St Mirren v Livingston 1st Aug 2020

56 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Just watched highlights, good goal from Tait and a few others. Was Obika playing.? Not a sight or mention of him,lol. Business as usual.

Obika had a fine game. Did far more that Lyndon Dykes achieved the entire game.

4 hours ago, Ethan said:

We need a quality front player to play with Obika. Morais is ok but lacks the quality we need

Couldn't agree more. Morais as I have said many times on this forum is nowhere near good enough. Not really sure what JG sees in him. His miss hitting the post was laughable but worse was when he was through at the end and looked utterly clueless as to what to do. Continually gave away possession. Maybe gymnastics or 100m sprinting would be more his line of work.

I think though we will sign another striker and he'll be a bit part player coming on occassionally just in the way Keith Curle described him when signed him from Northampton.

Thought defence was excellent. Midfield created little and allowed Livi to dominate. Overall a great 3 points, not sure we deserved them though.

For everyone being critical of Morias...yes he should score but seen plenty of players miss when trying to hit it first time coming out the air, his second run he did get a bit lost as he didn’t know what to do...but at least that was two moments where he caused them problems. McAllister didn’t have a kick all game, I know he’s been out a while and had his issues last year and we all know there’s a good player in there but today alone he contributed zero.

Contrary to others on here, I thought we improved when Morais came on. Yes, he missed a sitter, and yes he gave away possession a few times, but overall I thought he proved more of an attacking threat than McAlister had.

Hopefully both improve.

Defence and keeper were excellent.

Great three points for us !

8 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Contrary to others on here, I thought we improved when Morais came on. Yes, he missed a sitter, and yes he gave away possession a few times, but overall I thought he proved more of an attacking threat than McAlister had.

Hopefully both improve.

Defence and keeper were excellent.

Great three points for us !

McAlister so far has proven not even close to good enough for Premiership since returning to the club. You are right though Morais actually was better than him. I'd bin the 2 of them. There is huge potential in both and that's all I can see as to why JG is playing either but for me its not going to happen for either. Once Flynn and Macgennis are back and we maybe get one or two more in I think they are toast 

Picture worked perfectly for us for the full 90. Couldn’t hear commentators first half but heard them fine second half.

Would suggest that people who had problems with the stream today that the problems lies with their internet connection or other hardware.

Things working fine at Saints end.
That's impossible given their server went down for about 2 mins. Given it was the first live stream with the numbers viewing it was an OK start but needs to get the issues ironed out before games with bigger away purchases.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Picture worked perfectly for us for the full 90. Couldn’t hear commentators first half but heard them fine second half.

Would suggest that people who had problems with the stream today that the problems lies with their internet connection or other hardware.

Things working fine at Saints end.

That's impossible given their server went down for about 2 mins. Given it was the first live stream with the numbers viewing it was an OK start but needs to get the issues ironed out before games with bigger away purchases.

Worked fine for me all match not a single hitch. Sound a bit low in first half but no issues with picture for full 90 mins ?. Agree though that need to fix any issues. Not a surprise there were some though ?

McAlister so far has proven not even close to good enough for Premiership since returning to the club. You are right though Morais actually was better than him. I'd bin the 2 of them. There is huge potential in both and that's all I can see as to why JG is playing either but for me its not going to happen for either. Once Flynn and Macgennis are back and we maybe get one or two more in I think they are toast 

Kyle showed under Oran that he can play at this level. Last year was a bad one for him due to injuries and even his tweet after the match being critical of himself for me shows his confidence is low. He can definitely play at this level but needs a full injury fee season.

100% agree we need another striker but Morias as a sub late on to stretch teams will do for me. No one can doubt the guys work rate

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Given that the official Saints Twitter said that Stream Digital had problems would suggest otherwise.

