Managerial Merry Go Round

St.Ricky

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Excellent news, now just Lampard to get rid of too!

Why Lampard?

I've a couple of Evertonian supporting mates and they love him, he's, seemingly, appreciated the strong family values that Everton hold dear and is pulling the support together? 

At this stage, and like many teams in their position, one win can catapult you up that league

They have dipped on the last few weeks and I suppose results are THE most important thing in football so time will tell.

So, that's 4 managers sacked in the top league, and we're only 10/11 games into a 38 game season.

4 from 20, 20%, quite a stat. 

Knee jerk reactions, the desire/need to stay in the league makes owners/directors nervy at the slightest drop in form. 

Supporters have also jumped aboard this bandwagon.

Be careful what you wish for.

Excellent news, now just Lampard to get rid of too!

I’m glad Gerrard got the boot.

Was at Leeds v Villa the other week and their tactics were appalling, my young sons said like an English Livingston

They didn’t come to play football, they spoiled the game, wasted time from as early as the 20th minute, going down easily for fouls/ breaking up play etc it was horrible to watch

f**k him

13 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Was at Leeds v Villa the other week and their tactics were appalling, my young sons said like an English Livingston

They didn’t come to play football, they spoiled the game, wasted time from as early as the 20th minute, going down easily for fouls/ breaking up play etc it was horrible to watch

f**k him

That MIGHT have been the case in that game but the stats don't back that up as Villa are sitting 9th in the teams that pass the ball, above leeds who are 13th.

Villa are also sitting 10th for shots at goal.

NO stats seem to back up your view on that game. 

Wouldn't be anything to do with him being an ex Rangers manager? 

Also the stats from THAT game suggest Leeds were lucky to get away with a point. 

image.thumb.png.946587e6b0b3856d0d97ad9f2563baca.png

Edited by faraway saint

34 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

f**k him

On the flip side of my first reply plenty of Villa fans, I had a quick look at their forum, have wanted Gerrard gone since the FIRST game of the season, a "The NEXT manager of Aston Villa" thread was started after that one game. 

The same fans are also slagging off John McGinn big time.

When things aren't going well there's no loyalty, only bitterness and anger. 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Why Lampard?

I've a couple of Evertonian supporting mates and they love him, he's, seemingly, appreciated the strong family values that Everton hold dear and is pulling the support together? 

At this stage, and like many teams in their position, one win can catapult you up that league

They have dipped on the last few weeks and I suppose results are THE most important thing in football so time will tell.

I bear no ill will to Everton at all, it's the lets get a big name former superstar mentality that gets my goat, I don't believe his record warrants the opportunities he's been given.

22 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I bear no ill will to Everton at all, it's the lets get a big name former superstar mentality that gets my goat, I don't believe his record warrants the opportunities he's been given.

We/they all had to start somewhere and Everton are only just above, IMO, the usual fodder in the top league.

Anyway, it's a tough gig, not going to be easy to prove himself in Liverpool. 

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The club are already preparing for his replacement should he choose to go. 

They have kept Shelley Kerrs contact details and will move in for her immediately if needed.