" White Lives Matter Burnley " Banner

shull

BLM is not about division, it's about trying to make a change to years of oppression that they have endured. 

Nobody’s is denying that , but for me if they stand alone in this , there in itself is the division

I just don’t see it like that , all lives matter and I’ve just not thought any different

Criminal damage, looting and violence doesn’t and shouldn’t gain respect

It’s easy really, we all matter

27 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

Nobody’s is denying that , but for me if they stand alone in this , there in itself is the division

I just don’t see it like that , all lives matter and I’ve just not thought any different

Criminal damage, looting and violence doesn’t and shouldn’t gain respect

It’s easy really, we all matter

They aren't standing alone in this latest movement- in most protests I've seen from every part of the world,  its been a mix of all ethnicity, colour and creed. 

They aren't standing alone in this latest movement- in most protests I've seen from every part of the world,  its been a mix of all ethnicity, colour and creed. 

Exactly, showing all lives matter

Astonishing though in 2020 this is still an issue, I doubt it will be fully resolved in my lifetime as there will always be those opposing change.

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe we wouldn't have nonsense like this banner if they had called the movement "Black Lives Matter Too".

The addition of that word would have helped I think.

As long as you have racists, you'll always have banners like the one last night. 

Maybe we wouldn't have nonsense like this banner if they had called the movement "Black Lives Matter Too".

Perhaps, but , to most civilised people, we all matter

I don’t think it’s offensive to say white lives matter in that banner it’s the exact wording of the BLM so are people’s honesty’s saying white people cant say the same ?

Sport is full of fantastic black players, athletes male and female

Golf/boxing/ athletics/Football/Tennis / F1 / American football / NBA etc etc

Tv - plenty of excellent black broadcasters & news anchors as well as actors , who doesn’t like Morgan Freeman , Will Smith etc ?

2 of my favourite news anchors Trevor Mcdonald , Moira Stuart

America had Barrack Obama in the White House ( I’d exclude Dianne Abbot on competence grounds as she’s a car crash of a politician )

Brilliant music artists male/female that are black

I think ALL songs that contain the N word and there’s thousands should be removed from all media platforms immediately - lets lose that as well

There is plenty of opportunities for all who work hard, times have moved on a lot from the old days thankfully, but sadly, still a work in progress

1 hour ago, Fricky-Troll said:

I don’t think it’s offensive to say white lives matter in that banner it’s the exact wording of the BLM so are people’s honesty’s saying white people cant say the same ?

Tv - plenty of excellent black broadcasters & news anchors as well as actors , who doesn’t like Morgan Freeman , Will Smith etc ?

America had Barrack Obama in the White House ( I’d exclude Dianne Abbot on competence grounds as she’s a car crash of a politician )

I think ALL songs that contain the N word and there’s thousands should be removed from all media platforms immediately - lets lose that as well

There is plenty of opportunities for all who work hard, times have moved on a lot from the old days thankfully, but sadly, still a work in progress

Nobody is disputing any of that.

The issue being raised is one where black people are not being treated equally.

The phrase BLM has given racists an opportunity to play the whataboutery card which distracts from the issues that black people are raising.

BLMT would not have had that effect IMO.

5 hours ago, Fricky-Troll said:

You would take it out 80% of rap songs by black musicians 

5 hours ago, Fricky-Troll said:

If the world is to move on we should not identify by colour of skin

Colour of skin is not the issue, the human race is...………..

If the world is to move on we should not identify by colour of skin
Colour of skin is not the issue, the human race is...………..

Completely agree, which is why I highlighted all the positive views I have & why I think we all matter. Drop the BLM , refocus, work together and identify as people not race or religion

3 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

Completely agree, which is why I highlighted all the positive views I have & why I think we all matter. Drop the BLM , refocus, work together and identify as people not race or religion

Now that would be lovely

But fly in face ever since we walked upright

Neanderthal man used to get picked on- ask Shull

If we are moving towards "All people matter",  then I guess we should quickly hurry along a few decades of proportional representation in business, jobs, in prison cells and policeman complacently kneeling on white necks for 9 minutes, despite whitey suggesting he can't breathe...

There is and has been institutional unfairness towards black people in the UK.  FOR EVER.

It would have perhaps been more linguistically perfect for someone to coin a catchy phrase like...  "Any unfairnesses in society are probably better seen as  a bit unfortunate as most people in the UK don't actually notice the shite around them.  They're alright, Jack"...

It won't work.

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

9 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

We haven't been able to "work together" in centuries, so what miracle do you see coming down the tracks?

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Conversely. I actually asked, when I saw the news this morning,  if that word had been added to the "white lives matter" banner, would that have received a different reaction.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would as there is so much hype that people in the public eye are afraid to offer an alternative message.

3 hours ago, antrin said:

If we are moving towards "All people matter",  then I guess we should quickly hurry along a few decades of proportional representation in business, jobs, in prison cells and policeman complacently kneeling on white necks for 9 minutes, despite whitey suggesting he can't breathe...

There is and has been institutional unfairness towards black people in the UK.  FOR EVER.

It would have perhaps been more linguistically perfect for someone to coin a catchy phrase like...  "Any unfairnesses in society are probably better seen as  a bit unfortunate as most people in the UK don't actually notice the shite around them.  They're alright, Jack"...

It won't work.

There's none so blind as those who will not see.

AUISAPBSAABUAMPITUDANTSAT your never going to get that on a t-shirt