St Mirren v Livingston 1st Aug 2020

15 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

For all he lacks, in the grand scheme of things we've had worse squad players than Junior (providing we get another forward in). 

RE: McAllister - there always has to be 1 homegrown scapegoat, doesn't there? There will be games Durmus is quiet and Kyle wins us... wingers don't play consistently, it's a tale as old as time.

We had worse players in the squad under Stubbs and the fallout from his rein which has taken 2 season to get back on an even keel. Now we can do better than Morais and we will given time.

Eh sorry but the last thing I want to do is criticise Kyle McAlister. In the Championship I thought he was an outstanding talent, better than Morgan IMO. He hasn't stepped up yet though to a higher level. The potential is there but for me he hasn't shown it at Premiership level at all. Whether that is injuries or not time will tell. He is all left foot and easy to work out by top level defenders, lacks pace and not convinced by his workrate either. Durmus so far has been a far better player. For me I hope McAlister makes it but I'm not convinced he will.

Top of the league 🎈

thought we where the better team, morias should of had us 3-1 up, not sure if the boys out his depth or just lack of confidence, but he NEEDS to be more clinical and ruthless if he wants a career at a decent level, done well holding the ball up to waste time towards end in all fairness but I could of flung my tele out the window when he was one on one and decided to change feet, frustrating as f**k, if we where chasing a goal I think he’d be getting a lot more flak. Hate being negative but it really annoyed me😂 

would say McGrath played his best game in the stripes yesterday, all the new signings looked good too, Sam foley another special mention, in hospital a week ago getting an op and breezed through a full 90. What a guy.

mon the paisley brazilians🐼

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

We had worse players in the squad under Stubbs and the fallout from his rein which has taken 2 season to get back on an even keel. Now we can do better than Morais and we will given time.

Eh sorry but the last thing I want to do is criticise Kyle McAlister. In the Championship I thought he was an outstanding talent, better than Morgan IMO. He hasn't stepped up yet though to a higher level. The potential is there but for me he hasn't shown it at Premiership level at all. Whether that is injuries or not time will tell. He is all left foot and easy to work out by top level defenders, lacks pace and not convinced by his workrate either. Durmus so far has been a far better player. For me I hope McAlister makes it but I'm not convinced he will.

A lot of folk I know were rightly waxing lyrical about his performance v Therangers last season so he's certainly shown he CAN step up. His injury record is probably the reason for his underperformance to date. I hope he stays clear of those injuries this season and shows his real potential. 

Top of the league [emoji324]
thought we where the better team, morias should of had us 3-1 up, not sure if the boys out his depth or just lack of confidence, but he NEEDS to be more clinical and ruthless if he wants a career at a decent level, done well holding the ball up to waste time towards end in all fairness but I could of flung my tele out the window when he was one on one and decided to change feet, frustrating as f**k, if we where chasing a goal I think he’d be getting a lot more flak. Hate being negative but it really annoyed me[emoji23] 

would say McGrath played his best game in the stripes yesterday, all the new signings looked good too, Sam foley another special mention, in hospital a week ago getting an op and breezed through a full 90. What a guy.

mon the paisley brazilians[emoji209]

Thought McGrath was excellent. But had great games V Morherwell in the cup and the league game. Think he is gonna end up a very good signing.

59 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Ok? I'm not sure what the point of that whole paragraph was. Who was talking about Stubbs? There were worse players under Stubbs... so Junior isn't that bad then, is he? Who said anything about time?

On our budget, especially at this time (and given we haven't so far brought in another forward) Junior is obviously what we can afford for that level of player. He does a job at stretching a game late on, if nothing else.

I can't tell you if you were criticising him initially or not but if you don't want to criticise Kyle, then don't? He was a big factor in us surviving under Kearney. Him and Dreyer were the sole bits of proper quality we had. It's his first pre-season injury free in many years by his own admission and he is only 21, I doubt a loan player of that age from another club would receive as much criticism (not necessarily from yourself by the way) as our own do.

Edited by W6Saint

7 hours ago, pod said:

It's a football park they perform on, not a catwalk. :rolleyes:

Of course we all know that the quality or aesthetic beauty of a football strip should not matter one jot to any grown man over 25. However, if the subject matter is being discussed, those are my thoughts on the matter. Stripes all round, white shorts, white socks. Colour of underpants optional (but not too dark or they might show through the nice white shorts). 

1 hour ago, Fricky-Troll said:

I remember him. Didn’t he come on in a game a Love Street and score a hat trick ?

I think we got him from Partick Thistle

Nah he went to Thistle from us mate, but pretty sure he was a product of St. Mirren Boys Club.

He had some strike rate the boy though. Twenty odd goals from about 50 games. A lot of which would’ve been sub appearances I’d imagine??

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nah he went to Thistle from us mate, but pretty sure he was a product of St. Mirren Boys Club.

He had some strike rate the boy though. Twenty odd goals from about 50 games. A lot of which would’ve been sub appearances I’d imagine??

Logan Alan

St Mirren BC

March 1978

48(53)

Partick Thistle
September 1984

Anglo Scottish Cup 1980

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Fricky-Troll said:

I remember him. Didn’t he come on in a game a Love Street and score a hat trick ?

I think we got him from Partick Thistle

He came on as a half time sub when we were 0-2 v Thistle.He scored  3 and we won 3-2.

Cheers

I was at the game HSS mentioned after your post where he scored a hat trick

Ooft seen this team ?

IMG_1337.jpg