St Mirren v Livingston 1st Aug 2020

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I am genuinely not trying to be provocative here and I’m definitely not trying to be funny, but isn’t there something incredibly ironic/inappropriate about this “taking the knee” thing, given the nature of George Floyd’s death? 

Each interprets this in their own way I guess. I am anti racist but not militantly so. As suggested earlier, show racism the red card would be equally acceptable to me. 

On 7/19/2020 at 3:32 PM, St.Ricky said:

I hope they do. By way of example. In South Africa in the past you were legally obliged to notify the police if you knocked down a dog whilst driving but not if you knocked down a black person. That type of attitude still seems to persist and needs to be highlighted, imo. It's no surprise that there has been a worldwide reaction to the case in the USA. 

What has that got to do with singling out ONE section for recognition? There have been many atrocities put upon many people. I haven't seen any "Jews lives matter". Don't they matter? What about the Native Americans? "Red lives matter". Native Australians? "Aboriginal lives matter".  And that's to mention but a few.

The point I am making isn't that Black lives don't matter. It's that ALL lives matter. I say again. I would be happy to join in if it said, "Black lives matter TOO". The statement without that addditional word could infer that other lives don't.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Each interprets this in their own way I guess. I am anti racist but not militantly so. As suggested earlier, show racism the red card would be equally acceptable to me. 

That's exactly what should have been kept. ALL racism is wrong.

What has that got to do with singling out ONE section for recognition? There have been many atrocities put upon many people. I haven't seen any "Jews lives matter". Don't they matter? What about the Native Americans? "Red lives matter". Native Australians? "Aboriginal lives matter".  And that's to mention but a few.
The point I am making isn't that Black lives don't matter. It's that ALL lives matter. I say again. I would be happy to join in if it said, "Black lives matter TOO". The statement without that addditional word could infer that other lives don't.

I don’t support the BLM movement, but obviously the lives of black people do matter, as all lives do.
I don’t get it with some players going down on one knee with the fist in the air which was (if I’m not mistaken) originated from the Black Panther movement.
I also disagree with having their logo on football kits. Wasn’t that long ago When England played Scotland Wembley they were told they couldn’t have the poppy on the strips because it was deemed as a political statement. BLM are a political movement that don’t really seem to care that much about blacks. It is my opinion being used and promoted as a political tool, especially in the states as a last chance saloon to get rid of Trump.

5 hours ago, stlucifer said:

The point is a simple one. All lives haven't mattered and the African, whether in white controlled Africa or in white controlled USA or white controlled Europe and South America have systematically treated this group abominably. They have a right to have the wrongs against them recognised. Moving on and reconciliation  is only possible when truth is told. 

The point is a simple one. All lives haven't mattered and the African, whether in white controlled Africa or in white controlled USA or white controlled Europe and South America have systematically treated this group abominably. They have a right to have the wrongs against them recognised. Moving on and reconciliation  is only possible when truth is told. 

I’d say times have moved on for blacks in America. Do blacks not have equality in the states?
I believe everyone acknowledges the wrongs that were done in the past.
I can’t really comment on how things are going in Africa, but Famine and years of civil wars can’t really be blamed on the white man. South Africa hasn’t exactly flourished since the ANC took over.

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

And what has that got to do with this new slogan now? The fact is the campaign NOW should focus on all lives matter. Black or any other colour or creed. It's divisive to separate one group, positive or negative. When they decided it was necessary the word "too" should have been there to emphasis that other lives mattered.  You are doing what you usually do and attempting to mask your lack of understanding with nonsense. The current campaign is about what is happening now. The truth has always been out there. But not just for black oppression and abuse. That's the whole point of my argument. If you're too thick to get this it certainly is not my concern.

18 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I am genuinely not trying to be provocative here and I’m definitely not trying to be funny, but isn’t there something incredibly ironic/inappropriate about this “taking the knee” thing, given the nature of George Floyd’s death? 

No your not and yes there is.

15 hours ago, stlucifer said:

What about red heads, don't their lives matter. :wink:

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

And what has that got to do with this new slogan now? The fact is the campaign NOW should focus on all lives matter. Black or any other colour or creed. It's divisive to separate one group, positive or negative. When they decided it was necessary the word "too" should have been there to emphasis that other lives mattered.  You are doing what you usually do and attempting to mask your lack of understanding with nonsense. The current campaign is about what is happening now. The truth has always been out there. But not just for black oppression and abuse. That's the whole point of my argument. If you're too thick to get this it certainly is not my concern.

Oh dear. You miss the point., not me. Do all lives matter equally? The answer is a resounding yes. But.. Us whiteys have had it easy. Not so the black population of the world. That's the point that of my argument and I think the point of the black lives matter campaign.

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

I’d say times have moved on for blacks in America. Do blacks not have equality in the states?
I believe everyone acknowledges the wrongs that were done in the past.
I can’t really comment on how things are going in Africa, but Famine and years of civil wars can’t really be blamed on the white man. South Africa hasn’t exactly flourished since the ANC took over.

No blacks do not have equality in the US, they greedily hog cells in prisons far in excess of their population proportion.  5 times more in most States and in many 10 times more than they should.  Poor whites are outnumbered in prison.

https://www.sentencingproject.org/publications/color-of-justice-racial-and-ethnic-disparity-in-state-prisons/

this is perhaps counterbalanced by blacks letting whites have proportionately much more access to the health system.  Blacks, for some unfathomable reason don’t provide as much health care insurance for themselves.

perhaps if blacks had better access to education, property and jobs then they could do something about it?

but that won’t come to pass till Black Lives Matter.  Because they obviously still don’t matter, if people are suggesting that blacks already have equality in the States...

sigh.  :(

50 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Oh dear. You miss the point., not me. Do all lives matter equally? The answer is a resounding yes. But.. Us whiteys have had it easy. Not so the black population of the world. That's the point that of my argument and I think the point of the black lives matter campaign.

I stayed on to finish school, served an apprenticeship and worked most of my working live.  It wasn't easy.   

5 minutes ago, pod said:

I stayed on to finish school, served an apprenticeship and worked most of my working live.  It wasn't easy.   

In comparison with blacks in USA (anduk) that is kinda easy.

a full education in good schools, paid training for a craft, full employment - all helps make a quality and satisfying life.

6 minutes ago, antrin said:

In comparison with blacks in USA (anduk) that is kinda easy.

a full education in good schools, paid training for a craft, full employment - all helps make a quality and satisfying life.

I was cheap labour. :whistle            50 years at one trade.  Wish I was a footballer or a formula 1 driver. 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Don't we all pod but still better than many counterparts from the black community. 

That's not including the one's that keep getting stopped by the police driving around in their fancy cars. :rolleyes: