Virtual Season Tickets

UK Government whose rules only apply in England  Pressure is from Tory MPs and business who want to get people back to work and making profits for their bosses irrespective of the additional risk to human lives (Remember herd immunity, the aborted rush to get kids back to school despite medical advice and the delayed lock down which scientists say cost 25,000 extra lives?)Wee Nicola has been a bit more cautious throughout so I wouldn't get your hopes up

Scottish Government just confirmed it isn't relaxing 2 m rule and given the argument won't any time soon

2 minutes ago, Danny said:
2 hours ago, Danny said:
UK Government whose rules only apply in England  Pressure is from Tory MPs and business who want to get people back to work and making profits for their bosses irrespective of the additional risk to human lives (Remember herd immunity, the aborted rush to get kids back to school despite medical advice and the delayed lock down which scientists say cost 25,000 extra lives?)Wee Nicola has been a bit more cautious throughout so I wouldn't get your hopes up

Scottish Government just confirmed it isn't relaxing 2 m rule and given the argument won't any time soon

Next review date is next Thursday 18 June. FM indicated that any change in distancing would likely just now to be accompanied by tighter time and or face mask wearing 

Next review date is next Thursday 18 June. FM indicated that any change in distancing would likely just now to be accompanied by tighter time and or face mask wearing 
She pretty much ruled it out full stop. If it happens in England it will follow here. Very difficult for cross border companies if we don't.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

She pretty much ruled it out full stop. If it happens in England it will follow here. Very difficult for cross border companies if we don't.

There is truth in both statements. Not now was the first part. The second introduced the idea of conditionality. Subject of course to the balance of risk. 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:22 PM, Yflab said:

I’ve tried to watch the Bundesliga ghost games but I switched off after 10 minutes as it’s just like a training game with absolutely no atmosphere.

I think Saints games will have a similar feel.

One possible way to overcome that is to have a mass Zoom call in the background with rabid Saints fans hurling abuse at the officials and the away team.

Yeah!  Beam the Zoom page to the Scoreboard, project it onto all stands and have the sound linked to the - now excellent - PA System... sorted.

52 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

There is truth in both statements. Not now was the first part. The second introduced the idea of conditionality. Subject of course to the balance of risk. 

She didn't suggest she'd review it next week specifically just that there is another general review of all measures due next week

She said it is always under review but that doesn't signal change

She outlined all the interacting factors which inform the decision She also said there is trade off between distance and the time you can spend together as well as the possible impact of face coverings She and her medical officer took great pains to emphasise the huge increase in risk of moving to 1m, clearly dampening down any expectation of  a relaxation soon

Under medical advice 1m will reduce the time people should spend together from the current scientific advice of 15 minutes for 2m

So you won't get 2 hours in a fitba stadium even if she doesn't relax the 2m to 1m

I read it as her outlining why she will likely keep with 2m for the foreseeable future as any advantage for business or social gatherings is reduced due to other measures that would need to be applied So from her point of view better to stay with the less risky 2m than move to more risky 1 m for little gain

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

She didn't suggest she'd review it next week specifically just that there is another general review of all measures due next week

She said it is always under review but that doesn't signal change

She outlined all the interacting factors which inform the decision She also said there is trade off between distance and the time you can spend together as well as the possible impact of face coverings She and her medical officer took great pains to emphasise the huge increase in risk of moving to 1m, clearly dampening down any expectation of  a relaxation soon

Under medical advice 1m will reduce the time people should spend together from the current scientific advice of 15 minutes for 2m

So you won't get 2 hours in a fitba stadium even if she doesn't relax the 2m to 1m

I read it as her outlining why she will likely keep with 2m for the foreseeable future as any advantage for business or social gatherings is reduced due to other measures that would need to be applied So from her point of view better to stay with the less risky 2m than move to more risky 1 m for little gain

Splitting hairs. She said not now. Reitterated that the next formal review milestone was next week. She also made it clear that the balance of risk would be to favour lives over the economy. Conditionality was hinted at as a key to any changes but I absolutely agree its no.. For now. 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Splitting hairs. She said not now. Reitterated that the next formal review milestone was next week. She also made it clear that the balance of risk would be to favour lives over the economy. Conditionality was hinted at as a key to any changes but I absolutely agree its no.. For now. 

Do you want to read that back to yourself. you just claimed hairsplitting then agreed?

24 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

.I did. You should do the same. Comntradiction? I see why you don't understand where you went wrong,

It's quite simple. There were differences between our recollection but not in the fact that the FM will put people before the economy. Conditionality was the word I used for her approach to any decisions that might be made. 

Does anyone else think the Family Stand pricing structure is a bit strange?

A husband and wife (or husband or co habitant or lover etc)... 2 adults... with no kids will pay £480 at early bird prices.

The same two adults, by taking up to three kids along, pay only £408.

I'm all for encouraging families... I'd let all under 12s in for free... ... but that does seem a bit of a strange pricing anomaly.

Does anyone else think the Family Stand pricing structure is a bit strange?

A husband and wife (or husband or co habitant or lover etc)... 2 adults... with no kids will pay £480 at early bird prices.

The same two adults, by taking up to three kids along, pay only £408.

I'm all for encouraging families... I'd let all under 12s in for free... ... but that does seem a bit of a strange pricing anomaly.

Just be careful how you advertise for the use of somebody's kids to take advantage of this deal. [emoji6]

21 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

the turnstile gates are unmanned already so why do away with them when they will be useful in controlling the flow of people?  Even as a stadium fills, the emergency exits will still be needed as a means of escape and can't be repurposed very easily without re-doing the entire fire risk assessment and revisiting the terms of license.

Because , like supermarket trolleys, the turnstile would need to be wiped after every person goes through. That would take a considerable time. The doors are routinely used to allow access to disabled fans and those that have forgotten their season tickets. No-one needs to touch anything. Using the doors (for a smaller support) would eliminate disinfecting turnstiles and speed up the whole process.

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Because , like supermarket trolleys, the turnstile would need to be wiped after every person goes through. That would take a considerable time. The doors are routinely used to allow access to disabled fans and those that have forgotten their season tickets. No-one needs to touch anything. Using the doors (for a smaller support) would eliminate disinfecting turnstiles and speed up the whole process.

You could take the bars off the turnstiles and provide wipes like every supermarket 

51 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Serious question, say first five home games have no fans. Are club going have to pay the percentage back to fans on the season ticket price? Or do they expect just to keep the money with no questions asked?

If you decide to buy a season ticket today, which I think very unlikely, you would do so in the full knowledge that fans are unlikely to be admitted for some time. If you expect a refund you are barking up the wrong tree.

54 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Serious question, say first five home games have no fans. Are club going have to pay the percentage back to fans on the season ticket price? Or do they expect just to keep the money with no questions asked?

Stupid question really since EVERYONE who bought a season ticket knew before paying the pandemic would affect the season.

The Club should immediately sell the Stadium Car Park Season Tickets so the mug Buddies can park their Cars in their own Driveways or or outside their houses while they are inside watching the Saints on the fecking Telly.

Could get a £3 pie delivered to their living rooms from the Saints Pie Huts