Hearts

Guest TPAFKATS

Seems Robbie knows his level.
Wonder where hearts got the compensation money from?
Loving the meltdown from united fans - claim they're a huge club but just lost their manager to a lower league team

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Seems Robbie knows his level.
Wonder where hearts got the compensation money from?
Loving the meltdown from united fans - claim they're a huge club but just lost their manager to a lower league team

TP... Money talks and Hearts have strong financial backing, should it be needed. There is still a bit to run in the reconstruction saga too. I wouldn't be too surprised if we finish up with 14.10.10.10 but only 1 automatic relegation spot from the top league with a play off for the second bottom team. 

Guest TPAFKATS
TP... Money talks and Hearts have strong financial backing, should it be needed. There is still a bit to run in the reconstruction saga too. I wouldn't be too surprised if we finish up with 14.10.10.10 but only 1 automatic relegation spot from the top league with a play off for the second bottom team. 
Aye money talks. The guy that Neilson has just replaced took a pay cut along with most players.

7 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Aye money talks. The guy that Neilson has just replaced took a pay cut along with most players.

It's more likely to do with the size of the club and the incredible training facilities Hearts have to offer.

In a year's time he'll have the budget of a team with 17k home fans instead of 7k.

He's also a Hearts man.

It looks odd taking the drop but Robbie is looking at the bigger picture and IMO he is doing the right thing. It's a no brainer actually.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
It's more likely to do with the size of the club and the incredible training facilities Hearts have to offer.

In a year's time he'll have the budget of a team with 17k home fans instead of 7k.

He's also a Hearts man.

It looks odd taking the drop but Robbie is looking at the bigger picture and IMO he is doing the right thing. It's a no brainer actually.

Makes him look unambitious and feart of the step up.

Makes united look like a Diddy club after last season when they and all the pundits were telling us they were Billy big bawz.

Makes me wonder where poor skint hearts get the cash.

All good amusement during the close season.

BTW, hearts don't own their own training ground.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Makes united look like a Diddy club after last season when they and all the pundits were telling us they were Billy big bawz.

I'm going with Oaksoft on this one but you are right that they don't own the training facilities they use. 

I may not be too fond of Hearts but they do pack their fans in in much bigger numbers that DU.

They have rich benefactors and, as I said, I'm not sure that reconstruction is off the agenda. Agreements are often reached on the doorstep of the court.

Edited by St.Ricky

I think I read somewhere that Hearts have been relegated more times than ourselves from the top division. Just goes to show money and a big fanbase doesn't guarantee you success. 

As for Neilson,  the fact the most Utd fans aren't bothered about losing him and alot of Hearts supporters are not too pleased with his appointment say it all. 

46 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Only if you don't step back and see the bigger picture.

I know Hearts don't own their own training ground but the facilities they do hire out are way ahead of what Utd can offer.

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Only if you don't step back and see the bigger picture.

I know Hearts don't own their own training ground but the facilities they do hire out are way ahead of what Utd can offer.

Dundee Utd also hire out and use St Andrews University. 

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I know but there's no comparison in facilities really. Heriot Watt is spectacular.

I worked on Campus there for a while advising the university on future thinking. The sports facilities are good. PS Falkirk also used the facilities of Stirling University, the leading sports University in the country. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm going with Oaksoft on this one but you are right that they don't own the training facilities they use. 
I may not be too fond of Hearts but they do pack their fans in in much bigger numbers that DU.
They have rich benefactors and, as I said, I'm not sure that reconstruction is off the agenda. Agreements are often reached on the doorstep of the court.
I'm not suggesting they don't have a bigger support than united.
Bigger clubs aren't always better though. He's swapped a club on its way back to top league for a yoyo club that was in administration around the the last time he was managing them.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm not suggesting they don't have a bigger support than united.
Bigger clubs aren't always better though. He's swapped a club on its way back to top league for a yoyo club that was in administration around the the last time he was managing them.

True. 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

So it looks like they've got a better deal than the £400k quoted there.

Just a thought. They paid £2.35m to have that facility built and that bought them the right to stay there for 25 years, at the end of which they'd have paid a further £10m in rent. Blimey. No wonder they got in trouble.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I worked on Campus there for a while advising the university on future thinking. The sports facilities are good. PS Falkirk also used the facilities of Stirling University, the leading sports University in the country. 

Yer some man Ricky :whistle Surprised Nicola's no had you on the 12-30 Coronavirus update yet ? or are you advising behind the scenes