" White Lives Matter Burnley " Banner

shull

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

This is about the treatment of black people in society. Ingrained discrimination.

I don't know why everyone is so keen to divert attention from this.

No surprise you won't accept this as you have a tradition of intransigence. Black people are not the only ones who are targeted. History is strewn with examples of intolerance to other races. Not diverting. Expanding.

19 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

No surprise you won't accept this as you have a tradition of intransigence. Black people are not the only ones who are targeted. History is strewn with examples of intolerance to other races. Not diverting. Expanding.

Have you looked at data showing relative rates of death by demographic?

Suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time.......................not feeling so good about it now. :rolleyes:

We've done some work for the company he worked for. :blink:

The man who was responsible for the "white lives matter" banner flown above a football game has been sacked from his job at an engineering firm.

Burnley supporter Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision on Wednesday.

According to Sky News sports correspondent Martha Kelner, his girlfriend has also had her employment terminated in relation to posts she made on social media.

Suppose it seemed like a good idea at the time.......................not feeling so good about it now. :rolleyes:
We've done some work for the company he worked for. :blink:

The man who was responsible for the "white lives matter" banner flown above a football game has been sacked from his job at an engineering firm.

Burnley supporter Jake Hepple, 24, was dismissed from Lancashire-based Paradigm Precision on Wednesday.

According to Sky News sports correspondent Martha Kelner, his girlfriend has also had her employment terminated in relation to posts she made on social media.

The police said we have no desire to speak to him as no crime was committed also.

Do all the black people caught on camera doing criminal damage looting and violence defacing Churchill statue etc get sacked ?

Perhaps the ‘cause’ was good justification

Like you’ve said , this can be spun any which way , just a shame in 2020 it’s even an issue

5 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

The police said we have no desire to speak to him as no crime was committed also.

Do all the black people caught on camera doing criminal damage looting and violence defacing Churchill statue etc get sacked ?

Perhaps the ‘cause’ was good justification

Like you’ve said , this can be spun any which way , just a shame in 2020 it’s even an issue

Could be he was a fud anyway and this was an excuse, although I'd be interested to see what employment law would make of this, depending on what his company actually stated as the reason? 

Following Mr Hepple's dismissal, a spokesperson for Paradigm Precision said: "We have concluded our investigation into the conduct of one of our employees in relation to an incident at the Burnley vs Manchester City match, as well as other related matters.

"We have concluded that there has been a breach of the company's various policies and procedures. The individual no longer works for the company."

Edited by faraway saint

Streams of racist posts and activity.
a pal of Yaxley-Lennon with pix as pals.
same with his bint. 

the company won’t tolerate racism.

I think it’s acceptable to offload an employee for any type of misconduct, except, the banner wasn’t racism it was portrayed as such though.

Oaksoft made a really good point when he said, perhaps if the word ‘too’ was added then it would make the point but soften the negative impact?

Guest TPAFKATS

Usual whataboutery coming through, including a new approach that as there's been loads of racism and xenophobia in history we shouldn't be campaigning against it towards black people now.

Quite remarkable as David Coleman might have said.

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Usual whataboutery coming through, including a new approach that as there's been loads of racism and xenophobia in history we shouldn't be campaigning against it towards black people now.

Quite remarkable as David Coleman might have said.

Keep your eyes out for a cab stoating about the Southside of Glesgae with a flaming cross on top of it

11 hours ago, Fricky-Troll said:

I think it’s acceptable to offload an employee for any type of misconduct, except, the banner wasn’t racism it was portrayed as such though.

Oaksoft made a really good point when he said, perhaps if the word ‘too’ was added then it would make the point but soften the negative impact?

Not trying to be pedantic but, Oaksoft DIDN'T make that point. He suggested that adding the word "too" to the black lives mattered may change thinking. I asked that, if that word had been added to the banner, would it have made it less offensive to those with a voice and I suggested it wouldn't because it's like the emperor's new clothes scenario. This has become so polarised that anyone who even suggests the problem exists for more than just blacks is shot down.

