Hopeless Tradesmen

faraway saint

Yes they do....................image.png.1131a5cfbb2ada5152b96da68a32417b.png
In the interest of being fair the same legal site also says I could/should have enquired, I didn't. 
Who was foolish enough to think it was free?  
As I've said, I won't be paying the bill, let's see how it plays out. 

Don't know where your quote comes from but it says "should", not must.

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

Yes they do....................image.png.1131a5cfbb2ada5152b96da68a32417b.png

In the interest of being fair the same legal site also says I could/should have enquired, I didn't. 

Who was foolish enough to think it was free?  

As I've said, I won't be paying the bill, let's see how it plays out. 

Except that it wouldn't be a call out fee. It would be the fee for doing the job.

2 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Are you suffering from amnesia with this post above? 

Oh I, and everybody else, understood your graph.

It was the source of hilarity for fecking weeks.

You were the one who couldn't see the figures you produced were always going to be so far from the truth it was comedy gold.

Funny how much you've swivelled on the plumber thing, again, playing to the crowd.

I've already said I'll pay what I think is a fair price, are you l stupid?  

Grow a pair, admit your graph was utter pish and man up.......................oh, can I have 25 toilet rolls please? 

"are you I stupid?" Between that indecipherable guff and your inability to understand the difference between " should" and "must",  you're really setting up your stall as the forum's intellectual powerhouse.  😅

Thanks for this thread. I needed cheering up today.

Honestly my sides are aching.

My youngest teenage daughter asked me earlier "Why did he not ask for a total price including labour and VAT? Is he a bit simple?" I was struggling to explain how this could happen and then when I said "he's the same spangle who didn't know what an exponential curve looks like" and she understood straight away.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

What an entertaining thread this has turned into emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Make the most of it before the new hate bill comes into effect. 

Following the new bill you can expect such arguments as “ I disagree, I think the sky was overcast today to the south west rather than the south east” and “ I would say mulch is a far superior weed suppressant than bark”

we will all look back on the heady days when the forum was a place to vent your spleen with impunity  

Make the most of it before the new hate bill comes into effect. 

Following the new bill you can expect such arguments as “ I disagree, I think the sky was overcast today to the south west rather than the south east” and “ I would say mulch is a far superior weed suppressant than bark”
we will all look back on the heady days when the forum was a place to vent your spleen with impunity  
Nobody would ever say that about mulch, you crazy person, you. [emoji38]

What we really need is a new Paranoid f**ker Bill for those that think everyone has a vendetta against them. :whistle

• 8 months later...

I've been dealing with a solicitors in Paisley who are dealing with my fathers estate.

An early warning signal was that they were less than efficient when trying to gather a small sum that was due to my father from an insurance company.

The particular individual thought it was acceptable to have contacted, by royal mail, the insurance company and wait for two and a half months.

I pointed out that it was totally unacceptable and, since then have been dealing with a trainee solicitor.

This particular young man has been excellent, so much so , I praised him just last week, via e-mail, on his prompt response and excellent detailed communication.

He had made an appointment with another part of the business to deal with the sale of my fathers house.

5:30 pm tonight.

No call, no message nothing.

Makes me flippin angry that, while I accept things can change, he could easily have made a short call, or had his receptionist contact me to rearrange. 

Business's blab on about communication yet it's mostly a sound bite.

Fired an e-mail back indicating that I would be available one more time this week and if there's ANY issues I will take my business elsewhere. 

And breath....................................:lol:

I hate dealing with solicitors, estate agents, IFA’s and recruitment agencies.
I also hate cats.  
[emoji23] 
I found out when I was in my late 20's I was allergic to the wee bstards. I found out the owners can get a tad upset when you joke about how tasty they are if cooked correctly.

Remember if cooking one in a microwave, stab the wee bstard a couple of times or they explode and make a hell of a mess. [emoji1787]

I hate dealing with solicitors, estate agents, IFA’s and recruitment agencies.
I also hate cats.  
[emoji23] 
Sorry Slash, you can't put cats in the same group as those other parasites, cats have the decency to not remotely pretend they are interested in your well being.

• 2 months later...

Use local business's they say, no problem, so I ask a local company for a quote for new double glazed windows.

Already had a quote from a company based in Falkirk, a friend had used them, which came in about £2,700.

Local company rolls up, quick measurement, then tell us it'll probably be November/December for delivery/fitting, that was a bad start but it got worse.............

A nice round £5,000. :1eye

The builder who's doing our garden build reckons the units would cost about £1,800.

Over £3k for fitting, don't hold your breath local company, I'll pass.