be forgotten he's been a strong forum member for the majority of his time on here.

I've, mainly, got him on ignore due to this repetitive shite about prices/sectarianism and his utter fascination with weird You Tube clips.

As of his supposed aliases, decent moderation would soon eradicate that.

In all fairness I think it was the price of the pies that pushed him over the edge 

shocked homer simpson GIF

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

It's not the same at all, I'll grant you that.

When lockdown ends it'll be interesting to see if people who gave up attending years ago, give live football another chance.

It has been mentioned by a couple of people, that some of us overseas fans support the club by paying to watch the live home games on SMTV.

Will this service still be available or be replaced by the SKY deal? We are in effect paying for a "virtual" Season Ticket annually.

What happens when games with fans start again?

I do not want to start a debate about camera work etc.  Although the University footage is not perfect, it far better than nothing. 

Edited by bonzoboys
typos

2 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

It has been mentioned by a couple of people, that some of us overseas fans support the club by paying to watch the live home games on SMTV.

Will this service still be available or be replaced by the SKY deal? We are in effect paying for a "virtual" Season Ticket annually.

What happens when games with fans start again?

I do not want to start a debate about camera work etc.  Although the University footage is not perfect, it far better than nothing. 

I'd hate to think that you would be unable to watch the games. Surely not. 

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Are you sure you're not Swiss? It's just that, like their cheese, your story is full of holes.

And any brain that me might have is mince. We are talking about the poison dwarf from Arbroath after all.  (he likes that) 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Eh? Are you serious?

How many likes has he had over that time from the likes. Shetland, Krankies the Rapist, etc etc.

in fact I’d say that bar some of his posts o threads like the St. Mirren Pics and Vids thread, I’d be surprised if he had any likes from anyone other than his own aliases. 
Anyway, by the very fact we are having the discussion we are giving him what he wants, so I shall desist forthwith. 

Jessie above with his head totally screwed with jealousy , envy and absolute hatred.  :lol:

" LIKES " are boring.

I preferred the Forum when the red dots could be dished out.

I was peeved when Div stopped them.

At the time I would go on a crusade to get as many red yins as possible and I was the leading cnut.

It was great annoying folk with my shit posts and them slapping me with a big red fecking dot.

red.jpg.853348903ba808dcdab968883a30f014.jpg:double

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Jessie above with his head totally screwed with jealousy , envy and absolute hatred.  :lol:

" LIKES " are boring.

I preferred the Forum when the red dots could be dished out.

I was peeved when Div stopped them.

At the time I would go on a crusade to get as many red yins as possible and I was the leading cnut.

It was great annoying folk with my shit posts and them slapping me with a big red fecking dot.

red.jpg.853348903ba808dcdab968883a30f014.jpg:double

It is quite entertaining, I have to admit, to watching two grown men (well, one is height challenged) making absolute tubes of themselves in a mad rush to be noticed. Sad.. But entertaining. And the barbed comments.. Wonderfully inarticulate ramblings that are clearly funny or smart in their minds. A joy to read. To be pitied.