Are you worried???

I’ll confess that over the last few weeks I’ve had a slowly creeping feeling of concern about the kind of world we’re going to be living in in the near future. 
There are some genuinely scary things going on at the moment.

This feeling was increased tenfold today when I saw this tweet. Although it appears no one got physically hurt here, it must have been a truly terrifying episode for those involved. 
Are we in for some truly scary times ahead, or am I just being a auld fanny?

Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/evanfanning/status/1271837543395397632?s=20

Guest TPAFKATS
I’ll confess that over the last few weeks I’ve had a slowly creeping feeling of concern about the kind of world we’re going to be living in in the near future. 
This feeling was increased tenfold today when I saw this tweet. Although it appears no one got physically hurt here, it must have been a truly terrifying episode for those involved. 
Thoughts?
They are bullies, nationalist bullies. They have been empowered and encouraged since 2016.

I see similarities with how trump has encouraged the mob in usa as well.

This particular episode sums them up. Picking on folk who aren't bothering them, when they know they have vastly superior numbers.

Imagine having to attack folk having a picnic in order to make yourself feel better about your own pishy existence.

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

Unfortunately the present circumstances lend themselves to exploitation by right wing groups. Reports seem to suggest that there have been more right wing terror plots uncovered than other plots in the last 6 months. Short lived, I hope. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

Until today I would have said you were an old vagina, however I heard a story today that kind of made my heart sink with the realisation that their are some (hopefully not the majority) who appear to have lost a grip on reality. The story goes like this...

middle aged woman absolutely convinced that Michelle Obama used to be a man. (Clearly faked video to back up this belief) my first worry is that a woman who has had an education and is living in an advanced country like the UK should hold such beliefs so strongly in the face of such overwhelming rational evidence against it is frightening, has someone put something in the water? 
5G, Soros, Bill Gates, what has happened to people? Are these beliefs just filling the vacuum that religion left behind. Answers on a postcard please. 

9 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

I wouldn't be too worried, it's a minority and unlikely to continue with this sort of thuggish behaviour on a consistent basis.

Social media works both ways, these morons use it to show off, the authorities will use it to chap their doors early one morning. 

@TPAFKATS sums it up rather well.

They will slip back into the shadows, and the football terraces when they are allowed back into grounds later this year. 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

Can't edit my earlier post so....................do these sort of instances reach you over in Jersey? 

I'd hope it would be easier to eradicate? 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

Plenty of thuggery was on show in and around George Square at the weekend. 

I reckon with no football and coupled with the lockdown , these f**kwits are looking for some sort of misguided purpose. 

30 minutes ago, munoz said:

I reckon with no football and coupled with the lockdown , these f**kwits are looking for some sort of misguided purpose. 

Spot on Munoz. Nature abhores a vacuum. Empty lives, empty minds,. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I wouldn't be too worried, it's a minority and unlikely to continue with this sort of thuggish behaviour on a consistent basis.

Social media works both ways, these morons use it to show off, the authorities will use it to chap their doors early one morning. 

@TPAFKATS sums it up rather well.

They will slip back into the shadows, and the football terraces when they are allowed back into grounds later this year. 

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

Indeed, seems football is a breeding ground for these types and has been for many years.

At least it keeps them off the streets. 

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thoughts?

Not worried at all.

Seen this all before in the 70's and 80's.

The far right have used the BLM riots as justification for getting stuck in under the pretence of wanting to "protect the statues".

This is why BLM activists should cut out the violence. It just breeds further violence in a cycle. Violence never achieves anything sustainable. When are people going to get their thick neanderthal skulls around this?

Once the BLM stuff dies down in the next few weeks or so, the far right will die down. This will all be forgotten in a couple of months and we'll be back to talking about Brexit again.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Not worried at all.
The far right have used the BLM riots as justification for getting stuck in under the pretence of wanting to "protect the statues".
This is why BLM activists should cut out the violence. It just breeds further violence in a cycle. Violence never achieves anything sustainable. When are people going to get their thick neanderthal skulls around this?
Once the BLM stuff dies down in the next few weeks or so, the far right will die down. This will all be forgotten in a couple of months and we'll be back to talking about Brexit again.
The far right didn't die down after June 2016.
They didn't die down after Jan 31st this year.
They have been actively encouraged by governments some countries.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Not worried at all.

I hope not, that will be like trying to put out a fire with some petrol! 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Can't edit my earlier post so....................do these sort of instances reach you over in Jersey? 

I'd hope it would be easier to eradicate? 

The most we’ve had is a bit monument “art”. Two 20 year olds were arrested yesterday for assaulting a police officer who caught them trying to throw paint on a local statue. 
Certainly no mass disorder of any kind. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Not worried at all.

In other words.....I’m an auld fanny. 🤣