Blue Bigots v Saints

FTOF

1 hour ago, ford prefect said:

No wonder this site is dying on its arse. People being criticised for watching a st mirren game.

Absolutely no one has been "criticised for watching a St Mirren game".

People have been challenged for giving money to one of the Two Cheeks.

I'm expecting to be able to find a "free source" on which to watch the match, though I don't believe that anything I shout at the screen could be conceived as giving the players "support".

The forum has blossomed in the past week or so.  The previous dying-on-its -arseness has dwindled.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Nope. You said you would be supporting Saints. I simply pointed out you were NOT SUPPORTING Saint Mirren by watching the game on telly. You would be paying the rangers money if  you were watching on their  platform. IF you manage to find some other way of watching the match live then you would still NOT be supporting Saint Mirren. The necks that seem stretched are elsewhere. Hope this idiot proof explanation helps.

So let me just make sure I understand this (utterly ridiculous) notion.

At 3pm this afternoon, absolutely no one can consider themselves a St. Mirren supporter. Is that correct?

What an utter looney. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

At 3pm this afternoon, absolutely no one can consider themselves a St. Mirren supporter. Is that correct?

What an utter looney. 

Naw, you're deliberately misreading him.

As others have done - the joy of interweb debate...  sigh...   :rolleyes:

Watching it on telly really cannot provide any genuine sort of support to the team in its efforts.  I'm sure you understand that.

We can all be St Mirren supporters, but if you are paying THEM to watch it on their platform you will be actively supporting them, financially helping them to increase/maintain the divide created by the bigot £.

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:
I don't go to Darkhead or Ipox. But those who do go are vocal and try to inspire the team. At least that's some sort of benefit for the players on the park. 
ETA. There's also the camaraderie and the pre and post match enjoyment to be had from away days. 

Do you watch games on sky? English premiership? Champions League? Why? You're actively supporting another league and contributing to the inequality in football where the rich get richer.

I don't and never would the game down there has been contaminated with money, England's premiership gives me the wullies, can't stand all their diving for penalties and feigning injury from those prima donna's, and the Championship would bore you to tears,  Did anyone manage to stay awake till extra time in the play off final,  

Would rather pay to watch a game at the racecourse,  or to watch St Mirren's woman's team,  football as it should be played 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What an utter looney. 

I don't see the point in explaining as English must be your second language but, here goes.

Being a saint Mirren supporter is not exclusive to this match. I support Saint Mirren financially through my ST and vocally at any game I attend. Neither is the case when buying the right to watch the game. Paying the rangers is NOT supporting Saint Mirren. If you let me know what your first language is I'll try to translate for you. The asylum is looking for your return.

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:
I don't go to Darkhead or Ipox. But those who do go are vocal and try to inspire the team. At least that's some sort of benefit for the players on the park. 
ETA. There's also the camaraderie and the pre and post match enjoyment to be had from away days. 

Do you watch games on sky? English premiership? Champions League? Why? You're actively supporting another league and contributing to the inequality in football where the rich get richer.

Nope. I don't watch Sky. I have BT sport as part of my Virgin media account but that comes with the package. I don't actively financially support them but, even if I did, it's not the same as exclusively, directly contributing to the bigot ridden @rsecheeks with NO positive effect on Saints.

Edited by stlucifer

I'll be watching the game - will try every option before coughing up for Rangers TV - but if I have to, I will.

Fans generally want to see their team play as often as possible - so watching the game is a no-brainer for me. 

Hopefully a good game and a shock result - although with Dallas in charge and the new Tory leader running the line, I have the fear.

If the game is on wireless I will listen in and watch highlights later on tv. I predict yet another loss and more to follow midweek. We rarely put up much of a fight against the big  two these days. Don’t see the fuss if some fans want to watch the game live somewhere, anyway it’s too nice a day to be cooped up inside watching tv. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I don't see the point in explaining as English must be your second language but, here goes.

Being a saint Mirren supporter is not exclusive to this match. I support Saint Mirren financially through my ST and vocally at any game I attend. Neither is the case when buying the right to watch the game. Paying the rangers is NOT supporting Saint Mirren. If you let me know what your first language is I'll try to translate for you. The asylum is looking for your return.

And all of that shite just because you are so insecure you can’t ever possibly even think about uttering the words...”Yeah I made a bit of an arse of that” or “Yeah I was talking bollocks there”.

Instead you fall back on the old hair splitting literal difference between a “supporter” and a “fan”. That’s been done to death on here and most people accept that in the normal world, they are perfectly interchangeable terms. 

No surprise that McAllister has been dropped, he was hopeless last week. Be interesting to see how Sheron does and where he plays.

We will almost certainly lose and we may get a doing. Just want to get these two games out the way before the real stuff starts again against Accies on Saturday.

43 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And all of that shite just because you are so insecure you can’t ever possibly even think about uttering the words...”Yeah I made a bit of an arse of that” or “Yeah I was talking bollocks there”.

Instead you fall back on the old hair splitting literal difference between a “supporter” and a “fan”. That’s been done to death on here and most people accept that in the normal world, they are perfectly interchangeable terms. 

Comprenez-vous l'anglais?  Entiendes inglés? Verstehst du Englisch? Wahnsinnige!

To my shame - I'm watching this on Rangers TV.

It's been live for nearly 30 minutes but only at 5 minutes before kickoff is the opposition mentioned.

In this time of livestream football TV - this will work both ways.

When the 2 ugly sisters visit Paisley their fans will no doubt be purchasing livestream from St Mirren TV.

COYS