Blue Bigots v Saints

FTOF

39 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Anyone got any thoughts on the actual game tomorrow?

Aye after reading Mondays newspapers (thanks to being a new member of the illuminati) it will be 1-1.

Sun Report - "Thor rescues buddies with a thunderbolt from the blue"

Record - "Big hammer blow to rangers title chance after Thor's thunderous strike"

The Bears Den - "Lucky St Boo should have been 4-0 down by halftime. Going to be having a word with Dallas and fellow tory Douglas Ross next time I see them at the lodge."

Aye after reading Mondays newspapers (thanks to being a new member of the illuminati) it will be 1-1.

Sun Report - "Thor rescues buddies with a thunderbolt from the blue"
Record - "Big hammer blow to rangers title chance after Thor's thunderous strike"
The Bears Den - "Lucky St Boo should have been 4-0 down by halftime. Going to be having a word with Dallas and fellow tory Douglas Ross next time I see them at the lodge."

It’ll be interesting to see how SEVCO perform without the 50,000 behind them.

14 hours ago, antrin said:

Double apologies.  :)

I have no need to be surprised.

You admit it in your next post.

Rangers is deid.

Has been since 2012.

Only a true-blue follow-follower would still imagine otherwise.

Antrin,

i know from your posts and your history back to the old Saints Online Guestbook that you are like myself, a man of mature years. I think you are probably even more “mature” than me.

i will also confess to be a fan of most of your work on this forum. I think we share a lot of similar views. 

How is it therefore, that every post you make on the subject of “The Rangers” (or as those of us who live in the real world call them, Rangers), sounds like it’s coming from a petulant child who refuses to accept the fact that despite their view being the actual reality, no one else believes it. Rangers football club don’t believe it, Rangers fans don’t believe it and most importantly Scottish Football doesn’t believe it, otherwise they’d have been stripped of all their titles. 
you stamping your feet like a spoilt brat won’t change a thing. 
I grew up in a Protestant family, but very much a St. Mirren family. Despite being Protestant, to a man we were incredibly anti Rangers. Perhaps even more so than Celtic. I have no idea why that was, but let’s just say I am far from an apologist for Rangers.. I probably despise the f**kers as much as you do, but I’m here to tell you one thing. They are still Rangers. They still have all their honours and they always will have. 

Antrin,
i know from your posts and your history back to the old Saints Online Guestbook that you are like myself, a man of mature years. I think you are probably even more “mature” than me.
i will also confess to be a fan of most of your work on this forum. I think we share a lot of similar views. 
How is it therefore, that every post you make on the subject of “The Rangers” (or as those of us who live in the real world call them, Rangers), sounds like it’s coming from a petulant child who refuses to accept the fact that despite their view being the actual reality, no one else believes it. Rangers football club don’t believe it, Rangers fans don’t believe it and most importantly Scottish Football doesn’t believe it, otherwise they’d have been stripped of all their titles. 
you stamping your feet like a spoilt brat won’t change a thing. 
I grew up in a Protestant family, but very much a St. Mirren family. Despite being Protestant, to a man we were incredibly anti Rangers. Perhaps even more so than Celtic. I have no idea why that was, but let’s just say I am far from an apologist for Rangers.. I probably despise the f**kers as much as you do, but I’m here to tell you one thing. They are still Rangers. They still have all their honours and they always will have. 
On this matter, I am 100% in agreement with Antrin, and here's why (just my tuppence worth):

When Rangers (the company) went into administration, Rangers (the club) accepted the points deduction without any "different entities" talk. To me, this amounts to an acceptance that they were one and the same thing. The only time the "different entities" stuff came up was when they were looking for an excuse that their club wasn't dead. The new company were transfered the "share" in the SPL/League that the old company held and bought the ground etc from the old company. The club wasn't exactly sold as a going concern, i.e. a business that is operating and making a profit. Just because a team called Rangers was allowed in (bypassing other more deserving teams who had been adhering to the rules for years waiting to get in) is irrelevant to the matter. Whether the SPL/League/SFA/SPFL/UEFA/FIFA agree(d) or not, IMO, this is a different club. Just because someone else says that something is the case, it doesn't mean that I have to accept that their opinion is correct.

Airdrie Utd/Airdrieonians only started claiming the old Airdrieonians history after Rangers/Sevco got away with what they did. IMO, it's made a total mockery of our national game.

Let's face it, if it hadn't been one of the two arsecheeks, there wouldn't be any argument about whether or not they were dead, they would just be dead.

