Playing squad

Still looks light in defence and striking options, need left back and prob versatile player to cover left and right back. Would like to see another centre back and two strikers. So 5 players I would think, Erahon and couple guys who have played for Fleetwood a few times not going cut the mustard...need some real quality instead of messing about....

16 minutes ago, Leatherface said:

Still looks light in defence and striking options, need left back and prob versatile player to cover left and right back. Would like to see another centre back and two strikers. So 5 players I would think, Erahon and couple guys who have played for Fleetwood a few times not going cut the mustard...need some real quality instead of messing about....

Can't believe we will get more than two more. A left back and a striker.

That'll take us to about 21 senior players plus a couple of kids and our third goalie.

That should be our lot I think.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That'll take us to about 21 senior players plus a couple of kids and our third goalie.

My call too. Left back and striker. When Magennis, Flynn and Kyle M are fit  we have a decent squad.. 

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

My guess is 3 before season starts. Left back, striker and potentially a centre half for cover.

Transfer window being open until October is a bit of a wildcard as well. We could potentially move one or two out the way on loan to make way for a new face after season has begun.

19 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Am I right in saying that we don't have a natural left back? Options currently being Erhahon, MacPherson or Tait?

Presuming that Killie want to hold onto Waters?

I think that you are correct on all counts. Still a matter of watch this space for a designated left back. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Sad

5 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
9 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Sad

Still time and the squad, on paper, seems to be building nicely. Two more.. Left back and striker please. 

9 hours ago, Leatherface said:

Defence options currently look like this:

Left back: Tait/ At a push Erhahon
Centre Half: McCarthy | Shaugnessy | Baird | If needed Foley | If needed Sheron
Right-back: Tait | Baird | MacPherson | Flynn (when fit)

To me, the most pressing position is left-back, with the others covered not as bad as first looks. Keeping McCarthy and Shaugnessy fit and free from suspension will be key in the middle.

Agree we need a striker and that will most likely be worked on as we speak. Wouldn't surprise me if its another loan player with the season so close to starting.

The squad is now shaping up well my view is we now need a recognised left back I would think Tait will be the regular right back although he did say himself he is comfortable at left back as for central defence we have Baird as cover and of course Foley is comfortable in central defence if required.I think Jim is keen to add another striker.We are certainly well covered in midfield.

I do wonder where this latest signing leaves young Erhahon?
Although it looks to only be a squad player spot, personally would've liked to see Ethan get more of a run in there.

38 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

The squad is now shaping up well my view is we now need a recognised left back I would think Tait will be the regular right back although he did say himself he is comfortable at left back as for central defence we have Baird as cover and of course Foley is comfortable in central defence if required.I think Jim is keen to add another striker.We are certainly well covered in midfield.

Do you think he's up to it. 

1 hour ago, Fricky-Troll said:

The squad at present has every chance of doing well.

The astonishing yet not surprising negativity about the squad and new players goes beyond opinion and becomes character assassination.

My view is we will positively surprise lots of people this upcoming season

How do you work that out? We have no left back, centre half options are poor if any injuries. Signed two kids for midfield who have hardly kicked a ball with Mcgennis and Flynn injured. Only have one striker at present and imo Morias and Erahon way off level required...McAllister injury prone so carrying passengers to start with...I think the squad is very very average and wouldnt be confident winning championship with it...

How do you work that out? We have no left back, centre half options are poor if any injuries. Signed two kids for midfield who have hardly kicked a ball with Mcgennis and Flynn injured. Only have one striker at present and imo Morias and Erahon way off level required...McAllister injury prone so carrying passengers to start with...I think the squad is very very average and wouldnt be confident winning championship with it...
Sad

1 hour ago, Leatherface said:

Rather strangely, I find myself agreeing with my alter ego. I think it's shaping up rather well.