And then there were 4

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Entitled to your opinion but wonder what your view is on the level they'd be playing at? I don't see how 19-21 year old's generally playing against part-time opposition to develop will benefit our national team. We need better young players playing at a much higher level and fear this isn't it. It is one of many reasons I don't support colts but feel it's most specific to your support for them. 

For me it would be a lot more acceptable if rules were put in place to make SP teams develop young players as well and not just lumber L2 clubs by turning their league into a development project.

If Sevco and Celtic genuinely care (they don't IMO) campaign for a rule change that forces more homegrown players in starting 11's. For me I'd love to see a minimum eight players in starting 11s developed by Scottish clubs for a minimum (or will be) of five years before their 21st birthday. From that five must be through the clubs own youth academy and three must be under 21. 

I think the true cost might be that clubs increasingly won't carry reserve teams in future. 

19 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I think the true cost might be that clubs increasingly won't carry reserve teams in future. 

Yeah can see that happening regardless. I personally have every faith that St Mirren and Motherwell (at least) will vote this plan down at the first stage anyway as fan owned/ working to it teams. Scottish football needs a freshness to help develop young players but my opinion is, this absolutely is not the right way. 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah can see that happening regardless. I personally have every faith that St Mirren and Motherwell (at least) will vote this plan down at the first stage anyway as fan owned/ working to it teams. Scottish football needs a freshness to help develop young players but my opinion is, this absolutely is not the right way. 

I can't put up a strong argument in favour other than it gives some extra money to the bottom clubs and spreads some player and coaching around clubs without the need for additional funding. These are, I think good and I'm told happens already in other, more successful countries. I think it might also increase the number of spectators in the lower leagues. I am utterly though against any potential move which would see the OF play in England and their B teams be able to play in our top league. No.. Just no. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

I can't put up a strong argument in favour other than it gives some extra money to the bottom clubs and spreads some player and coaching around clubs without the need for additional funding. These are, I think good and I'm told happens already in other, more successful countries. I think it might also increase the number of spectators in the lower leagues. I am utterly though against any potential move which would see the OF play in England and their B teams be able to play in our top league. No.. Just no. 

Yeah it's all fair enough, everyone entitled to an opinion (contrary to many people's views on here). My worry is also around the short-term financial benefit. I would worry in three- four years if the teams are in the championship and all the financial benefits are away from the lower league. I personally think short-term thinking over the decades has hammered Scottish football. Hopefully some sort of innovation coming in the future that benefits more of a collective than an elite. 

57 minutes ago, HSS said:

I read somewhere this morning that the lower league clubs would get £15500 each if the colts got in.Hardly life changing money to them.
It won’t happen.

That is the amount but there is in addition advance payment for 200 away fans to clubs where The B's were going to play

46 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That is the amount but there is in addition advance payment for 200 away fans to clubs where The B's were going to play

£15500 over the season which included the 200 ticket bribe.

11 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

They wont get that if they both get promoted,  so after 1 season the bottom tier are back to square one, Great idea 

No chance it will get passed. Far too many supporters and clubs are against the idea of colts. 

Forty Clubs and a lot of their fans presently love Celtic and Sevco and the sectarian money they produce. 

They will grow to love their B Teams also. 

They all love an IRA and UVF sing song at their Diddy Club Stadiums. 

Fannies 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Forty Clubs and a lot of their fans presently love Celtic and Sevco and the sectarian money they produce. 

They will grow to love their B Teams also. 

They all love an IRA and UVF sing song at their Diddy Club Stadiums. 

Fannies 

I share your distaste for the things you mention but these are political, not sectarian. Pretty understandable though when seen in the context of, still fairly, recent political and social changes imo. The plantation, subsequent independence for Ireland and Partition ( like in Cyprus) still resonate today. Should they dissappear? Of course they should. 

5 minutes ago, Gunni Thorfason said:

Am I the only one that thinks rangers are panicking here,they are not flush with money at the best of times,they will obviously lose gate money till the virus lockdown eases,is this a cunning ploy to get bodies in to Ibrox every week rather than every second,thoughts chapsemoji23.png

Who could blame them? 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

How do you know that they are spending money they don't have? Just because they announced losses I assume. They have access to capital. Making losses as such isn't a major worry for them. 

Ricky...

You are being deliberately stupid, here.

(or you ARE genuinely a bluenose)/

They have loans from Close Brothers on various of the 'assets' that sevco picked up.   That is a costly access to capital and those loans must constantly be repaid.

