Pre Season Friendlies

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What does that mean in terms of changes?

Possibly not - it says 15 people can meet outside with distancing. 

Cant see anything about team sport. 

Usual from us - squad not as nearly complete as we would like and we are starting friendlies on Monday. Ok 1 maybe 2 may sign today or tomorrow - but we need another 5 right now !

Team for Monday

ALNWICK

TAIT           BAIRD          McCARTHY             ERHAHON

SHERON

MacPHERSON          FOLEY                DURMUS

MORIAS                               OBIKA

Subs  Lyness,  K & N MacAllister, McGrath,  Breadner, Henderson, Jack, Jaimeson   (5 young lads here not including Kyle)

Still need a CB, LB and LM, Striker x 2 but we are ok for RW and CM - any bets we sign more CM's ?

To return Flynn and Magennis

40 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
3 hours ago, munoz said:
Possibly not - it says 15 people can meet outside with distancing. 
Cant see anything about team sport. 

The resumption of professional team sport was in phase 2.

Maybe so , but Goodwin said in the press that he was awaiting an announcement from the Scottish Government today with regards to the game with Hibs. 

Edited by munoz

4 hours ago, munoz said:

Maybe so , but Goodwin said in the press that he was awaiting an announcement from the Scottish Government today with regards to the game with Hibs. 

Someone posted to say that permission has been given for the game. Haven't seen it myself. 

Usual from us - squad not as nearly complete as we would like and we are starting friendlies on Monday. Ok 1 maybe 2 may sign today or tomorrow - but we need another 5 right now !
Team for Monday
                                                                 ALNWICK
                                 TAIT           BAIRD          McCARTHY             ERHAHON
                                                               SHERON
                            MacPHERSON          FOLEY                DURMUS
                  MORIAS                               OBIKA
Subs  Lyness,  K & N MacAllister, McGrath,  Breadner, Henderson, Jack, Jaimeson   (5 young lads here not including Kyle)

Still need a CB, LB and LM, Striker x 2 but we are ok for RW and CM - any bets we sign more CM's ?
To return Flynn and Magennis

Almost in total agreement. For me, at an absolute minimum we need:

LB (or RB depending on where we play Tait)
2 x CB
2 x Strikers

Shaughnessy and Jakubiak would go a long way to making me very happy, but the longer the silence continues, the less likely those deals look. Hope I’m wrong though.

11 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Almost in total agreement. For me, at an absolute minimum we need:

LB (or RB depending on where we play Tait)
2 x CB
2 x Strikers

Shaughnessy and Jakubiak would go a long way to making me very happy, but the longer the silence continues, the less likely those deals look. Hope I’m wrong though.

I would agree with that. 

Plenty folk critical of Erhahon at LB. There were a number of games Ethan was solid there under Oran. And against the OF too. Yes he had some poorer moments, but players all make mistakes.

Ethan is still young and has no doubt improved and bulked up a bit. If he gets the encouragement and support from central defense and midfield AND the fans, I think he may well surprise many of us.   time will tell

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Plenty folk critical of Erhahon at LB. There were a number of games Ethan was solid there under Oran. And against the OF too. Yes he had some poorer moments, but players all make mistakes.

Ethan is still young and has no doubt improved and bulked up a bit. If he gets the encouragement and support from central defense and midfield AND the fans, I think he may well surprise many of us.   time will tell

Ethan has plenty of natural footballing ability and should be competing in a midfield role this coming season. He just needs to add a bit of aggression in his play to become the next of our academy 'discoveries'.

Similarly, Jack Baird should also be ready to compete for one of the CB positions. However, he needs to improve his distribution and concentration.

Ethan has plenty of natural footballing ability and should be competing in a midfield role this coming season. He just needs to add a bit of aggression in his play to become the next of our academy 'discoveries'.
Similarly, Jack Baird should also be ready to compete for one of the CB positions. However, he needs to improve his distribution and concentration.

Both Erhahon and Baird were out on loan last season.
I believe Baird was CB at Morton, but I don’t know which position Erhahon played at Barnsley.
I didn’t see either of them play, so I’ve no idea if they’ve improved or not. Or whether they’re ready for a starting slot in our 1st team.

Glad they’re both being given the chance to prove themselves. Time will tell