So Farewell, BA's 747's

Cookie Monster

29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

BBC News - British Airways retires entire 747 fleet after travel downturn

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53426886

Flew on many, different variations of them and different classes. emoji16.png

Big beasts. Recall seeing one for the first time. Huge by comparison with other planes flying at the time. The novelty of having an "upstairs" was great 

Flew on a number of them. Was bumped up to First Class on an Air France long haul flight. 

Always loved seeing 747's taking off at Glasgow Airport. I remember once driving along Barnsford Road when a 747 took off and I was right underneath it as it flew above the road. Magic!

Only ever been on long haul flights to Dubai.

First time I went in 1995, I flew on a KLM 747 there and back. The second time it was BA flights on 777's.

I did see the Virgin 747 that was in Glasgow Airport for lockdown taking off a few weeks ago.

Sad to see them go.:(

No idea why I like watching planes taking off and landing. I have a similar , sad fascination with car ferries.:lol:

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Always loved seeing 747's taking off at Glasgow Airport. I remember once driving along Barnsford Road when a 747 took off and I was right underneath it as it flew above the road. Magic!

First time I went in 1995, I flew on a KLM 747 there and back. The second time it was BA flights on 777's.

I did see the Virgin 747 that was in Glasgow Airport for lockdown taking off a few weeks ago.

Sad to see them go.:(

No idea why I like watching planes taking off and landing. I have a similar , sad fascination with car ferries.:lol:

Wonder what BA will do when things, and they will, get back t normal?

"Eh, sorry, flight's been canceled"

"How's that then"

"We've nae planes" :lol:

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wonder what BA will do when things, and they will, get back t normal?

"Eh, sorry, flight's been canceled"

"How's that then"

"We've nae planes:lol:

There's half a dozen of their planes sitting at the side of the Glasgow Airport runway.:lol:

Planes being stored at Glasgow Airport

Sad to see them go.[emoji20]
No idea why I like watching planes taking off and landing. I have a similar , sad fascination with car ferries.[emoji38]

Where do you go to see car ferries taking off and landing. [emoji16]

Sad to see them go.[emoji20]

I’ve never witnessed a car ferry taking off. [emoji87]

Good news - perhaps foreign travel will become restricted to something like 1 holiday trip every 5 years and business trips approved only when necessary. 

Look forward to more Airplane's Graveyards!

The only equitable solution to the current pandemic is a Cambodian Style Year Zero and the Punk Rock that accompanied it

4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Good news - perhaps foreign travel will become restricted to something like 1 holiday trip every 5 years and business trips approved only when necessary. 

Look forward to more Airplane's Graveyards!

The only equitable solution to the current pandemic is a Cambodian Style Year Zero and the Punk Rock that accompanied it

Dear oh dear.😂

Aye, let's stick to staying in pishy Scotland every year, although expect a rise in people getting depression. 🤪🤪🤪

Guest TPAFKATS
Our lifestyles are a major cause... [emoji25]  [emoji25] [emoji25]
Emissions from airlines are about 3% of annual global pollution.

Industry together with power generation (domestic as well as industrial) are where the emissions reduction gains are needed.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Industry together with power generation (domestic as well as industrial) are where the emissions reduction gains are needed.

No doubt your correct but our frivolous lifestyles shouldn't be maintained once the current pandemic ends.

1 minute ago, Russian Saint said:

What kinda lifestyle do you have?

As a citizen of one of the richest and most privileged countries in the world probably quite a destructive one.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Correct. Gov policy will focus on work creation in domestic properties. Then incentives for low emission travel. Then industry. The first is an easy, if costly win, the second has started. Business users can get great deals, supported by Gov, on electric cars. Changes in work practices will help drive changes in industry but major change is costly. Tax incentives will be needed.