Possible Terrorist Attack Glasgow City Centre

HSS

Guest TPAFKATS
3 dead from stabbing.Attacker shot dead by police. 
6 in hospital including one police officer, 1 dead, the assailant.
According to official reports.

A male suspect has been shot dead by police amid reports three people were stabbed to death in a hotel in Glasgow city centre.

Six people were injured in the incident on West George Street, including a police officer who is in a critical condition, Police Scotland assistant chief constable Steve Johnson confirmed.

He said: “The individual who was shot by armed police has died. Six other people are in hospital for treatment to their injuries including a police officer, who is in a critical but stable condition.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/06/26/glasgow-stabbing-armed-police-reportedly-seen-storming-hotel/

Edited by faraway saint

It's looking like the police response time and action was as good as it could have been.

Thankfully incidents like this are rare in Scotland, but it's reassuring that the police were able to respond in a very prompt manner.

Is it a coincidence this is just days after a similar stabbing incident in Reading? 

Let's hope it stays as an isolated incident. 

14 hours ago, FTOF said:

Horrific it was. I know the location well. Having seen it on TV it is right next door to where I had an office. 

Not very far from a large police station, Stewart Street, I think. . Good, quick response. There will obviously be an investigation into shooting the suspect rather than e.g. Tasering him. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Horrific it was. I know the location well. Having seen it on TV it is right next door to where I had an office. 

Not very far from a large police station, Stewart Street, I think. . Good, quick response. There will obviously be an investigation into shooting the suspect rather than e.g. Tasering him. 

:lol:

What abut giving the wee pet a fecking cuddle instead of shooting him  ?

Ricky. Do you believe the Police were too heavy handed WRT how they dealt with the situation?
One Policeman stabbed, multiple other victims so the police I imagine faced with a rampaging knife wielding maniac. Personally speaking, I believe they were totally justified in using deadly force. The officer would have had a split second decision to negate further threat.
I remember the incident in London where the guy decked the alleged terrorist with a whale bone. The police moved in and shot the terrorist dead. Anyone carrying out such attacks should expect that same outcome.
No doubt we’ll see protests about police over reaction/brutality etc. I sincerely hope we’re not going to follow the current trend from idiots calling for defunding the Police.

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

The incident will be investigated as deaths involving police officers are rightly required to be, it will be found to be justified and the officers involved will praised for their swift response as is only right.

I don't disagree. 

I wonder only why tasering, which was much heralded on its introduction, seems to be used so little to subdue those armed with knives or considered dangerous. 

Tasers are used quite a lot........................:rolleyes:

23,000 in a year. :lol:

The use of Taser stun guns by police and England and Wales reached a record high last year, Home Office figures show. They were deployed in 23,000 incidents in the 12 months to the end of March - up by more than a third on the previous year and double the 2016 total.

Guest TPAFKATS
I don't disagree. 
I wonder only why tasering, which was much heralded on its introduction, seems to be used so little to subdue those armed with knives or considered dangerous. 
The proportion of officers carrying teasers in Scotland is relatively low. Once the situation had escalated beyond the initial responders then it was an armed situation.

The proportion of officers carrying teasers in Scotland is relatively low. Once the situation had escalated beyond the initial responders then it was an armed situation.

The officers would have entered the building with their weapons raised, if it was deemed safe to lower and use a taser they would have, It wasn't, they didn't, they saved lives. Investigation over, carry on folks. [emoji106]

Just said on the News, that the murdering arsehole had been angry prior to his attack on innocents. 

Aw, fecking bless him 

All sortit now pet. 

He ain't angry anymore. 

Prick. 

The officers would have entered the building with their weapons raised, if it was deemed safe to lower and use a taser they would have, It wasn't, they didn't, they saved lives. Investigation over, carry on folks. [emoji106]
BBC News - Glasgow stabbings: Police Taser failed to disable knife attacker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-53222031

They actually did try and taser him first. [emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...