Spot the Bigot

St.Ricky

On 6/7/2020 at 7:21 PM, St.Ricky said:

A poster made an interesting point. How do you recognise a bigot? Is it by the football club they support?

Often it is yes

Here is a typical example of the common bigot

"Ah support the mighty Glesga Sellick, Im fae Johnstone and they urr the only team fur me"

Okay, why do you not support a local team like say Johnstone Burgh or St Mirren?

"Mah great grandfaither wiz fae Ireland and he supportit the Glesga Sellick, its mah heritage"

Really, and what team or teams did your other 7 great granparents support?

"eh whit"

Another one is this

Rangers died in 2012

"naw they didnae, wee arra peeeppell"

Also see members of the orange lodge, the knights of St Columba, Hibernain clubs, the KKK, the Nazi party, Wellmeadow bowling club, the Conservative and Unionist party and readers of the Dailly Mail 

Edited by TediousTom

26 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Often it is yes

"Ah support the mighty Glesga Sellick, Im fae Johnstone and they urr the only team fur me"

Okay, why do you not support a local team like say Johnstone Burgh or St Mirren?

"Mah great grandfaither wiz fae Ireland and he supportit the Glesga Sellick, its mah heritage"

"eh whit"

Another one is this

Rangers died in 2012

Also see members of the orange lodge, the knights of St Columba, Hibernain clubs, the KKK, the Nazi party, Wellmeadow bowling club, the Conservative and Unionist party and readers of the Dailly Mail 

Quite a list. 

41 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Often it is yes

"eh whit"

Another one is this

Rangers died in 2012

Quite a list of pish Tom, quite a list indeed. 

Bigots come in many guises. It's too easy to point at Celtic and Rangers fans. Many may be bigots. That's true but fewer than in the  past in my opinion. I don't like it being there at all but it is diminishing. We should acknowledge that whilst still disapproving. That's my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Bigots come in many guises. It's too easy to point at Celtic and Rangers fans. Many may be bigots. That's true but fewer than in the  past in my opinion. I don't like it being there at all but it is diminishing. We should acknowledge that whilst still disapproving. That's my opinion. 

:lol: