St.Mirren v Green Bigots

FTOF

This is the problem when you have two associations running the game.  It should be a single entity and probably as national FA's seem sacrosanct under FIFA it could be that the SFA is the governing body and the SPFL is just one of the organisations reporting to it, along with say, Junior Football, Women's Football, Youth Football, etc.  Just a thought. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Could @FTOF edit this thread to be used for the game coming up on Wednesday? 

Anyhow, assuming this IS the thread for Wednesday 12th August I'll stick to my usual, St Mirren nil, Celtic more than nil. 

Why don't you just start your own?

In the wank tank?  :)

34 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Why?

Do you want two threads?

Are you hurting after making a fool of yourself?

You shouldn't, it's normal for the state of mind you're in. 

Please don't pollute this thread, we've had enough of your drivel. :byebye

Finding it hard to post with less of your usual emojis, I see. 

Most of yesterdays team owe themselves ( and the supporters) a performance.  Cut out the mistakes and the general slackness and we at least give ourselves a small chance of getting something. 

Agree.

Also need to show more attacking intent against Celtic, like Killie did.

I’d like to see Thorvaldsson start (instead of Sheron) as I think his speed and presence will cause them unexpected problems.
And midfield cannot allow Obika to be so isolated up front - we will need an out ball.

I believe I could be the only one that thinks this but if we are going to stick with the lone Striker it might make more sense to start Morais. For all the quality might not be there I think we need a Striker who is going to chase and hound their two central defenders. Kilmarnock pressed Celtic from the front and didn’t allow them to get into a rhythm. Big John does a great job at leading the line in most games, when he gets the support but this is a game where we will unfortunately be on the back foot for long periods. If you watch the Kilmarnock forward on Sunday, he ran the channels very well and dragged Julien & Ajer out of position. Our two wide men need to be disciplined in there cover of the opposing two full backs as I thought we got exposed on the wings an awful lot on Sunday when the two Rangers full backs overlapped. I agree with a post above. I would bring Thorvaldsson in and play him off Morais. Get the two of them to chase everything in the Celtic half of the pitch. Run themselves into the ground and then assess the game at the hour mark. Potentially bring on Obika. Who will be fresh and he could potentially  look to unsettle Julien & Ajer. 4-4-1-1 for me. Same back four & goalkeeper. Move MacPherson back infield and partner him with Foley. Durmus & McGrath on the wings. Thorvalsson in behind Morais. 

16 minutes ago, Caldy_87 said:

I believe I could be the only one that thinks this but if we are going to stick with the lone Striker it might make more sense to start Morais. For all the quality might not be there I think we need a Striker who is going to chase and hound their two central defenders. Kilmarnock pressed Celtic from the front and didn’t allow them to get into a rhythm. 

Good thought!

The Sub says this,

"And now a Scottish Government spokesman has told the Scottish Sun that they were aware of the Bolingoli incident and were attempting to establish the full facts of the affair.

If confirmed, a spokesman said the authorities would have little choice but to consider PAUSING the Scottish game.

The spokesman said: “The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week."

So I think that probably means it'll be ok.... if The Sun thinks the game might be paused...

28 minutes ago, antrin said:

The Sub says this,

"And now a Scottish Government spokesman has told the Scottish Sun that they were aware of the Bolingoli incident and were attempting to establish the full facts of the affair.

If confirmed, a spokesman said the authorities would have little choice but to consider PAUSING the Scottish game.

The spokesman said: “The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week."

So I think that probably means it'll be ok.... if The Sun thinks the game might be paused...

Think Kilmarnock should be awarded the three points for Sunday's game , and Celtic not allowed to play any players that were involved in Sunday's game in our fixture on Wednesday , Killie,s game should also be postponed . Pity Skybet has a problem , as I'm ready to put as few bob on the Cream bun as to win the league , because it f Celtic don't get a points deduction , it will highlight a corrupt league .

Edited by MenstrieSaint
Need to add

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think Kilmarnock should be awarded the three points for Sunday's game , and Celtic not allowed to play any players that were involved in Sunday's game in our fixture on Wednesday , Killie,s game should also be postponed . Pity Skybet has a problem , as I'm ready to put as few bob on the Cream bun as to win the league , because it f Celtic don't get a points deduction , it will highlight a corrupt league .

But it IS  a corrupt league¬

All other clubs serve at the bidding of the 2 arse cheeks..