Your best and worst BAME player for St Mirren

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not always. Black people called each other the N word and we used the P word when referring to the corner shop. Even though most of those shops were owned by Indians.

ETA. In the case we're  discussing it cannot be anything other than separating one group from another for judgement. I would classify that as, at the very least, soft racism if such a thing can exist.

If so, then Cowan & Cosgrove and by default the BBC have some explaining to do. 

16 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Not always. Black people called each other the N word and we used the P word when referring to the corner shop. Even though most of those shops were owned by Indians.

ETA. In the case we're  discussing it cannot be anything other than separating one group from another for judgement. I would classify that as, at the very least, soft racism if such a thing can exist.

I don't agree. It is being used in many places to assist in overcoming barriers which people from these communities face. Positive interventions if you like. 

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

Crazy how bahoken turned out to have a decent career, and score some right belters in France.

Linked with a £8.5 million transfer to Wolves, what happens to these players when they come to stmirren? Or is it, what happens to these players after they have been to stmirren? 

3EBFD935-2147-40AD-AEDB-49D42AAD76DD.jpeg

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I notice that you are quick to apply the epithet boring to anyone who doesn't share your rather extreme views. 

No, just to folk who are tedious trolls. 

There are a lot of very good posters on here and most disagree with me. 

23 minutes ago, mattman said:

Crazy how bahoken turned out to have a decent career, and score some right belters in France.

Prob'ly something to do with Danny Lennon assuming that because he was a big guy he could be used in a long ball experiment - especially the debut game against Partick. 

IIRC he was about 20 when he played for us so still developing - always a bit of a hit & miss age to get a player.

Edited by Bud the Baker

David Bammy Lammy will explain the life experiences of BAME folks. 

He will tell you they are all racially abused and treated atrociously in the UK by the white dudes in the UK. 

Which is a lot of shite as we are one of the most tolerant countries in the World. 

Opportunities for all if all work hard enough. 

5 minutes ago, shull said:

David Bammy Lammy will explain the life experiences of BAME folks. 

He will tell you they are all racially abused and treated atrociously in the UK by the white dudes in the UK. 

Which is a lot of shite as we are one of the most tolerant countries in the World. 

Opportunities for all if all work hard enough. 

Yup that's what the Alt-Right snowflakes will tell you, over and over and over again...

Even such vaunted lefties as our current PM Boris "pickaninny watermelon" Johnson admits there is structural racism within the UK.

We live in a wonderful country with opportunities for all. 

Although, some thrive on being victims. 

They are constantly told they are oppressed when they urnae really. 

A few need help and they will get it. 

UKOK 

11 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

A candidate for worst has to be Mikael Renfrum. Arrived with a cracking goal and then proceeded to do hee haw for the rest of his stay

Sufficient to say that I don't recall him at all. *{not so unusual these days!) 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sufficient to say that I don't recall him at all. *{not so unusual these days!) 

Sufficient to say you will post this type of post that adds NOTHING to the thread time after time. :thumbsdown

It would be a relief of you forgot how to sign into the forum. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, shull said:

We live in a wonderful country with opportunities for all. 

Although, some thrive on being victims. 

They are constantly told they are oppressed when they urnae really. 

A few need help and they will get it. 

UKOK 

Really? I don't think so. Its taken more than a century and the incoming Irish population has only recently reached some sort of parity 

7 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Ian Ferguson my favourite ever Saint for giving me one of the greatest days of my life.

Worst ever is that Joe 90 Harry Potter from Ireland last year, canny even mind his name.

Did you misread the thread title? I could have sworn that both of those you mention were white. 

Best, Esma77 :wub: who catalyzed us winning a major trophy or Jon Obika :wub: (my POTY for 19/20) and the megLoLzzzz of the current Hertz situation.

Worst, well you have to go above & beyond merely being a poor player so my award goes to Mikael Renfurm who criticised Saints for being a mediocre club - well Mikael you were a shining example of mediocrity yourself.

32 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Best, Esma77 :wub: who catalyzed us winning a major trophy or Jon Obika :wub: (my POTY for 19/20) and the megLoLzzzz of the current Hertz situation.

Worst, well you have to go above & beyond merely being a poor player so my award goes to Mikael Renfurm who criticised Saints for being a mediocre club - well Mikael you were a shining example of mediocrity yourself.

John Obika still has time to cement his place amongst the best.