How do you travel to games?

I noticed that one of the worries about crowds coming back to games was said to be that a lot of fans used public transport to get to games. Free parking around most stadiums isn't always easy to find as a lot travel by car. I travel by car with 2 or 3 others and meet up with another another 2 or three who also travelled by car. I guess younger folks might travel by bus or train. I don't see many taxis dropping folks off at the ground. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If I haven't been able to do then I do the same. Question.. Is there much demand for taxis to take people to our games? 

Dunno, I don't work in Paisley. 

I would guess, quite a few would get a Taxi from the Pubs around 2.45 onwards. 

There are either 2 or 4 who travel together in my car... From 2 or 4 different households!

As things stand, we wouldn't be able to travel to the games together.

Even if we got there... Our seats are side by side with no spaces... So how do we sit close enough to chat yet far apart enough to stay safe?

I use a mixture of car and public transport. Because I live a good distance from the ground, I do the first 25 miles by car, then I have a choice of either bus or train into Glasgow, then train from Central to St. James. However, when we're allowed back into the stadium, I'll have to drive the whole journey. Not keen on going back onto public transport in the near future.

On the Saturdays when Buddies are away, I listen faithfully to Sportsound and Open All Mics.

BTW Ricky, I'm a Senior Citizen, so it's not only young folk who use public transport.

7 hours ago, pondsman said:

I use a mixture of car and public transport. Because I live a good distance from the ground, I do the first 25 miles by car, then I have a choice of either bus or train into Glasgow, then train from Central to St. James. However, when we're allowed back into the stadium, I'll have to drive the whole journey. Not keen on going back onto public transport in the near future.

On the Saturdays when Buddies are away, I listen faithfully to Sportsound and Open All Mics.

BTW Ricky, I'm a Senior Citizen, so it's not only young folk who use public transport.

Thanks Pondsman. Another OAP here. Car, train and Shanks's pony. Quote a journey. I'd feel the same way about public transport right now. I'm pretty lucky as one of my sons lives locally and is happy now to do the driving I take a parking spot at the ground so he has no worries over parking and repay him by taking him into the 1877 Club where we meet up with his brother and my grandson. Two other pals either meet us there or in the ground depending on time. One of them has a house in Leeds and in the borders, so either way it's a long journey for him. Not surprisingly, he's not at every game. 

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

There are either 2 or 4 who travel together in my car... From 2 or 4 different households!

As things stand, we wouldn't be able to travel to the games together.

Even if we got there... Our seats are side by side with no spaces... So how do we sit close enough to chat yet far apart enough to stay safe?

A good question BEK. 

Anybodies guess at present. 

Possibly only season ticket holders allowed in to start with. Say 3000 out of 8000 seats. 

A good question BEK. 
Anybodies guess at present. 
Possibly only season ticket holders allowed in to start with. Say 3000 out of 8000 seats. 
I'd imagine so... But with most of the ST holders being in groups, most folk will have to move to allow social distancing.