Virtual Season Tickets

I thought the picture quality was pretty decent for me, not much worse than other streams I get. Occasionally dropped to low res but usually came back within 10s. 

The sound was dreadful first half, but to be fair that didn't really matter too much and was much better second half. Overall was pretty decent from my viewpoint. 

Wonder why it was fine for some whilst others seem to have struggled- pity they didn't get a game to check before hand but no doubt just teething trouble. 

Same for me, commentary was actually decent in 2nd half

Occasional drop in quality but didn’t last too long

I won't be buying any away games unless they acknowledge our problems and say they have made improvements.

In fact, if I experience the same problems at our next home game I will be suggesting to St. Mirren they ask for a rebate if they are paying per season ticket subscriber. I'll be out.  

36 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I won't be buying any away games unless they acknowledge our problems and say they have made improvements.

In fact, if I experience the same problems at our next home game I will be suggesting to St. Mirren they ask for a rebate if they are paying per season ticket subscriber. I'll be out.  

Wouldn't it be the case that you will be buying from whatever team we're playing television service?  They couldn't be worse than the ours.

Missed the first 38 minutes after getting kicked out just at kick off, had been on from the start of the pre match chat. 

The website contact us form pre populates the fields which is usually helpful but when you press send it tells you that the user name that it pre populated is too long!  

When we got logged back in the sound was duplicated so we heard commentary to go with the picture and then about 5 seconds later the same commentary came through again. 

I realise that these things will get better over time but there is definitely room for improvement. 

17 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Missed the first 38 minutes after getting kicked out just at kick off, had been on from the start of the pre match chat. 

The website contact us form pre populates the fields which is usually helpful but when you press send it tells you that the user name that it pre populated is too long!  

When we got logged back in the sound was duplicated so we heard commentary to go with the picture and then about 5 seconds later the same commentary came through again. 

I realise that these things will get better over time but there is definitely room for improvement. 

There's no excuse for any of this.

It's crystal clear that the company who wrote the software for this simply didn't bother testing it.

Having a "user name too long" error in this day and age is absolutely unforgiveable.

Apart from the sound issues in the first half, and a 90 second buffering episode in the 2nd half, everything was fine. I cast it from my laptop to my Samsung Smart TV.

The sound in the first half was obviously an issue for everyone.

However, reading through posts on here and P&B, there seem to be some people mentioning very different issues.

Given that everyone is fed the same stream, maybe there are issues using different browsers, hardware etc., just like there are with the likes of SKY etc.

For example the SKY app for Virgin media is not particularly great quality any time I've used it.

Thought DVZ and the commentator were very good and Ali De Foy came across as calm, well spoken host.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Given that everyone is fed the same stream, maybe there are issues using different browsers, hardware etc., just like there are with the likes of SKY etc.

We were using Chrome on a laptop and it worked perfectly until Saints managed to make a mess of kick off/ taking the knee. 

It then frozen for about 4 minutes. While this was going on I logged on on my iPhone, (we have two ST’s in our house) this worked for a few minutes and then froze too. 

Attempts to log back in using an iPhone, a Samsung phone and Chrome were met with a variety of errors from an internal server error to a white screen with a strange symbol in it, to the page loading but a message that there were no events. These errors appeared across all the platforms at various times. 

I’m relatively relaxed about it at the moment and there is a bit of time before the next broadcast but these are things that need to be resolved. 

I was surprised that the test event was just a test log in and to be honest I wasn’t actually informed about it so it was well after 6 pm on the test day that I tried to and was successful in logging in. It is difficult times for everyone just now but I will be expecting  it to be better next time. 

Guest TPAFKATS

I streamed it to my phone and threw it to a TV. Mainly fine although nae volume on TV which was out with my control. Couple of pauses while it buffered which is fine given that it was streamed via 4G. Can't really fault St. Mirren for that

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I streamed it to my phone and threw it to a TV. Mainly fine although nae volume on TV which was out with my control. Couple of pauses while it buffered which is fine given that it was streamed via 4G. Can't really fault St. Mirren for that

I’m not blaming St. Mirren. I am more concerned that St. Mirren are giving money to a company to provide me with a service and I’m not getting it.

As I have said before, perfect prematch interviews then it collapsed before kickoff.

