St.Mirren v Green Bigots

FTOF

11 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

What exactly CAN the SPFL do in this case? 

It looks to me that the club will carry out some disciplinary procedure.

The bigger picture could be that the Scottish Government will take action which would effect ALL of Scottish football. 

I would say it’s out of footballs hands what happens.Coming so soon after the Aberdeen situation I think Nicola will have had enough and call a halt to football.

Requests for Season Ticket refunds should be sent to Pittodrie and Sellic Park.

8 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think Kilmarnock should be awarded the three points for Sunday's game , and Celtic not allowed to play any players that were involved in Sunday's game in our fixture on Wednesday , Killie,s game should also be postponed . Pity Skybet has a problem , as I'm ready to put as few bob on the Cream bun as to win the league , because it f Celtic don't get a points deduction , it will highlight a corrupt league .

Agree with most of this however I feel a 3-0 walkover tonight should be the way forward (and arguably any other game in the 14 day quarantine period), they need a hard line punishment to stop it happening again. Wishful thinking though. 

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Think Kilmarnock should be awarded the three points for Sunday's game , and Celtic not allowed to play any players that were involved in Sunday's game in our fixture on Wednesday , Killie,s game should also be postponed . Pity Skybet has a problem , as I'm ready to put as few bob on the Cream bun as to win the league , because it f Celtic don't get a points deduction , it will highlight a corrupt league .

Betting still, cancel Wednesday's game and award us the three points. :whistle 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Funny isn't it- the English demonstrated how to make it work, and so far in Week 2, we have had the Sheep and now Sellick twice. No wonder the SPFL is the laughing stock on the islands...……..

It's the two clubs from Glasgow that makes the SPFL at laughing stock and you know what sheep do. 

4 minutes ago, pod said:

It's the two clubs from Glasgow that makes the SPFL at laughing stock and you know what sheep do. 

Agreed, again as this is Celtic and they wont be penalised, we all will, but this latest one is the worst as the guy actually went on the pitch...…

COVID just doesn't happen, so a neg test now is irrelevant .

Surely Celtic know this guy was in Spain? Or is that where his local shop is ? 

Edited by DougJamie

43 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Agree with most of this however I feel a 3-0 walkover tonight should be the way forward (and arguably any other game in the 14 day quarantine period), they need a hard line punishment to stop it happening again. Wishful thinking though. 

Got to agree with this somewhat, clubs should be forfeiting games where players/officials have flouted guidance and put other people at risk. If the league gets suspended, I would have thought there would be a good case for clubs pursuing a legal recourse for lost revenues.  

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

The game will take place and Celtic will win easily. Anything else is just wishful thinking.

Will it,aye?

Perhaps you should have told Nicola this before she invited the football authorities to tell sellic and Aberdeen that their games are off for at least a week.

Listening to he language being used, "line in the sand", today I get the feeling more severe actions will take place in the future.
Can't happen now as these things would, IMO, have to be clearly stated BEFORE any action. 

It should have been set out like you say, prior to season start : no re-arrangement, if you breach in any way , you forfeit the games affected

But slap on the wrist expected and nothing else

Yellow card now issued because of Celtic & Aberdeen

Red card to the next team ?

Red card those two now

Shouldn't be the clubs getting punished but the players.

Starting from now, a long term ban for any players taking the piss.

On the bright side, maybe fans will be back in the ground by the time this game get played and the club would make money out of it  :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well Sky wont be happy at an other of their games getting called off.

Would anybody really be surprise if they rip up the agreement if they are any more of their games called off. 

They'll just show it another day.