Your best and worst BAME player for St Mirren

9 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic ( used in the UK to refer to people who are not white) 

Why are whites not included. 

We are all the same. 

48 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I was listening to off the ball yesterday afternoon and they had a call in about who your teams best and worst BAME player is or was.

For me the best would be Esmael Goncalves. 
The worst would be Mo Camara 

Can't argue with you there but Junior Mendes deserves a mention as does big Ferdinand even though it was late in his career. 

38 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic ( used in the UK to refer to people who are not white) 

I just find it crazy there’s a term for non whites 😂😂. People are people regardless of colour. 

it’s honestly the first time I’ve seen or heard this BAME. 

10 minutes ago, mattman said:

I just find it crazy there’s a term for non whites 😂😂. People are people regardless of colour. 

it’s honestly the first time I’ve seen or heard this BAME. 

It’s been a well used and general term for some time now (it’s even quoted on most BBC COVID stories) 

B4438EB9-1B10-4B9F-A4E0-87E671B5F11F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I am astounded here. I agree totally. Why single out one group from the others? Surely a player is just a player.

Well it didn’t stop Stewart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan from naming there best and worst black players from stjohnstone and Motherwell yesterday. To give some context to the show, they had John Barnes on discussing his perception that black football managers get let time to turn around bad runs of form than non-black managers. They still ripped the pish out him about Celtic though. 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I was listening to off the ball yesterday afternoon and they had a call in about who your teams best and worst BAME player is or was.

For me the best would be Esmael Goncalves. 
The worst would be Mo Camara 

Was Mo Camara worse than Cole Kpekwa?  I remember Mo Camara kicking a ball straight once so in my opinion h wasnt as piss f**king poor as Cole Kpekwa

2 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Well it didn’t stop Stewart Cosgrove and Tam Cowan from naming there best and worst black players from stjohnstone and Motherwell yesterday. To give some context to the show, they had John Barnes on discussing his perception that black football managers get let time to turn around bad runs of form than non-black managers. They still ripped the pish out him about Celtic though. 

Barnes equals victim. Ha ha ha 

Paul Elliot, another kid on victim. Played with the right Club. 

Celtic the biggest victims in the world. Sevco not far behind them. 

Not fecking fair for them. 

1 minute ago, TediousTom said:

Was Mo Camara worse than Cole Kpekwa?  I remember Mo Camara kicking a ball straight once so in my opinion h wasnt as piss f**king poor as Cole Kpekwa

kpekma was up there with in the running with Bahoken. 

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Not sure I am following you, BAME isn’t a derogatory racist term. It’s used in most government documents and NHS reports.  

If you're not a lefty or BAME you're classified as white supremacist scum. 

Even if you are black and right wing they classify you as white supremacist scum. 

8 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Not sure I am following you, BAME isn’t a derogatory racist term. It’s used in most government documents and NHS reports.  

Not always. Black people called each other the N word and we used the P word when referring to the corner shop. Even though most of those shops were owned by Indians.

ETA. In the case we're  discussing it cannot be anything other than separating one group from another for judgement. I would classify that as, at the very least, soft racism if such a thing can exist.

Edited by stlucifer