Not trying to be pedantic but, Oaksoft DIDN'T make that point. He suggested that adding the word "too" to the black lives mattered may change thinking. I asked that, if that word had been added to the banner, would it have made it less offensive to those with a voice and I suggested it wouldn't because it's like the emperor's new clothes scenario. This has become so polarised that anyone who even suggests the problem exists for more than just blacks is shot down.

Then you both have a good point, but overall, the fact remains, it’s ridiculous that these things are still an issue in 2020

32 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

Then you both have a good point, but overall, the fact remains, it’s ridiculous that these things are still an issue in 2020

As with sectarianism. As fans we shouldn't discriminate and should set an example by welcoming the visiting fans of our two biggest clubs. 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

As with sectarianism. As fans we shouldn't discriminate and should set an example by welcoming the visiting fans of our two biggest clubs. 

Those two use sectarianism as an excuse to exist. Nowhere near the same. 

55 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

I totally agree. I go back to what I've said from day one. ALL LIVES MTTER. (except for the online virtual life of shurly of course).

Guest TPAFKATS
Too far

Guest TPAFKATS
I totally agree. I go back to what I've said from day one. ALL LIVES MTTER. (except for the online virtual life of shurly of course).
You are literally arguing that although there is institutional racism resulting in inequality to one group, we have to campaign for all lives equally in order to get them equality.

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Too far

Not far enough. Lead by example 

16 hours ago, stlucifer said:

15 hours ago, Fricky-Troll said:

Yes, I was making the point about BLM adding the word "too".

I wasn't referring to that WLM banner at all.

It absolutely IS ridiculous that it's still an issue. Most of us don't need to have this equality stuff rammed down our throats but black people are telling the rest of the world through BLM that they are being routinely subject to racism, abuse and all forms of discrimination that the rest of society don't have to deal with. We can either listen and help or we can say "yeah but what about white lives" and do nothing to help them. It's our choice.

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Those two use sectarianism as an excuse to exist. Nowhere near the same. 

Honestly, it beggars belief that he's comparing people being shot in the US due to racism with Saints fans not wanting OF fans in our family stand at home games.

He's just trolling because I refuse to believe he is that stupid.

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yes, I was making the point about BLM adding the word "too".

I wasn't referring to that WLM banner at all.

It absolutely IS ridiculous that it's still an issue. Most of us don't need to have this equality stuff rammed down our throats but black people are telling the rest of the world through BLM that they are being routinely subject to racism, abuse and all forms of discrimination that the rest of society don't have to deal with. We can either listen and help or we can say "yeah but what about white lives" and do nothing to help them. It's our choice.

We absolutely agree that it's ridiculous it's even an issue in these supposedly enlightened times. Kids notice the colour of skin as much as they notice the colour of hair unless they are taught otherwise. My gripe is that the difference is being highlighted through this campaign as it is definitely singling out one section of society. The only way forward is to accept that the colour of your skin isn't the only thing that causes discrimination. This doesn't detract from the injustices of the past. We need to move forward, not look back, while ensuring the injustices of the past are not forgotten. The danger of the black lives matter movement, no matter the merits of it, is that it divides. There are far more things that unify us. This should be the message.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

We absolutely agree that it's ridiculous it's even an issue in these supposedly enlightened times. Kids notice the colour of skin as much as they notice the colour of hair unless they are taught otherwise. My gripe is that the difference is being highlighted through this campaign as it is definitely singling out one section of society. The only way forward is to accept that the colour of your skin isn't the only thing that causes discrimination. This doesn't detract from the injustices of the past. We need to move forward, not look back, while ensuring the injustices of the past are not forgotten. The danger of the black lives matter movement, no matter the merits of it, is that it divides. There are far more things that unify us. This should be the message.

It's not about looking backwards.

It's about raising awareness of present day racism.

I agree we need to sort racism out, but the drive to sanitise history is wrong, every country has a period in its past that was by its very nature of its time, it needs to be put in context not hidden away, explaining how benefactors came to have the wealth they used and putting it in context warts and all is much healthier than pretending it never happened.