Virtual Season Tickets

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Indeed.

Even if attending the game but maintaining social distancing is an option... It is problematic for me...

Two of us travel from EK in the car together... From separate households.

We often give a lift to two other Buddies... From another two different households.

4 people from one household sharing a car to get to a stadium then socially distance... only to share a car journey home? Really?

It is simply not an option at present.

1 on the roof rack, 1 in the boot, and 1 with roller skates tied to the back bumper, all sorted  :lol:

On 6/3/2020 at 1:44 PM, munoz said:

Good news for all the armchair fans (everyone now) next season. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52903945

Starting to look forward to this. 

Nowhere near as good as being there 

But.. Will use Teams to connect with others when watching at home to create the feeling of being in a crowd. 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:06 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

Any streamed game is available via the likes of Bet365, dont even need to have a bet to watch the stream just have an account in funds (£1 does it)

Actually 0.01 does it - (I always leave 1p in my account so it is "funded."

Bet365 etc don't show UK games other than FA cup.

There is also talk of an away season ticket being made available - I'd be interested in that as well. I also think we will be allowed to buy individual games - sky may insist on a cut but even so it would likely be a good earner for clubs.

I genuinely believe that there will be a lot of interest (and therefore revenue) in this. We will all be live entertainment starved by the time the season kicks off. If they price it reasonably they may make a decent amount to partially offset other match day losses

There is also talk of an away season ticket being made available - I'd be interested in that as well. I also think we will be allowed to buy individual games - sky may insist on a cut but even so it would likely be a good earner for clubs.

I genuinely believe that there will be a lot of interest (and therefore revenue) in this. We will all be live entertainment starved by the time the season kicks off. If they price it reasonably they may make a decent amount to partially offset other match day losses
All fine and well so long as it stops the day crowds are allowed back or it would be a serious financial threat to clubs.

With the Government now under pressure to reduce social distancing to 1 metre I could see a return to fans attending games pretty soon. Relatively straightforward at Paisley. No Away fans. Use all 4 stands for Home support with seating appropriately marked. Face masks compulsory. No catering. Toilets marked out at 1 metre intervals with stewards controlling queues of one out and one in (just don't go to the pub before the game). Don't use the turnstiles but the wide exit doors - your season ticket is checked on entry. Turn up early to wait in a queue to get in and don't wait on the last train before 3 to St James.

No public sale of tickets - ST holder only until restrictions lift. I know no public sale is harsh on those that do not have a ST but a ST is the only way to control the numbers and allocate seating. Not ideal and maybe not suitable for some stadiums but with 1 metre distancing we should be able to get around 3k home fans for a game.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

With the Government now under pressure to reduce social distancing to 1 metre I could see a return to fans attending games pretty soon. Relatively straightforward at Paisley. No Away fans. Use all 4 stands for Home support with seating appropriately marked. Face masks compulsory. No catering. Toilets marked out at 1 metre intervals with stewards controlling queues of one out and one in (just don't go to the pub before the game). Don't use the turnstiles but the wide exit doors - your season ticket is checked on entry. Turn up early to wait in a queue to get in and don't wait on the last train before 3 to St James.

No public sale of tickets - ST holder only until restrictions lift. I know no public sale is harsh on those that do not have a ST but a ST is the only way to control the numbers and allocate seating. Not ideal and maybe not suitable for some stadiums but with 1 metre distancing we should be able to get around 3k home fans for a game.

I like it. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

UK Government whose rules only apply in England  Pressure is from Tory MPs and business who want to get people back to work and making profits for their bosses irrespective of the additional risk to human lives (Remember herd immunity, the aborted rush to get kids back to school despite medical advice and the delayed lock down which scientists say cost 25,000 extra lives?)Wee Nicola has been a bit more cautious throughout so I wouldn't get your hopes up

8 minutes ago, Sonny said:

With the limited number of ST holders the ground would still have space to allow supporters to pay with the 1m distance in place.

Easily managed as plenty of business's are doing that right now.

No need to over complicate matters. 

On 6/5/2020 at 5:05 PM, stlucifer said:

It is perhaps not practical for you but the rules are simple. You DON'T share the car. It means your options are to either travel separately, be that by private or public transport. I can see, in the near future, the distance being substituted by the mask for purely corporate reasons.

re the bit in bold

I suspect that this will only happen in casual and informal settings such as shops and open-air venues initially.  when you look at a Football Stadium it s also a place of work, so masks will be seen as a last line of defence or as supplementary protection, with the numbers involved I don't think we will go down to 1m there. , the best current way to decide if  a stadium is an open-air venue is to apply the guidelines that came with the Smoking regulations a few years ago which stated that smoking could only take place in places that were less than 50% enclosed and a football stand largely falls outwith that criteria as it is enclosed on 5 out of 6 sides (roof, floor, side walls, rear wall and facing the pitch). 

When it comes to most workplaces Corporations and smaller employers will still have the duty of care to provide safe places of work in the context of known risk and protective measures that are devised by risk assessments.  the HSE is forming some kind of task-force to monitor workplaces COVID response, starting with construction.  Football stadia come under the remit of local authority EHOs who will be as concerned with arrangements for employees as it will for customers and they interpret things in their own way.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

the turnstile gates are unmanned already so why do away with them when they will be useful in controlling the flow of people?  Even as a stadium fills, the emergency exits will still be needed as a means of escape and can't be repurposed very easily without re-doing the entire fire risk assessment and revisiting the terms of license.