Managerial Merry Go Round

St.Ricky

20 hours ago, antrin said:

Did his family move up to Aberdeen…?

(anyBuddie, itk?)

One of the many reasons the fans didn’t take to Jim was his refusal to move to the  city He had a flat but preferred to commute from What’s It Called rather than live there The Dons fans seen him as a weegie for this

When Aberdeen were travelling south for a match the team bus would pick him up at WIC and drop him back there on the way up the road I heard it described as a school trip that the headmaster joined half way through and killed any atmosphere the players had created on the journey This situation led to him being unpopular with the players as well as the fans

I would imagine he’ll be one of the favourites for the Thistle gig rather than the Motherwell one

One of the many reasons the fans didn’t take to Jim was his refusal to move to the  city He had a flat but preferred to commute from What’s It Called rather than live there The Dons fans seen him as a weegie for this
When Aberdeen were travelling south for a match the team bus would pick him up at WIC and drop him back there on the way up the road I heard it described as a school trip that the headmaster joined half way through and killed any atmosphere the players had created on the journey This situation led to him being unpopular with the players as well as the fans
I would imagine he’ll be one of the favourites for the Thistle gig rather than the Motherwell one

I've never heard of Kirkintilloch getting referred to as What's it Called. [emoji6]

2022/23 Managers
Celtic................Ange Postecoglou
Rangers............Gio Van Bronckhorst
..........................Michael Beale
Hearts...............Robbie Neilson
Hibs...................Lee Johnson
St Mirren...........Steve Robinson
Aberdeen..........Jim Goodwin
..........................?????
Livingston........Junkie Fraudster
St Johnstone....Callum Davidson
Motherwell.......Graeme Alexander
..........................Steven Hammell
Ross County.....Malky McKay
Kilmarnock.......Derek McInness
Dundee United..Jack Ross
...........................Liam Fox
...........................?????

On 2/12/2023 at 9:09 PM, Cumbriansaint72 said:

To be honest did really, really well with Luton maybe totally punching above their weight in championship but the gulf in standard of basically everything between Premier league and a very workmanlike championship team is frightening. He is a decent manager but too early for Premier league.

Will the Saints' fans already feel that Nathan Jones has been gone too long?

how long will he last at the arabs.

wage from arabs and payout from aberdeen will he still be motivated?
Only got job until end of season I would presume some clause if he keeps them up he gets a new contract if he doesn't he leaves and they start afresh in the seaside league.

Sent from my T671H using Tapatalk

Relatively risk free appointment for them . They are f**ked right now and Jim has a point to prove get it right and scrape through staying up it's a good move. They go down but with a big improvement he may get fans on board and behind him for a promotion tilt. Get it wrong and no improvement it's goodbye thanks for your efforts. 

Bigger risk for Jim. He needs this to rebuild his reputation.