St Mirren as an employer.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

John McGinn is not as pleased as others about St Mirren being a good employer ......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-mcginn-slams-st-mirren-22150560

All three Mcginn brothers have at some point been disloyal to the club by leaving to earn more money. Quite right too as they need to maximise their earnings given its a short career. Just as St. Mirren are quite right in releasing one of them when he is no longer of use to the club. Why keep a player on the books who isn't going to play? That would be mismanagement. 

Remember also St. Mirren took on Paul and Stephen for  a second time when both their careers were in trouble. That wasn't loyalty. Just good management. 

8 minutes ago, Oldfellow said:

All three Mcginn brothers have at some point been disloyal to the club by leaving to earn more money. Quite right too as they need to maximise their earnings given its a short career. Just as St. Mirren are quite right in releasing one of them when he is no longer of use to the club. Why keep a player on the books who isn't going to play? That would be mismanagement. 

Remember also St. Mirren took on Paul and Stephen for  a second time when both their careers were in trouble. That wasn't loyalty. Just good management. 

People conveniently forget John walked out on club and tried to go to America where club would have got nothing, luckily Hibs signed him and good deal was made but he didn't care what happened about Saints.

44 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

People conveniently forget John walked out on club and tried to go to America where club would have got nothing, luckily Hibs signed him and good deal was made but he didn't care what happened about Saints.

Strange but true. I agree. It's tough in the world of football. 

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

John McGinn is not as pleased as others about St Mirren being a good employer ......

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/john-mcginn-slams-st-mirren-22150560

There will be a lot of players in Stephen McGinn's position and they will all have a gripe. The fact of the matter is he played very few games last season,  partly due to injury. He was a fantastic servant for us and I'm sure if we were cash rich we would have kept him on in some capacity but the horrible truth is we can't afford to have him on the payroll if he isn't going to be an integral part of the squad. I said before that, if we offered what we could afford for what would be a bit part player, it would have been an insult to him. His plight is only being highlighted because his brother is a relatively high profile player in a big league.

7 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Using your analogy, the improvement in curry would have more likely occurred by the exposure in Trip Advisor and not necessarily by a change in management by itself.  The present St Mirren management were in place over a year  before this illegality was exposed in the press and they failed to respond when asked to do so (The Herald).

Historically, unskilled and low-skilled workers have always tended to be ignored and over-looked throughout industry and this is proven by the introduction of income legislation namely, the National Minimum Wage Act in 1998.

Naw

Its completely new. and its smashing.  Trip advisor is a website, its the chef that cooks. Its the chef that makes awesome curry.

I agree with you mostly btw.  Pretty sure Gordon Scott wsa NOT chairman in 2007.  That was the good ship Stewart Gilmour that you refer to.

So it IS a new management team (mostly, Campbell Kennedy has somehow remained).  Just allow a little praise to go our clubs way, it really doea appear to be deserved.

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Naw

Its completely new. and its smashing.  Trip advisor is a website, its the chef that cooks. Its the chef that makes awesome curry.

I agree with you mostly btw.  Pretty sure Gordon Scott wsa NOT chairman in 2007.  That was the good ship Stewart Gilmour that you refer to.

So it IS a new management team (mostly, Campbell Kennedy has somehow remained).  Just allow a little praise to go our clubs way, it really doea appear to be deserved.

We are very poor at catching people doing things right. I recall, in Turkey, I was asked how people celebrated success at work. I replied that they knew they had performed well when the boss stopped hitting their head against the wall. 

Found the full John McGinn interview sour grapes and very surprising.

He is on one hand saying his brother done a lot for us etc etc (single handedly, which is off the mark too) then on the other hand saying but that’s what happens in football.

Exactly John, that’s how it works, clubs need to use their money wisely and there can’t be any money spent on sentiment, John wasn’t quick on engineering a move away from us when stuff went tits up, from spear gate to going to America.

I’m thankful for what all 3 brothers have contributed to st mirren but stuff like that’s just bad sour grapes. 

Edited by mattman

2 hours ago, mattman said:

He is on one hand saying his brother done a lot for us etc etc (single handedly, which is off the mark too) then on the other hand saying but that’s what happens in football.

Exactly John, that’s how it works, clubs need to use their money wisely and there can’t be any money spent on sentiment, John wasn’t quick on engineering a move away from us when stuff went tits up, from spear gate to going to America.

I’m thankful for what all 3 brothers have contributed to st mirren but stuff like that’s just bad sour grapes. 

Never found it surprising, J McGinn shat on Saints from a high height when he left and allegedly never ever returned calls to club, even to get them an idea of what he was doing. Wee fud forgets where he learned his trade, fuk him..

3 hours ago, mattman said:

Agree but in human terms maybe not an unusual reaction. He was and is a good player as were his brothers

Edited by St.Ricky

4 hours ago, mattman said:

It was also in the Dailly Record, so its probably a lot of pish

Labour voting people read the Dailly Record......it neednt be be well written

Edited by TediousTom

12 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

It was also in the Dailly Record, so its probably a lot of pish

Labour voting people read the Dailly Record......it neednt be be well written

Like your post evidently, like your post indeed!!