The Pies

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I miss my pie at the stadium. Does anyone else? 

Every attended game for 25 years, pie and a bovril. What's pretty strange is I almost never have either away from the football, so I've been alright when it comes to missing them... Well until I seen this thread. 😢 

58 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Every attended game for 25 years, pie and a bovril. What's pretty strange is I almost never have either away from the football, so I've been alright when it comes to missing them... Well until I seen this thread. 😢 

I'm the same. I would never be found eating a pie anywhere else. PS At East End Park it would be a Steak Slice. 

Not really, the pies are dear as f**k and not that good.

The Wee Bakers in Govan does a michty guid pie and its only about 50p or so, I cannae remember the price but its as cheap as something that costs 50p.

I miss nothing about the pie stall.  It has the most inefficient system of operation I could imagine.  

You stand in a queue about 4/5 deep, you wonder why a queue exists at all as the ground is not that busy and a wheen of staff are on duty behind the counter.  Eventually you get to the front.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on takes your order.  She then walks to the back of the stall where she asks another lassie in a black fleece and red hat for whatever item you asked for (if your item is not available or she forgets what you asked for this journey is repeated),   The lassie with the red hat and black fleece on passes your hot item to the other lassie with the red hat and black fleece on who walks accross the stall and places the item in front of you.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then walks to the drinks machine where she asks another lassie with a black fleece and red hat to pour your drink (this part of the journey is often repeated your beveridge is unavailable or has been forgotten).  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then hands your beveridge to the other lassie with the black fleece and red hat on, who then crosses the stall to place your beveridge in front of you.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then quotes a ridiculously high price that you are then obliged to pay.  You hand your £10 note to the lassie with the black fleece and red hat on who once again crosses the stall but this time approaches the till, where, inevitably a queue of lassies in black fleece and red hats has formed.  Your lassie with the black fleece and red hat on eventually gets to the till where your overpriced order is processed monetarily.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on the crosses the stall AGAIN to bring you your small and now insignificant amount of change.  You turn round to see that quite the queue has formed behind you and you wonder why in the name of f**k  anyone would allow a business to run so inefficiently.  At this juncture you walk to the steel pole type shelves that dont really hold anything and are a bit pointless where you skillfully balance your drink in order that you can free your hands up to use the mustard/sauce dispensers.  You then skillfully retrieve your expensive and weak beveridge from the precarious position you left it on the steel pole shelves and make your way toward the seating area, where, unless we are playing Hearts, you are likely to be dissapointed.

No I do not miss the pie stall at all, do not miss it at all indeed.

The Wee Bakers in Govan does a michty guid pie and its only about 50p or so, I cannae remember the price but its as cheap as something that costs 50p.

I miss nothing about the pie stall.  It has the most inefficient system of operation I could imagine.  
You stand in a queue about 4/5 deep, you wonder why a queue exists at all as the ground is not that busy and a wheen of staff are on duty behind the counter.  Eventually you get to the front.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on takes your order.  She then walks to the back of the stall where she asks another lassie in a black fleece and red hat for whatever item you asked for (if your item is not available or she forgets what you asked for this journey is repeated),   The lassie with the red hat and black fleece on passes your hot item to the other lassie with the red hat and black fleece on who walks accross the stall and places the item in front of you.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then walks to the drinks machine where she asks another lassie with a black fleece and red hat to pour your drink (this part of the journey is often repeated your beveridge is unavailable or has been forgotten).  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then hands your beveridge to the other lassie with the black fleece and red hat on, who then crosses the stall to place your beveridge in front of you.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on then quotes a ridiculously high price that you are then obliged to pay.  You hand your £10 note to the lassie with the black fleece and red hat on who once again crosses the stall but this time approaches the till, where, inevitably a queue of lassies in black fleece and red hats has formed.  Your lassie with the black fleece and red hat on eventually gets to the till where your overpriced order is processed monetarily.  The lassie with the black fleece and red hat on the crosses the stall AGAIN to bring you your small and now insignificant amount of change.  You turn round to see that quite the queue has formed behind you and you wonder why in the name of f**k  anyone would allow a business to run so inefficiently.  At this juncture you walk to the steel pole type shelves that dont really hold anything and are a bit pointless where you skillfully balance your drink in order that you can free your hands up to use the mustard/sauce dispensers.  You then skillfully retrieve your expensive and weak beveridge from the precarious position you left it on the steel pole shelves and make your way toward the seating area, where, unless we are playing Hearts, you are likely to be dissapointed.

Go to Dunterlie... Last time there my pie was tasty, only a quid... Got a CAN of ginger to wash it down... and the kids had a kick about in the goalmouth before the players had even left the pitch for half time!

Go to Dunterlie... Last time there my pie was tasty, only a quid... Got a CAN of ginger to wash it down... and the kids had a kick about in the goalmouth before the players had even left the pitch for half time!
*Warning*

This person gave false information regarding pies in the past.

Albion Rovers, were far from award winning. [emoji852]

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I love this description. 

I still like the steak pie 

There is something about a pie one ears at a stadium. I can't recall having one elsewhere since going into the Horshoe bar in Glasgow for a pie and a drink at lunchtime. So good in fact that.. Just like coronavirus.. It merits more than one thread. 

• 1 month later...