Paisley Cenotaph Under Protection

HSS

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

No walks so the devil will find work for idle hands to do

Yep. The empire has caused many problems. Divide and rule was the standard approach. Give away land and rights to a few and take them from the many. 

15 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I was amazed last night that no one highlighted the irony of the LDL guarding a statue of Robert Peel while simultaneously fighting with the Police 😂 

They thought he was an Orange Peel.

There's a gathering planned for tomorrow at 1200 but let's not kid ourselves that this has anything to do with protecting a war memorial,.

It's a bunch of knuckle-dragging blue bigots  and extreme right-wingers spoiling for a fight with anyone who looks at them in a way they don't like.

5 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

There's a gathering planned for tomorrow at 1200 but let's not kid ourselves that this has anything to do with protecting a war memorial,.

It's a bunch of knuckle-dragging blue bigots  and extreme right-wingers spoiling for a fight with anyone who looks at them in a way they don't like.

Ayr on Sunday i read somewhere.

Hopefully they will do Dublin soon   :fire

To a certain extent I agree with you, but there’ll be a lot of good people there that genuinely care about the cenotaph.
It wasn’t long ago the skateboard mob were chased away from playing there. Anyone that defaces, pisses upon or whatever deserves a good slap........ IMO.

1 hour ago, Russian Saint said:

To a certain extent I agree with you, but there’ll be a lot of good people there that genuinely care about the cenotaph.

Can’t see it myself.Any decent people will stay well clear. 

3 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
12 minutes ago, HSS said:
I believe around 50 loyalist demonstrators turned up.No trouble as far as I know.

One of my mates lives in a flat above Specsavers, he says there were only about a dozen of them and they were quickly dispersed by the Polis.

Still 12 too many misguided souls. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
2 hours ago, HSS said:
I believe around 50 loyalist demonstrators turned up.No trouble as far as I know.

One of my mates lives in a flat above Specsavers, he says there were only about a dozen of them and they were quickly dispersed by the Polis.

Your figures are more likely to be correct as mine were sourced from the BBC. 🙄

Guest TPAFKATS
Your figures are more likely to be correct as mine were sourced from the BBC. [emoji849]
I drove past at 1330 and there were possibly 6 hanging about.

24 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, HSS said:
Your figures are more likely to be correct as mine were sourced from the BBC. emoji849.png

I drove past at 1330 and there were possibly 6 hanging about.

Any counter protesters or did everyone have the good sense to stay away?