Paisley Improvements

Doakes

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Many moons ago it was owned by the Coal board pension fund management. Who owns it now ? Only fair to let them know we’re knocking it down. 

Is this the start of a revolution.  

Besides, who's going to be around to pull drunks out of the Cart at the weekends, if some had there way. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Is this the start of a revolution.  
Besides, who's going to be around to pull drunks out of the Cart at the weekends, if some had there way. 
Why would you pull them back out? They either sink or swim, it's herd immunity [emoji6]

Guest TPAFKATS
The Piazza is owned by a retail property investment company called New River .How ironic, Nae River more like .[emoji6]
Is the Paisley Centre still owned by the same company who own piazza?

On 8/6/2020 at 2:38 PM, TPAFKATS said:
On 8/6/2020 at 11:56 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:
The Piazza is owned by a retail property investment company called New River .How ironic, Nae River more like .emoji6.png

Is the Paisley Centre still owned by the same company who own piazza?

No, Piazza are owned by the same company that own Burns Mall in Killie and The Avenue in Newton Mearns, as well as a load of places down south. 

• 2 weeks later...
I think the water quality of the Cart must be improving, I saw a Gooseander just off bridge street today, not common around the cart, usually just Mallard, Coots, Heron. They love salmon and trout so the river must be improving.

FF670D53-CDC4-4010-96DB-C9A95545F907.thumb.jpeg.5828dea477c4daf07f3f11e59ad7f937.jpeg

Heard the other day that the tannery is being closed. Drive past today and it looked closed already. Maybe it's old news, but it was new news to me.

That'll certainly improve the water quality.

• 2 weeks later...
Hopefully this will get passed soon ( more information needed about how high the main block will be at the back) as it’s a crime that this great building is sitting unused. 
9E6BC59F-7118-4C1E-A34E-29CA76613BD6.thumb.jpeg.473c692ce0a03c83c93581febb53a1f0.jpeg
They have supported/protected the building with substantial amount of a scaffolding looking structure. [emoji106]

I'd like to see a load of the trees taken down and replaced with young ones again around this and the neighbouring Coats Memorial building.

• 5 months later...
30 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Difficult to envisage the Cart ever running deep enough through the town centre for water sports - unless its in spate. And, as the Stockton Councillor says:

"I have nothing against theatres or hotels, but I don’t think councils should be in the theatre or hotel business and putting money into private developers' pockets. 

Croydon Council (and its taxpayers) are way beyond the depths of their noses in the broon stuff, cos it gambled in exactly that manner.  :(

Excuse my horrendous annotation, but bulldozing the existing Piazza building and all the shit that comes with it would open up the river to the high street and county square. You could have a nice grass area for concerts etc, assuming we get rid of covid! 

15CFE558-CC16-423F-A753-46A95DCE7DB6.jpeg