9 minutes ago, Slarti said:

On this matter, I am 100% in agreement with Antrin, and here's why (just my tuppence worth):

When Rangers (the company) went into administration, Rangers (the club) accepted the points deduction without any "different entities" talk. To me, this amounts to an acceptance that they were one and the same thing. The only time the "different entities" stuff came up was when they were looking for an excuse that their club wasn't dead. The new company were transfered the "share" in the SPL/League that the old company held and bought the ground etc from the old company. The club wasn't exactly sold as a going concern, i.e. a business that is operating and making a profit. Just because a team called Rangers was allowed in (bypassing other more deserving teams who had been adhering to the rules for years waiting to get in) is irrelevant to the matter. Whether the SPL/League/SFA/SPFL/UEFA/FIFA agree(d) or not, IMO, this is a different club. Just because someone else says that something is the case, it doesn't mean that I have to accept that their opinion is correct.

Airdrie Utd/Airdrieonians only started claiming the old Airdrieonians history after Rangers/Sevco got away with what they did. IMO, it's made a total mockery of our national game.

Let's face it, if it hadn't been one of the two arsecheeks, there wouldn't be any argument about whether or not they were dead, they would just be dead.

I think you’re missing my point Slarti me old chum. I don’t disagree with you in the slightest.

My point is that f**k all will change, Rangers still have all their honours and they are still regarded by everyone in the “football world” as Rangers. No amount of bleating like big spoilt weans is going to change any of that, so let’s just shut the f**k up and get on with it. Hopefully next time they will f**k themselves beyond all repair. 

I think you’re missing my point Slarti me old chum. I don’t disagree with you in the slightest.
My point is that f**k all will change, Rangers still have all their honours and they are still regarded by everyone in the “football world” as Rangers. No amount of bleating like big spoilt weans is going to change any of that, so let’s just shut the f**k up and get on with it. Hopefully next time they will f**k themselves beyond all repair. 
I don't care about what someone's personal choice of pronoun is either, I'll still call them he or she as I see it, same with Sevco, even if they want to be called Rangers, even if "those in authority" tell me different. Just my opinion, I'm not trying to force anyone to comply but I may point out their mistake now and again. :)

4 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Anyone got any thoughts on the actual game tomorrow?

Well i reckon nobody will need to pay to watch the game. 

With a lack of live football at the moment, surely Hesgoal and Skorlive will have the game on. 

Both had the Accies game today and 1 thing i did noticed was the home support in the stand was larger than normal for them :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I wish you would take the time to read what is written before spouting pish.

Where did I even suggest he didn't have the right to watch the game? Where did I suggest it mattered to me? I simply corrected him when he said he was supporting Saint Mirren by watching it through the blue bigots channel. Quite clearly he isn't. 

I think Mr Grumpy Pants needs to calm doon a wee bit.

Fair enough, TPAFKA  Jersey

I accept your pov and I had underlined and stressed that distressing pov,  pointing out that no matter how many people are convinced by the SMSM's lies and not referring to the truth of the matter  - it is all still a huge untruth.

I know it seems depressing, but you don't need to go along with lies.  Your head is still free to decide despite what shite is constantly churned out. (not by me...)

Up is not Down.

Black is not White (unless it's an away kit)

Dead is not alive, in business as in life.

I know that I'm not alone in persisting with pointing out those lies.  And I honestly believe that, in due course, the truth will become the general view.

No one on here believed me when I stated that the EBT cheating Rangers was going to die.  And, here.... guess what... it did.

Not as swiftly as I'd hoped at the time, I must confess. 

The current outfit is as solid as Whyte's Rangers was.     So I doubt the tainted  "honours" will be passed on to the next iteration.

Despite the establishment and the SMSM all sucking the bluenose boaby, I know that the vast majority of Scots fitba fans don't believe it's the same club.  And I want to help the next generation keep that truth alive.

Many Celtic fans are patiently trying to get their club to come clean about the dirty part Celtic played in the whole shady affair.

I am not going to predict when the truth will prevail, but I'm also not going to walk away from that basic flaw in current Scottish fitba.

Just to spoil things... I do predict a win for Saints tomorrow.  I like the look of our team and the ground will be a hollow, empty shell for their players, with no one needing to be up to their knees in blood  -it'll be just  another game....

It’s pretty simple in all this I’ll be watching the game tomorrow on rangers tv as a st mirren FAN, when the grounds open back up I will be a SUPPORTER. When I go to away games I will also be a SUPPORTER. I don’t care who’s pockets getting lined, I pay for my entertainment and that is watching my team. 

folk are warped with the lining the OF pockets patter honestly 😂

11 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Wrong again, you're having a nightmare.  :lol:

Ricky is back. 😂😂😂

If you've found another platform to watch the game without money going to the deid club then well done but you're still not supporting Saint Mirren. Unless you're giving Saints a fee for watching.

6 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

He who throws the first stone?

You launched into "full on" mode about me lining pockets when, at no point did I say I was.

You've also, conveniently, failed to quote others who ARE wanting to watch their team by paying for Rangers TV. 

