Sign in to follow this  
munoz

Virtual Season Tickets

My Ppv here in Inverness picture wise never dropped out. Fine, sound same as everyone else, not good for bits.

My Brother in Glenburn had Ppv, pretty useless.

Brother in Neilston with Season ticket, no problem.

Brother in Newton Mearns with season ticket, first half useless.

Dont understand the differences, maybe someone else can tell us why this was happening.

3 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

My Ppv here in Inverness picture wise never dropped out. Fine, sound same as everyone else, not good for bits.

My Brother in Glenburn had Ppv, pretty useless.

Brother in Neilston with Season ticket, no problem.

Brother in Newton Mearns with season ticket, first half useless.

Dont understand the differences, maybe someone else can tell us why this was happening.

This suggests, I use IPTV and there are very similar issues, that it's down to the software, devices, people's ability to enter the correct information in the correct place and broadband that people use.

The fact it did work for some, yourself included, proves the service was, overall, satisfactory.

I lost the feed a couple of times. Just after we scored then just after half time but I was able to get it back by going to the home screen and clicking on the game again. The commentary was annoying in the first half as it was so muffled. Surely someone must have been monitoring. The picture quality was not good enough to watch full screen on my TV. I had to reduce the picture size to make it clear enough to watch. It was probably good enough to watch on a laptop.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

I lost the feed a couple of times. Just after we scored then just after half time but I was able to get it back by going to the home screen and clicking on the game . The commentary was annoying in the first half as it was so muffled. Surely someone must have been monitoring. The picture quality was not good enough to watch full screen on my TV. I had to reduce the picture size to make it clear enough to watch. It was probably good enough to watch on a laptop.

Fine on my TV? 

Is your TV black and white, one of them big silver square ones from yesteryear? 

Sony 28inch tv old style FREE | in Cheetham Hill, Manchester | Gumtree

I watched it on a Mac which is a pretty good sized screen but I did cast it to a big telly and it lost quality.

TV was Ok but the Mac was better and I just made the viewing position a bit closer. Fine.

First day and all that but I was expecting very high Quality, we’ll see how it goes.

3 points though 😬

Is there anything to stop anyone who is a season ticket holder giving their account number and password to a pal who not a season ticket holder for them to watch for free ?

Just wondering since i had the game on 2 devices at the same time and my son had it on 3 devices at 1 time.

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Is there anything to stop anyone who is a season ticket holder giving their account number and password to a pal who not a season ticket holder for them to watch for free ?

Just wondering since i had the game on 2 devices at the same time and my son had it on 3 devices at 1 time.

No. 

8 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I take it that your and your son's devices were all using the same router and therefore IP address. I suspect that the stream providers could recognise that separate IP addresses were being used simultaneously under the same log in.

For those who are new to Saints tv , this is the standard of service they've dished out since it started. Ropey picture, dodgy sound , buffering and graphics problems ( get ready for a few games without then score and clock in the corner) . They even play interviews at half time that you can't hear because the also have the music in the stadium being broadcast.  Emails and tweets go unanswered so gave up complaing to them. Hopefully they'll get more complaints ( and take action) now thousands rather than around 100 are trying to watch.

I've watched our games on arabtv, red tv, hibs tv and even falkirk tv and our product is by far the worst. I suppose the only way is up, but not for the team cos we're joint top

14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That may have contributed to the problem? A supplier estimates how many users they will have and if each user decides that they will use multiple devices then the supplier has underestimated the number of simultaneous users causing slowness and breaks.

35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I know that you can do that with Celtic too. Would imagine its the same for most.

20 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That may have contributed to the problem? A supplier estimates how many users they will have and if each user decides that they will use multiple devices then the supplier has underestimated the number of simultaneous users causing slowness and breaks.

Problem is if you limit it to one login and you get it wrong then its not worth the pain so I guess they rely on folks not passing on their details given they have already paid for it.

58 minutes ago, smcc said:

I take it that your and your son's devices were all using the same router and therefore IP address. I suspect that the stream providers could recognise that separate IP addresses were being used simultaneously under the same log in.

We are both season ticket holders but he was watching at his house and i was at mine so had different IP addresses. 

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

Fine on my TV? 

Is your TV black and white, one of them big silver square ones from yesteryear? 

Sony 28inch tv old style FREE | in Cheetham Hill, Manchester | Gumtree

Mine is a 55 in 4K TV and the picture was grainy when I watched in full

I had logged in and changed my password on the Friday (as instructed) - but when I went to log in my password failed but my original one worked (!). Maybe they had to restore a backup or rollback that database tables that held the user passwords. After that scare - everything else was fine. The commentary was inaudible for the first half but that was definitely on the platform providers side - but otherwise pretty good.

I'm glad that we can pay for the Rangers game through the Saints platform and not go to Rangers TV - it means I can kid myself on that we are not giving them any money 🙂

Edited by southsidebud

Sound poor in 1st half,picture froze a couple of times 2nd half but all in all it was good.
Seems strange some people had big problems while others only suffered minor inconvenience.

33 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
On 7/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, munoz said:
Not working for me- just a white screen. 

Same thing I got all day yesterday. Terrible

It did work for me eventually and managed to watch most of the game.  

As others have pointed out, the sound quality was lacking but hopefully everything will be sorted out for the next game. 

I never tried to tune in on Saturday as I was up north with no tinter-net, I had managed to get logged on for the test signal on Wednesday evening, however when I tried to sign in today it came up with this? 

Invalid credentials, please try again.

Just now, ALBIONSAINT said:

I never tried to tune in on Saturday as I was up north with no tinter-net, I had managed to get logged on for the test signal on Wednesday evening, however when I tried to sign in today it came up with this? 

Invalid credentials, please try again.

I have clicked the button that asks if you have forgotten your password (which I haven’t but seemed like a good idea) but have not had a email to reset. Answers on a postcard please....