Maybe you were ok, but there were many that did suffer outages during the match that had nothing to do with their setup.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=107cbab98f0e87ec2E3CB8DF-5541-4068-9E06-1F7240807B9E.thumb.png.1ab170d707efcf78ce769d5b27135cfe.png

Given that I, and many others, didn't have any major interruptions due to server issues, then there must be other factors at play here.

Why? What did he do wrong. Some people are never happ and always looking for a scape goat they can moan at. Last season it was Callum Waters. I think Marcus Fraser was excellent today. Coys

Couldn’t fault Fraser or any other defenders today. In fact , I think the whole team, plus subs (incl Morais) performed well today.

On to Castle Greyskull.

COYS !!

8 hours ago, Yflab said:

Given that the official Saints Twitter said that Stream Digital had problems would suggest otherwise.

Maybe you were ok, but there were many that did suffer outages during the match that had nothing to do with their setup.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=107cbab98f0e87ec2E3CB8DF-5541-4068-9E06-1F7240807B9E.thumb.png.1ab170d707efcf78ce769d5b27135cfe.png

I was the same as TC. I had no outages whatsoever. A wee bit of buffering here and there but literally just a second or 2 at a time and I’m pretty sure that was more down to the WiFi where I was.

I also thought the quality of the pictures/filming was streets ahead of what we’ve been used to before. Proper TV quality I thought. 

4 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Isn’t that damning with faint praise.? Proper forward required.

Luckily the manager disagrees with you.

Obika IS "a proper forward".

Goodwin praised Obika, recognising he'd led the line up front, wonderfully.  Held the ball up well  and took some strain off the defence.

Yes, he could have been better supported which may be why there seems to be  interest in Celtic's Bayo.

Goodwin said on Zoom the other night that he was still in the market for forwards, recognising Saints can't rely solely on Jon Obika all season. 

I thought Obika led the line really well. His hold up play was excellent. My problem is no one was creating chances for him. Morais was better than McAllister but his mistakes and decision making are a worry. We will hopefully get a striker in. I am liking the team we are building. 

Defence was fantastic. Alnwick looks agile and confident. MotM for saints was between Shaughnessy and Obika. I don't agree that Morias miss was as bad as some say. Yet to see it again but I thought it was a difficult take with the ball coming over his head. Not the best game and we need to get more control of the midfield against teams that will be around us. Still. Second in the league in alphabetical order is a good start.

league table.png

48 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Seen Morias a few times and as strange as it may be to say so I think he catches the ball too sweetly, sometimes not catching it so well would be better for him, having said that decision making leaves a lot to be desired

Said to my mate yesterday that it would have been a goal if he had sclaffed it a bit.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Said to my mate yesterday that it would have been a goal if he had sclaffed it a bit.

Probably the only way he will score !

Signed when we were desperate to get players in but I doubt he will be here next season when his contract runs out. May even go in next window

We will definitely get another striker in, hopefully 2 then his appearances will be minimal if at all.

Edited by lenziebud

Worked fine for me all match not a single hitch. Sound a bit low in first half but no issues with picture for full 90 mins ?. Agree though that need to fix any issues. Not a surprise there were some though ?
Yes just reading the VST thread, it's odd. We cast it from an iPhone onto Samsung smart TV and bar the 2m 2nd half where the server down message came up on screen, the picture was fine. Suggests there must have been more than 1 server used. Certainly didn't have the sort of issues some experienced. Reading that thread it appears both ST holders and PPV buyers have discovered that they can pass the login to another household and it worked. That is utter nonsense in that it's going to reduce income massively if that becomes widespread and it will contribute to bandwidth issues as there will be x percent more "subscribers" than they will have calculated from sales. Need to get that stopped pronto.

For all he lacks, in the grand scheme of things we've had worse squad players than Junior (providing we get another forward in). 

RE: McAllister - there always has to be 1 homegrown scapegoat, doesn't there? There will be games Durmus is quiet and Kyle wins us... wingers don't play consistently, it's a tale as old as time.