Your Best & Worst BDSM Saints Player...

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

With a fantastic left foot. 

When unchained 

His one footedness often made him a liability, I remember a game against Raith where we were on a break from a corner and he turned inside and backwards three times instead of using his right foot most folks were clapping him but all I could see was the Rovers defence back in place and an attacking opportunity lost - I suppose he's a bit of a marmite character but he'd be in my list of worst Saints players taking the rumoured transfer fee into account - a resigning that definitely falls into the S&M category!.

Additionally IIRC he missed a penalty that game and was beaten to the rebound because it fell to his right and it took him to long to move crabways and get it on his left. 

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

His one footedness often made him a liability, I remember a game against Raith where we were on a break from a corner and he turned inside and backwards three times instead of using his right foot most folks were clapping him but all I could see was the Rovers defence back in place and an attacking opportunity lost - I suppose he's a bit of a marmite character but he'd be in my list of worst Saints players taking the rumoured transfer fee into account - a resigning that definitely falls into the S&M category!.

Additionally IIRC he missed a penalty that game and was beaten to the rebound because it fell to his right and it took him to long to move crabways and get it on his left. 

I don't think I'm going to convert you into being a fan! 

9 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Best: McAvennie, Fitzpatrick, Torfason, McGarvey, Scanlon, Dorman, Lavety, Money, S. Thompson (Long list that I would struggle to seperate)

Worst: A.Bone, Gardiner, Archibald, Charnley, Gow, Baillie, 

Add Billy Thomson onto your best list. Add Billy Stark too. I'd only take out Charnley from your "worst" "list. 

3 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Best: McAvennie, Fitzpatrick, Torfason, McGarvey, Scanlon, Dorman, Lavety, Money, S. Thompson (Long list that I would struggle to seperate)

Worst: A.Bone, Gardiner, Archibald, Charnley, Gow, Baillie, 

A wee bit lazy, let me improve it for you

Worst: A.Bone, Gardiner, Archibald, Charnley, Gow, Baillie, Kpekwa, Camara, Willock, McVie, Dawson, Bahoken, Twaddle, 

18 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

A wee bit lazy, let me improve it for you

Worst: A.Bone, Gardiner, Archibald, Charnley, Gow, Baillie, Kpekwa, Camara, Willock, McVie, Dawson, Bahoken, Twaddle, 

A. Bone was just playing a level above his capabilities Gardener.. Agree. The real Archibald didn't turn up. A bit hard on Dawson. OK with the rest. 

3 minutes ago, yorkshire saint said:

Best players. McQueen,Munro,B Mckean,Copland ,Reid,Fitzpatrick,magarvey,,Abercrombie and Morgan.

I was too late in starting to watch Saints so I didn't see Mc Queen. Coupland was probably the man who made a huge difference when he came in. Can't argue much with the others. 

20 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Charnley one of the worst I've ever seen wear the stripes...laziest, unfittest waste of space.

Mind going to a game at Dens Park in the mid 90s. Charnley was playing for Dundee.

We went 1-0 up in the first half through a cracking goal by Jamie Fullarton. Charnley equalised midway through the second half with a free kick. He ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Saints fans.

We brought on wee John McMillan with a few minutes to go and immediately charged down a clearance by the Dundee keeper and tapped in the winner.

The final whistle went shortly after and with the Saints fans immediately above the tunnel at the end of that old stand, Charnley had to run the gauntlet of fierce abuse. It was hilarious. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Mind going to a game at Dens Park in the mid 90s. Charnley was playing for Dundee.

We went 1-0 up in the first half through a cracking goal by Jamie Fullarton. Charnley equalised midway through the second half with a free kick. He ran the full length of the pitch to celebrate in front of the Saints fans.

We brought on wee John McMillan with a few minutes to go and immediately charged down a clearance by the Dundee keeper and tapped in the winner.

The final whistle went shortly after and with the Saints fans immediately above the tunnel at the end of that old stand, Charnley had to run the gauntlet of fierce abuse. It was hilarious. 

Chic could wind up the opposition.