Road To Hampden - League Cup 20/21

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Unbelievable.

Instead of being happy we even made this stage, we have people in tears over our apparent impending defeat and complaining about which TV station it will be on. Honestly. This place is Bellend Central at times.  🤣

Your usual tactic, say something that isn't true (plenty ARE happy we made this stage, in fact WHO isn't?)

Who's in tears, another pile of pish.

Impending defeat, more than likely.

Aye, want to see a bellend................................... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYQVbp9U0VAc_aqMHchCIB4ZEd36n2gM4HT6UIvjgtq9En-qaTE_-ZWJnizyZeZwgcK0mCh5fg&usqp=CAc

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Your usual tactic, say something that isn't true (plenty ARE happy we made this stage, in fact WHO isn't?)

Aye, want to see a bellend................................... 58ee52f64ce45_the-boss-baby-alec-baldwin-960x6001.thumb.jpg.47cc5ac7b77e5913adef7df991434c0d.jpg

:P

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Let's hope when we play them they're just back from a 5000 mile trip from somewhere near Mongolia... And then how good would it be to meet Hibs in the final and kick Jacks ass..  :rolleyes: 

I had a wee look earlier with the same hope......

Screenshot_20201129-201631_Chrome.jpg

2 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Let's hope when we play them they're just back from a 5000 mile trip from somewhere near Mongolia... And then how good would it be to meet Hibs in the final and kick Jacks ass..  :rolleyes: 

Best thing for us is all the pressure on them, we are the underdogs(again). Nothing to lose really, just go for it. 

As for hibs, a Paul McGinn own goal in last min would do if we met them in final🤣

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, want to see a bellend................................... images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYQVbp9U0VAc_aqMHchCIB4ZEd36n2gM4HT6UIvjgtq9En-qaTE_-ZWJnizyZeZwgcK0mCh5fg&usqp=CAc

I'd hate to go into battle alongside you 3 gutless feckers. Beaten before the ink is even dry on the draw. 🤣

If we are going to win (!) it, we need to probably beat Sevco somewhere. Prefer a home qf tie rather than Hampden.

They won't play a weakened side vs top league opponents away. Their 9th team would have beat L1 Falkirk today.

They have a glaring opportunity to win their first meaningful trophy in their 8 year history now the green mob are out. Prime time chance for a Stevie G slip up/bottle it. Bring it on, get in their faces. F all to lose.

That said still a pish draw [emoji1]

We'll prob'ly get beat, but then we  prob'ly all said that when we played the other bigot brother in this tournament back in 2013, let the players watch a recording of that match - I'm sure JG must have a recording of that match somewhere!. :rolleyes:

We'll have to play to the top end of our abilities and hope for the odd break but come 15th December letsgetintaethum!

Edited by Bud the Baker

50 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I have never seen us beat the Cream Buns in a cup tie

Has anyone?

I can't remember the last time we scored against them

So it's fair to say History is against us

Last time we scored against them was the 2-2 draw in the Championship, May 2016.

Cant remember a cup win against them.

Last win, Christmas Eve 2011.

Edited by munoz

According to stmirren.info the last time we beat them in a cup tie was on our way to the 1926 Scottish Cup Final.
I am not old enough to remember this; my father was only 6 years old at the time!
That was the Scottish Cup. Our only win against them in the League Cup was the 4-1 at Ibrox in 1972.

Well history is there to be made. County had never won at Celtic Park......

Its a massive ask, because this Gers team is looking unbeatable this season, I would imagine Gerard will want to make sure he delivers first trophy. But Saints played great  first half albeit against a Dons team who are total mince.....

As much as I would love an upset, as long as we put up a fight , basically there is no chance we can win this game

As Faraway know my predicting skills are woeful, so Gers to hose us 3-0