Only got back in at halftime and stopped before second half started and returned after 70 minutes.

I don’t have a problem with not watching a game. I just want to know in advance if they believe it was a problem my end. If they do think that I won’t waste my Saturdays trying to watch and I would ask St. Mirren to retrieve whatever they are paying for me to be supplied with an inferior service, and they can forget about away games.

I used Chrome and I firmly believe the problems were their end. I was using a very up to date Surface Pro.

3 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

I’m not blaming St. Mirren. I am more concerned that St. Mirren are giving money to a company to provide me with a service and I’m not getting it.

As I have said before, perfect prematch interviews then it collapsed before kickoff.

Only got back in at halftime and stopped before second half started and returned after 70 minutes.

I don’t have a problem with not watching a game. I just want to know in advance if they believe it was a problem my end. If they do think that I won’t waste my Saturdays trying to watch and I would ask St. Mirren to retrieve whatever they are paying for me to be supplied with an inferior service, and they can forget about away games.

I used Chrome and I firmly believe the problems were their end. I was using a very up to date Surface Pro.

this should be fast enough for them.

34EBAFAD-1D66-4C06-9110-6A9355C836AF.thumb.png.ceed8eb0da08dfb8a4ea74aef76971cf.png

My Ppv here in Inverness picture wise never dropped out. Fine, sound same as everyone else, not good for bits.

My Brother in Glenburn had Ppv, pretty useless.

Brother in Neilston with Season ticket, no problem.

Brother in Newton Mearns with season ticket, first half useless.

Dont understand the differences, maybe someone else can tell us why this was happening.

I lost the feed a couple of times. Just after we scored then just after half time but I was able to get it back by going to the home screen and clicking on the game again. The commentary was annoying in the first half as it was so muffled. Surely someone must have been monitoring. The picture quality was not good enough to watch full screen on my TV. I had to reduce the picture size to make it clear enough to watch. It was probably good enough to watch on a laptop.

I watched it on a Mac which is a pretty good sized screen but I did cast it to a big telly and it lost quality.

TV was Ok but the Mac was better and I just made the viewing position a bit closer. Fine.

First day and all that but I was expecting very high Quality, we’ll see how it goes.

3 points though 😬

Is there anything to stop anyone who is a season ticket holder giving their account number and password to a pal who not a season ticket holder for them to watch for free ?

Just wondering since i had the game on 2 devices at the same time and my son had it on 3 devices at 1 time.

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is there anything to stop anyone who is a season ticket holder giving their account number and password to a pal who not a season ticket holder for them to watch for free ?

Just wondering since i had the game on 2 devices at the same time and my son had it on 3 devices at 1 time.

I take it that your and your son's devices were all using the same router and therefore IP address. I suspect that the stream providers could recognise that separate IP addresses were being used simultaneously under the same log in.

For those who are new to Saints tv , this is the standard of service they've dished out since it started. Ropey picture, dodgy sound , buffering and graphics problems ( get ready for a few games without then score and clock in the corner) . They even play interviews at half time that you can't hear because the also have the music in the stadium being broadcast.  Emails and tweets go unanswered so gave up complaing to them. Hopefully they'll get more complaints ( and take action) now thousands rather than around 100 are trying to watch.

I've watched our games on arabtv, red tv, hibs tv and even falkirk tv and our product is by far the worst. I suppose the only way is up, but not for the team cos we're joint top

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That may have contributed to the problem? A supplier estimates how many users they will have and if each user decides that they will use multiple devices then the supplier has underestimated the number of simultaneous users causing slowness and breaks.

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know that you can do that with Celtic too. Would imagine its the same for most.

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That may have contributed to the problem? A supplier estimates how many users they will have and if each user decides that they will use multiple devices then the supplier has underestimated the number of simultaneous users causing slowness and breaks.

Problem is if you limit it to one login and you get it wrong then its not worth the pain so I guess they rely on folks not passing on their details given they have already paid for it.

58 minutes ago, smcc said:

I take it that your and your son's devices were all using the same router and therefore IP address. I suspect that the stream providers could recognise that separate IP addresses were being used simultaneously under the same log in.

We are both season ticket holders but he was watching at his house and i was at mine so had different IP addresses.