Expel Hearts and Thistle?

St.Ricky

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Hearts won petition to get access to key documents for use in Arbitration (or potentially any future court case).

In the words of Lord Clark parties ‘need to put  their cards on the table’.

Lord Clark stressed that Hearts/Partick Thistle were wholly correct in not seeking court action or arbitration while the potential for reconstruction was still a possibility.

Hearts/Partick v the Three others clubs – expenses shared.

Hearts/Partick v SPFL, petitioners to pay the cost of the SPFL case but only to the amount of 50%

So far a 0-0 draw in the first leg.

the second leg will be played on the SPFL home pitch, with its own appointed officials, and only SPFL fans in attendance.

the rules of the match will be made up during play to suit whatever outcome the SPFL deem desirable and suitable for the SPFL...

a bit like the Nimmo Smith bollox where ilegally registered players were not doomed illegal cos nobody spotted it at the time.

or the ruling that EBTs were not illegal cos every club COULD have used them, if they’d known about them and even though the EBTs let the deid club hire better players.... that did not give them an advantage.

I don’t think Hearts and PT are going to have their way.  They have been poorly treated and it’ll stay that way.

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Hearts won petition to get access to key documents for use in Arbitration (or potentially any future court case).

Lord Clark stressed that Hearts/Partick Thistle were wholly correct in not seeking court action or arbitration while the potential for reconstruction was still a possibility.

Hearts/Partick v SPFL, petitioners to pay the cost of the SPFL case but only to the amount of 50%

the second leg will be played on the SPFL home pitch, with its own appointed officials, and only SPFL fans in attendance.

the rules of the match will be made up during play to suit whatever outcome the SPFL deem desirable and suitable for the SPFL...

a bit like the Nimmo Smith bollox where ilegally registered players were not doomed illegal cos nobody spotted it at the time.

or the ruling that EBTs were not illegal cos every club COULD have used them, if they’d known about them and even though the EBTs let the deid club hire better players.... that did not give them an advantage.

I don’t think Hearts and PT are going to have their way.  They have been poorly treated and it’ll stay that way.

My money is on reconstruction as the outcome after arbitration with Hearts staying in the top league. 

3 hours ago, antrin said:

They've not been treated poorly at all.

It's a real shame that things stopped when they did and IMO there wasn't anywhere near enough appetite for a change within the other clubs. But this voting system is what Hearts and Thistle signed up for. They are mostly to blame for being bottom when the music stopped and then not being reasonable in their response to relegation under unprecedented circumstances and not recognising when they had lost the argument. The world is full of such people and they are almost exclusively a total pain in the arse for everyone else as they obsessively pursue their own agenda at the expense of everybody.

I have no time or sympathy for either of these clubs now.

Incidentally I wonder if Hearts are ever going to be capable of accepting person responsibility for any failure they suffer. 1986 and now this nonsense.....

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Arbitration is going to be interesting. No right of appeal on the decisions is my understanding. 
Outcomes? 
Reconstruction? 
Compensation?
Redrafting of the rules?
It's the 7th of July, the fixtures were released for the season which starts on 1st August. Not sure how there can now be reconstruction?

16 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 7/5/2020 at 8:21 PM, St.Ricky said:
Arbitration is going to be interesting. No right of appeal on the decisions is my understanding. 
Outcomes? 
Reconstruction? 
Compensation?
Redrafting of the rules?

It's the 7th of July, the fixtures were released for the season which starts on 1st August. Not sure how there can now be reconstruction?

I agree that this would be very difficult to do but not impossible. The arbitrators will need to weigh up a lot of things including the costs either way of keeping things as they are and of reconstruction per 42 clubs. 

Edited by St.Ricky

On 7/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, southsidebud said:

I reckon it will be either a straight forward GTF to Hearts et al - or a small amount of compensation.

I don't believe there is any chance that any reasonable panel would go any further.

Decent argument from a "moral" standpoint and equally pragmatic. The but for me, Southside, is that the dispute is about the rules of the SPFL and what the members and executive can and cannot do. I may be wrong. That happens. 

• 4 weeks later...