Wind your neck in. 😂😂😂

Nope. You said you would be supporting Saints. I simply pointed out you were NOT SUPPORTING Saint Mirren by watching the game on telly. You would be paying the rangers money if  you were watching on their  platform. IF you manage to find some other way of watching the match live then you would still NOT be supporting Saint Mirren. The necks that seem stretched are elsewhere. Hope this idiot proof explanation helps.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

Fair enough, TPAFKA  Jersey

I accept your pov and I had underlined and stressed that distressing pov,  pointing out that no matter how many people are convinced by the SMSM's lies and not referring to the truth of the matter  - it is all still a huge untruth.

I know it seems depressing, but you don't need to go along with lies.  Your head is still free to decide despite what shite is constantly churned out. (not by me...)

Up is not Down.

Black is not White (unless it's an away kit)

Dead is not alive, in business as in life.

I know that I'm not alone in persisting with pointing out those lies.  And I honestly believe that, in due course, the truth will become the general view.

No one on here believed me when I stated that the EBT cheating Rangers was going to die.  And, here.... guess what... it did.

Not as swiftly as I'd hoped at the time, I must confess. 

The current outfit is as solid as Whyte's Rangers was.     So I doubt the tainted  "honours" will be passed on to the next iteration.

Despite the establishment and the SMSM all sucking the bluenose boaby, I know that the vast majority of Scots fitba fans don't believe it's the same club.  And I want to help the next generation keep that truth alive.

Many Celtic fans are patiently trying to get their club to come clean about the dirty part Celtic played in the whole shady affair.

I am not going to predict when the truth will prevail, but I'm also not going to walk away from that basic flaw in current Scottish fitba.

Just to spoil things... I do predict a win for Saints tomorrow.  I like the look of our team and the ground will be a hollow, empty shell for their players, with no one needing to be up to their knees in blood  -it'll be just  another game....

You would like to think most Scottish fitba fans felt that way, but i genuinely think it is their very ambivalence that has allowed the situation to persist. Remember how powerful the fans were in getting them booted out the Premiership. If they had also wanted them stripped of all their titles and forced to be regarded as a new club, they could have achieved that (and by the way it would have been funny as f**k). But in reality, no one was really that bothered when it came down to it.

I learned in 2014 not to waste any more of my precious hours on this planet trying to beat a MSM and a system that can’t be beaten. 

As for the game, I’ll be watching it on. IPTV so not only will I not be putting any cash in their coffers, I also feel a wee bit like I’m stealing cash from them. 👍

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

28 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I knew you wouldn't have it in you to acknowledge you'd fcuked up.

You mentioned me "paying" and similar terms on numerous occasions yet here you are splitting hairs on "supporting" my team.

I'll hive you some credit, you have lowered yourself to "loony from London's" level claiming I'm a Rangers supporter. 

Back in your box. 

Firstly. The discussion was about watching the game on the rangers platform. You DIDN'T suggest you'd be watching it any other way.

secondly. You claimed you'd be supporting Saint Mirren by doing so. I interceded to explain that wouldn't be supporting Saints.

Thirdly. Me thinks you doth protest too much. I never once accused you of BEING a the rangers supporter. 

40 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

No wonder this site is dying on its arse. People being criticised for watching a st mirren game.

Let me get this straight. I'm not criticising long john for watching the game. I'm merely pointing out that, in doing so on the box out with the St. Mirren platform, he is not SUPPORTING St. Mirren. I stand by my opinion that, if you watch it on the rangers channel, you're effectively supporting them. They get all the benefits. Saints get none.

Let me get this straight. I'm not criticising long john for watching the game. I'm merely pointing out that, in doing so on the box out with the St. Mirren platform, he is not SUPPORTING St. Mirren. I stand by my opinion that, if you watch it on the rangers channel, you're effectively supporting them. They get all the benefits. Saints get none.
Isn't that the same for ANY away game? I take it you've never went to an away game? What a f**king ridiculous point to make. No one should ever go to or watch an away game on an opposing teams TV because you're not supporting your own team? Absolute nonsense or you're trolling.

4 minutes ago, ford prefect said:
50 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Isn't that the same for ANY away game? I take it you've never went to an away game? What a f**king ridiculous point to make. No one should ever go to or watch an away game on an opposing teams TV because you're not supporting your own team? Absolute nonsense or you're trolling.

I don't go to Darkhead or Ipox. But those who do go are vocal and try to inspire the team. At least that's some sort of benefit for the players on the park. 

ETA. There's also the camaraderie and the pre and post match enjoyment to be had from away days. 

Edited by stlucifer

I don't go to Darkhead or Ipox. But those who do go are vocal and try to inspire the team. At least that's some sort of benefit for the players on the park. 
ETA. There's also the camaraderie and the pre and post match enjoyment to be had from away days. 
Do you watch games on sky? English premiership? Champions League? Why? You're actively supporting another league and contributing to the inequality in football where the rich get richer.

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yup, although it is a thousand years since I went to either of the Twin Tower's I would never denigrate those who do...