Playing squad

On 7/21/2020 at 7:02 PM, santaponsasaint said:
On 7/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Leatherface said:
How do you work that out? We have no left back, centre half options are poor if any injuries. Signed two kids for midfield who have hardly kicked a ball with Mcgennis and Flynn injured. Only have one striker at present and imo Morias and Erahon way off level required...McAllister injury prone so carrying passengers to start with...I think the squad is very very average and wouldnt be confident winning championship with it...

Sad

But true. 

2 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Killie have just signed up a left back from Portsmouth on a 2 year contract. Maybe that'll be the catalyst for us working out a deal for Waters?

Ffs, surely we should be trying harder to get some quality in than Waters. Very average and championship quality left-back, nowhere near good enough for top flight...if this is what Saints aspire to sign then another poor season ahead...

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

This season, and maybe the next couple, are gonna be different from what's gone on before my suspicion is that all teams are gonna be a bit light on numbers - I'm just glad we seem to be starting the season at the same level of readiness as our counterparts unlike the last two seasons.

I don't think they are.

We're at 16 senior players, if you don't count Flynn and Magennis.

I had a look around the club squads and all of our competitors are sitting on 20+ senior players. i.e. not including "promoted" youth players.

As much as I am happy with the players that we have,we badly need at least 3 or 4 experienced players to come in.

9 minutes ago, pod said:

Why aren't you counting them.

Because they're injured, and not likely to be match fit until September at the earliest. Therefore, they won't be starting the season, which BtB had referenced in his post.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Because they're injured, and not likely to be match fit until September at the earliest. Therefore, they won't be starting the season, which BtB had referenced in his post.

But do you know that players you are counting at other clubs aren’t injured.

Not being smart, genuine question. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

But do you know that players you are counting at other clubs aren’t injured.

Not being smart, genuine question. 

Sadly I read P&B a lot! Way too  much time on my hands.

They all have at least 4 or 5 more players than us, so a couple of injuries affects them less IMO.

Hamilton have Templeton and Easton injured. 'Well have the baseball bat thug. United have Seigrist.

Anyway, even if Flynn and Magennis were fit we're still a bit light, compared to the majority of clubs, which was my initial point.