" White Lives Matter Burnley " Banner

shull

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, stlucifer said:
I think this sums it up for me.

104634733_1126753244391242_709024597641978929_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109%26_nc_sid=110474%26_nc_ohc=Q0hVmem9DYYAX-pbSxm%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx%26_nc_tp=7%26oh=9177c1a1dc6279f0635c3b29dea96674%26oe=5F170045&key=e7d4257e1d829a58e3937135c8ed3fe2d585e4a69bcf3105da73382f5c1b5e64

Have you sought out his views on black lives matter?

I'm sure he feels exactly the same as me. Black lives do matter. But so too do ALL lives.

Edited by stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS
I'm sure he feels exactly the same as me. Black lives do matter. But so too do ALL lives.

This is what Morgan said himself last week in an interview on Tv
This guy? Screenshot_20200623_225800_com.instagram.android.jpeg

This guy? Screenshot_20200623_225800_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpeg.4741bfed2ecb58462fcc49fdc986f713.jpeg

Yes, this guy. If he chooses to contradict himself after a tv interview ? Doesn’t change the fact he said it,

How about this : BLM leader Shaun King tweeted :

‘all murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus and his European Mother and their white friends should also come down.They are a gross form of White Supremacy.Created as tools of oppression and racist propaganda.They should all come down’

Wow , Jesus is a racist ? So , all churches & chapels & god loving people are on the racist list ?

f**king nonsense , go read the BLM crap

ETA: @shaunking

20 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

Yes, this guy. If he chooses to contradict himself after a tv interview ? Doesn’t change the fact he said it,

‘all murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus and his European Mother and their white friends should also come down.They are a gross form of White Supremacy.Created as tools of oppression and racist propaganda.They should all come down’

Wow , Jesus is a racist ? So , all churches & chapels & god loving people are on the racist list ?

As you’re aware, it’s the flawed, erroneous, plain-wrong portrayal of that historical figure - Jesus - that is being criticised, here.  As it has been for a long, long time.  Not the alleged morality underpinning his/Christian philosophy.

No one disputes the potentially positive societal use of much of the sermons and lectures of that character from the New Testament.  It’s simply that, of all the ways he might have looked, White, Anglo Saxon Protestant cool guy Is the most unlikely of all. (Except far-eastern, maybe).  He is depicted as a white leader.

Christian Religion ( it’s deferred gratification of a happy life till after you die) has been offered to the oppressed and poor for centuries as panacea for the injustices inflicted on them in this life.

it's understandable that the rich buildings and their trappings would be regarded with fear and anger by a suppressed underclass.

Edited by antrin

Guest TPAFKATS

You think he contradicted himself. Doesn't mean he did.
At worst he changed his opinion on something. The original comment you posted is over 10 years old and you've chosen to interpret it as contradicting the current protests. I don't believe it does as he says he belueves black history should always matter, same as white history does - not just for a month.

At worst he changed his opinion on something. The original comment you posted is over 10 years old and you've chosen to interpret it as contradicting the current protests. I don't believe it does as he says he belueves black history should always matter, same as white history does - not just for a month.

Oh, I watched it last week on tv , didn’t realise it was an old comment.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The USA (and especially the South) would not be what it is today without the exploitation of slaves from Africa.  Blacks are an integral part of American History.  They were the most exploited of the working Class, they fought in the Civil War and disproportionately in  every US war fought after that one.  They disproportionately are underprivileged, poor and over-represented in the prison population.

A Black History MONTH would be risible.

ANY telling of American history can't be attempted without understanding the huge part Blacks have played in it.

Edited by antrin

20 minutes ago, antrin said:

The USA (and especially the South) would not be what it is today without the exploitation of slaves from Africa.  Blacks are an integral part of American History.  They were the most exploited of the working Class, they fought in the Civil War and disproportionately in  every US war fought after that one.  They disproportionately are underprivileged, poor and over-represented in the prison population.

A Black History MONTH would be risible.

ANY telling of American history can't be attempted without understanding the huge part Blacks have played in it.

Can only agree

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Tell that to the US police departments.

It's went way beyond the US though. If it were only a protest about police brutality then your statement may have held some water but it isn't. It's become a far more all encompassing campaign. It's no longer only about police brutality. It's about every aspect of life. Even if it were only about the deaths at the hands of those in authority it does happen to people of other colours. No matter the ratio. The killing of one person unlawfully by the police of any country matters just as much. No matter the colour.

Just now, stlucifer said:

It's went way beyond the US though. If it were only a protest about police brutality then your statement may have held some water but it isn't. It's become a far more all encompassing campaign. It's no longer only about police brutality. It's about every aspect of life. Even if it were only about the deaths at the hands of those in authority it does happen to people of other colours. No matter the ratio. The killing of one person unlawfully by the police of any country matters just as much. No matter the colour.

This is about the treatment of black people in society. Ingrained discrimination.

I don't know why everyone is so keen to divert attention from this.