They have regularly issued new shares  - thus diluting the worth of any shares bought by their loyal but gullible 1872 group and others.

Losing £10m pa since inception is the reason for selling off the family jewels and is the reason why such convoluted "transfer deals" have to be magicked up - usually just before trying to flog season tickets to loyal fans.

They, ra peepul running the clumpany, must be constantly and majorly worried about how long they can keep kicking that can down the road.. Convicted career criminal Dave King has swanned off back to South Africa, yet still retains control of what happens in Glasgow.  He is not putting any more money in and has loans  secured on assets that loan company Close Brothers do not have.

Other directors who have previously sunk their dosh in it have seen their shares also/equally be diluted in value.  None of them are willing to subsidise it any longer.

The coach company owned by the guy who has taken over as blue 'leader' has, like the clumpany,   several loans taken out on the coach company so can't afford to subsidise any more.

I think the above offers some clues as to why some Buddies can see that THE Rangers is panicking and spending money it can't afford.  So why won't you see that?

20 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

This is only the first stage of a bigger plan for the ugly sisters, once they have “B” teams playing in the Scottish league, they can then move to the English league’s. 

How would that work? England is a foreign country! (In football terms at least!)

Why wouldnt England FA invite Ajax / Mechelen? - Just as far from London as Glasgow! 

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

Ricky...

You are being deliberately stupid, here.

(or you ARE genuinely a bluenose)/

They have loans from Close Brothers on various of the 'assets' that sevco picked up.   That is a costly access to capital and those loans must constantly be repaid.

They have regularly issued new shares  - thus diluting the worth of any shares bought by their loyal but gullible 1872 group and others.

Losing £10m pa since inception is the reason for selling off the family jewels and is the reason why such convoluted "transfer deals" have to be magicked up - usually just before trying to flog season tickets to loyal fans.

They, ra peepul running the clumpany, must be constantly and majorly worried about how long they can keep kicking that can down the road.. Convicted career criminal Dave King has swanned off back to South Africa, yet still retains control of what happens in Glasgow.  He is not putting any more money in and has loans  secured on assets that loan company Close Brothers do not have.

Other directors who have previously sunk their dosh in it have seen their shares also/equally be diluted in value.  None of them are willing to subsidise it any longer.

The coach company owned by the guy who has taken over as blue 'leader' has, like the clumpany,   several loans taken out on the coach company so can't afford to subsidise any more.

I think the above offers some clues as to why some Buddies can see that THE Rangers is panicking and spending money it can't afford.  So why won't you see that?

Spoilsport

3 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

How would that work? England is a foreign country! (In football terms at least!)

Why wouldnt England FA invite Ajax / Mechelen? - Just as far from London as Glasgow! 

Where there’s a Will there’s a way. Cardiff, Swansea and Berwick Rangers all play in different leagues from their country. It’s all about the money. 

Colt teams are fundamentally a waste of time. Introducing Colts to the lower Leagues will not improve the national team. They will barely improve their Club team. Celtic have a higher ratio than most and over the last 20 years they have produced 1 international player every 2 years via their Colts team of which almost all are binned at the end of the season. More Internationalists are developed outwith the colt system. Celtic now effectively bypass their Colt team anyway. Ajer was signed at 18 and playing first team at 19 after being on loan to Kilmarnock. Never played with the colts. Same with Dembele and Edouard. If you are good enough you are old enough. Lewis Morgan never even got as far as Rangers Colts before he was binned. We signed him and within 12 months was playing in the first team.

Project Brave and the academies exist to improve very young players. Colt teams do not do that. If you want a journeyman you place an apprentice with experienced professionals to develop them. If you stick 11 apprentices together they will not turn into journeymen. Loan deals and moving to a first team squad develop players not Colts.

Attendances in the Challenge cup demonstrate there is no interest in Colt teams. Yes maybe a Premiership Colt team at home when the first team wasn't playing but in the lower Leagues attendances were pitiful and the Colts got scudded damaging confidence.

Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen and Hibs do not have colt teams in the Premiership reserve league. They arrange games themselves. Rangers and Celtic play against English Premier and Championship teams and foreign teams. Now they want to play against the part-timers of Annan and Elgin???????

The proposal is not to develop players. It is to market their brand, sook up any potential possibilities and give them a foothold in Scotland if they ever move to another League.

Their reason that it is to develop International players is risible.

Edited by Sonny

• 2 weeks later...